Michael Richards (Kramer from Seinfield) Flips out

ryan89crx

Spoolin single cam!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Going-West said:
Yeah, people say it's empowering when black people say it to each other but racist when white people say it to black people, I think it's stupid.
thats the most f**ked up logic ever....

some people are so ignorant...

MR99si

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
JiuJitsu_greg said:
I agree with the completly! This is the way it should be. I'm interested in what else Kanye said that was racist. All I found on google was the Bush Comment.
Kanye west is a complete piece of s**t saying that GB hates black people, bush has placed more black people in high ranking government positions than any other president (even that piece of s**t slick Willey Bill Clinton)!

BTW I think Kramer had one too many long island ice tea's!

JiuJitsu_greg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Was that the only thing he said though or is there more documented things that he has said?

ryan89crx

Spoolin single cam!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
JiuJitsu_greg said:
Was that the only thing he said though or is there more documented things that he has said?
im sure if they showed you the rest, he wouldnt look so bad...

its all politics...

42Steps

Welcome my son....
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Racism is uncool, no matter what the reason or way you say it....

Hate the man, not the race...

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
42Steps said:
Racism is uncool, no matter what the reason or way you say it....

Hate the man, not the race...
Exactly. And the problem is, people are so f**king ignorant and love to feel like they have superiority, that they feel like racism is the way to go.

Astheros

AMPhotography
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
First off i agree that no one should have the right to say any remarks about someone elses race as in a blanket statement. Generalizing what an individual does in order to fit the description of an entire race is ignorant and stupid. I personally think that blacks using that word is wrong and i do agree that as long as they use it, other people will try and justify themselves as well.

what people have to realize is that just because someone does something wrong (blacks calling themselves that) doesnt mean you have to do something wrong as well stupid. 2 wrongs dont make a right.

however, the difference between a black man saying that to another black man (and its nigga, not nigg%$) is the DYNAMICS OF POWER. As hard as it is to understand, what happened 50-60 yrs ago in this country definitely affects what people do today. when it comes to racial slurs, things will always be worse if said by a white person because they have a higher status in the DYNAMICS OF POWER. what a white person says societally carries more weight and validation than what a non-white person says. this is because this country has not yet learned to accept equality of races. its moving forward yes but still has long to go.

the fact that white people were slave owners, are the wealthiest (non-whites do not yet have the same opportunities to become wealthy) are in the most powerful positions every where you go, it puts them in a position to exercise greater control of their actions and it also makes what they say not more important but easily more audible and confirmed.

and what happened a long time ago is still a problem today. it is usually white people who say to let go of the past...well anyone who f**ked up will try and forget they ever did, this is called DENIAL OF GUILT. if this country sincerely tried to shape the policies so as to promote unity, no one would be bringing up race cards or the like. the fact that Michigan just banned any sort of affirmative action but still kept preferential admissions standards to sons/daughters of alumni, and all the other s**t that mostly benefits white people is hypocrisy at its best.

this country is still racist, it has been, and chances are it will be for a f**king long ass time. what some white people dont realize is that this country was built on immigration and immigrants will eventually replace you. so you either learn to get along or you will be in the receiving end not too long from now.

i also however do think that to some degree blacks have a distorted image of what is wrong and what is right when it comes to the race card. they have been protected for so long agaisnt things like this, that they feel to a certain degree that they are not responsible for part of the effort required to promote equal treatment and the termination of racial slurs.

and my last thing, in no way do i agree with any racial slurs towards any race, including whites...but what is america's fixation on making everything black and white. Latinos ('browns') get f**ked over all the time and noone gives a s**t...well just wait bitches...we are increasingly becoming the biggest minority group out there. :-)

when this happens imma burn all you f**kers...except the ones that own coupes....haha just messing. but everything else was serious though.

EDIT: i think anyone trying to justify kramer is a bit uneducated in North American history ( i say that cause i think anything south of US is more american than this country) and systems of castes; what they promote, encourage, and lead to. go read a book or something people.

DONT THINK YOU'RE WATERING YOUR BRAIN WHEN YOU TAKE A SHOWER

Partizan

im gay n proud luv my car
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Astheros said:
however, the difference between a black man saying that to another black man (and its nigga, not nigg%$) is the DYNAMICS OF POWER. As hard as it is to understand, what happened 50-60 yrs ago in this country definitely affects what people do today. when it comes to racial slurs, things will always be worse if said by a white person because they have a higher status in the DYNAMICS OF POWER. what a white person says societally carries more weight and validation than what a non-white person says. this is because this country has not yet learned to accept equality of races. its moving forward yes but still has long to go.

the fact that white people were slave owners, are the wealthiest (non-whites do not yet have the same opportunities to become wealthy) are in the most powerful positions every where you go, it puts them in a position to exercise greater control of their actions and it also makes what they say not more important but easily more audible and confirmed.

and what happened a long time ago is still a problem today. it is usually white people who say to let go of the past...well anyone who f**ked up will try and forget they ever did, this is called DENIAL OF GUILT. if this country sincerely tried to shape the policies so as to promote unity, no one would be bringing up race cards or the like. the fact that Michigan just banned any sort of affirmative action but still kept preferential admissions standards to sons/daughters of alumni, and all the other s**t that mostly benefits white people is hypocrisy at its best.

t
Honestly, I hear many black guys and gals calling each other niggers. Well, in my high school anyway.

As a white immigrant, I found myself always looked down upon other races when racism/slavey, anythign like that pops up, just cause Im white.

Astheros

AMPhotography
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Partizan said:
Honestly, I hear many black guys and gals calling each other niggers. Well, in my high school anyway.

As a white immigrant, I found myself always looked down upon other races when racism/slavey, anythign like that pops up, just cause Im white.
i know this happens to white people. i think it is wrong to condemm all white people for what history has shown us. but thats why you have to be a responsible white person because in one way or another it is your group who has done most of the racial f**ked up s**t in this country but as an individual all you have to do is not say those kinda things...and people will respect you. this also goes for other groups as well.

edit: the reason also why sometimes white people are all bundled up as bad even if you yourself dont do anything wrong is because sometimes you just might not know youre doing something wrong. google the word PRIVILEGE as it relates to class and society and you might begin to think of nifty little things that are wrong to do that are not necessarily racist but offensive.

BlackHopeDC5

Is Black Again??? :shock:
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Astheros said:
First off i agree that no one should have the right to say any remarks about someone elses race as in a blanket statement. Generalizing what an individual does in order to fit the description of an entire race is ignorant and stupid. I personally think that blacks using that word is wrong and i do agree that as long as they use it, other people will try and justify themselves as well.

what people have to realize is that just because someone does something wrong (blacks calling themselves that) doesnt mean you have to do something wrong as well stupid. 2 wrongs dont make a right.

this country is still racist, it has been, and chances are it will be for a f**king long ass time. what some white people dont realize is that this country was built on immigration and immigrants will eventually replace you. so you either learn to get along or you will be in the receiving end not too long from now.

i also however do think that to some degree blacks have a distorted image of what is wrong and what is right when it comes to the race card. they have been protected for so long agaisnt things like this, that they feel to a certain degree that they are not responsible for part of the effort required to promote equal treatment and the termination of racial slurs.

and my last thing, in no way do i agree with any racial slurs towards any race, including whites...but what is america's fixation on making everything black and white. Latinos ('browns') get f**ked over all the time and noone gives a s**t...well just wait bitches...we are increasingly becoming the biggest minority group out there. :-)

when this happens imma burn all you f**kers...except the ones that own coupes....haha just messing. but everything else was serious though.

EDIT: i think anyone trying to justify kramer is a bit uneducated in North American history ( i say that cause i think anything south of US is more american than this country) and systems of castes; what they promote, encourage, and lead to. go read a book or something people.

I wish more people understood what you do...ESPECIALLY Dynamics of Power. I think your one of the few people i know that understand the concept.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
BlackHope121 said:
Yeah your probally right... i doubt hes really a racist. Those cheap ass niggers really just pissed him. I feel you man... Hate it when niggers ruin a show
Could you please refrain from using racial slurs... :???:

Oh, and from Wikipedia:
On November 17, 2006, Richards performed standup comedy at The Laugh Factory in West Hollywood, California. After an African-American heckler began disturbing Richards, he responded with several aggressive and racially-charged comments. Richards told the heckler that "fifty years ago we'd have you hanging upside-down with a fork in your ass," a comment widely understood in the media as a reference to the United States' history of lynching. A cell-phone camera recording of the incident was made by an audience member during the show.

After the heckler had stopped shouting taunts at Richards, Richards responded by saying: "You can talk, you can talk! You're brave now, motherfucker!" As the heckler was taken outside the room, Richards shouted: "He's a nigger! He's a nigger! He's a nigger!" At one point, Richards was denounced by someone in the audience as "a f**king cracker-ass motherfucker!", to which Richards responded "Cracker-ass?, You calling me cracker-ass nigga"?. Richards' outburst lasted about two minutes before audience members began leaving and he walked off the stage. After a short period of time, an employee of the establishment walked on stage and apologized for Richards' behavior. During a satellite appearance on the Late Show With David Letterman on November 20, 2006, Richards apologized, saying, "For me to be at a comedy club and flip out and say this crap, I'm deeply, deeply sorry. I'm not a racist. That's what's so insane about this." He described his outburst as one of rage. Kenny Kramer commented that "He had a tantrum. Michael is not racist; he is just not a very streetwise performer". Comedian George Lopez said that he believed the reason for the outburst was Richards' inexperience in stand-up comedy and dealing with hecklers. As a result Richards was permanently banned from performing at any of the Laugh Factory comedy clubs.
And just so you know, I've never met white people who talk differently around black people than white people. We don't have meetings about how to keep the black man down and it's rare to hear a racial slur meant in a derogatory way. I don't hang out with as many black people, but that's because honestly there aren't that many black people where I am now and we don't have a lot of things in common (cars, music, etc). I've previously hung out with a lot of different races though. Even breifly had a relationjship with a good friend of mine, who happened to be black. I called things off though since I knew he was going back to VA soon.

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Astheros said:
Latinos ('browns') get f**ked over all the time and noone gives a s**t...well just wait bitches...we are increasingly becoming the biggest minority group out there. :-)

EDIT: i think anyone trying to justify kramer is a bit uneducated in North American history ( i say that cause i think anything south of US is more american than this country)
ok if america is so gay and so bad, then why the f**k are you here... go back to your shithole country if its so great .... must be nice getting robbed by YOUR OWN PEOPLE .....

and what i mean by that is, my 3 friends and i were robbed while in ensenada, bc, mexico by corrupt security and police at the papas and beer bar. We are all white and speak hardly any spanish.

A friend of mine who is MEXICAN was robbed in tijuana, bc, mexico also by the same type of people, even though he speaks perfect spanish they pulled the same type of s**t with him.

Mexico is such an awesome place .... i cant think of why anyone would ever leave with all the prospertiy and economic oppurtunity and its such a safe place to be ... theres no massive cartels or corrupt goverment or gangs ..... oh wait ...... :roll:

Then theres the fact that mexico has HARSHER immigration laws than we do, yet exports all their people on the US.

Back to the topic at hand .... yeah it sucks ... he probably is sorry ..... it probably is the end of his career ..... but im still gonna watch seinfeld and enjoy it.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sounds to me like they were just out of line a bit.

I wonder what the guys in the audience were saying before the phone started recording though...

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
and what happened a long time ago is still a problem today. it is usually white people who say to let go of the past...well anyone who f**ked up will try and forget they ever did, this is called DENIAL OF GUILT.
so because someone i never knew might have owned someone that you never knew i'm supposed to feel sorry and pay for it?
sorry bro, it doesnt work that way
i wasnt born with a silver spoon in my mouth, i guess i have "white power" to thank for that trailor i was born in

acceptance of segregation in any form will only delay progress
segregation begets segregation
we got rid of white only drinking fountains and establishments, and now we have black only words and scholarships

it's putting a band-aid on cancer, not fighting segregation wont accomplish anything
supporting racism from any race about any race should not be tolerated

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Astheros said:
and what happened a long time ago is still a problem today. it is usually white people who say to let go of the past...well anyone who f**ked up will try and forget they ever did, this is called DENIAL OF GUILT.
What? I never enslaved anyone. I never harassed anyone for their race. I never didn't become friends or hire anyone or anythign else because someone was a different color than I am.

I never f**ked up like that... :???:
$lick Rick said:
so because someone i never knew might have owned someone that you never knew i'm supposed to feel sorry and pay for it?
i wasnt born with a silver spoon in my mouth, i guess i have "white power" to thank for that trailor i was born in

we got rid of white only drinking fountains and establishments, and now we have black only words and scholarships

it's putting a band-aid on cancer, not fighting segregation wont accomplish anything
:werd:

I don't know what race everyone in here is, but some of the attitudes at least.. I think some people use race as an excuse for why things might not go perfectly for them.

"I didn't get hired for job. It's because I'm not white. Those people looked at me oddly. It must be because I'm not white. Had I been born white i'd be driving through town in my Porsche and living in a three story house with a gorgeous wife and exactly the job I always wanted or going through the best college out there."

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
$lick Rick said:

Well put, I totally agree. I have never called someone in a minority race a racial slur, I've never owned a slave, or treated people badly just because of their race. Equality does not come from reparations, equality comes from EQUALITY.

Hatch_Of_Doom

death's just death
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I think it was a joke gone bad. And yes, I do believe it was truely his fault. If you're a comedian and someone's pissing you off, I don't think it's justified to flat out attack them racially. It's a soft subject, and yes comedians touch on it a lot, and we can all laugh at some racial jokes, but this was overboard.

JiuJitsu_greg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Astheros said:

I pretty much don't agree with anything you are saying. First in what way don't African American have the same opertunity to make money that white people do? Second Affimative action is B.S. I don't care what race you are. If you are the best person for a job you should get. You shouldn't get a job to fill the white man quota or the mexican guy quota. The fact is Black people sold black people to white people. Slavery is a thing of the past. It was sad and should have never happened but you have never been a slave. I have never seen a slave. I have never owned a slave. Lets all grow from the horrible things done in this nation and be better people by not dweling on the past. Reperations are a joke as far as I am conserned. Ever race has encountered hardship:jews, blacks, indians, irsh, etc. I don't see jewish people asking everyone German to give them money. It's rediculous! People just need to grow up and stop playing the race card. The more you use race as an excuse for things the more it will come back at you. It's the nature of karma. Oh yeah LAtinos don't get the shaft either. I know many prosperous Latinos.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Going-West said:
Yeah, people say it's empowering when black people say it to each other but racist when white people say it to black people, I think it's stupid. It like if I call a girl a stupid cunt it's offensive but girls can call others girls that and it's ok. I just stay away from that word in general.
As was said on Fark.com about it:
Beerz said:
If blacks want to retain the right to be outraged by use of the N word then they shouldn't go around calling each other it all of the time.
Oh, and the other thing that comes to mind about Kanye West is when he said that white people shouldn't be able to use "black slang" until it's worn out and no longer used by black people. Kanye West is a tool though. He's just not very smart at all... and kind of crazy. I think Richards put his foot in his mouth big time and just got lucky enough to have that caught on film too. I think it was a mistake and he wasn't prepared to deal with the hecklers. I don't think he's actually racist though. Just like my sister has called my mom a b***h in a fit of rage, but I really don't think she means that she thinks our mom is a b***h.