Mx-5 turbo on Em1?

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
do it....but if u do it run it at around 7 psi atleast.....make sure u get a intercooler....maybe a psi gauge to....and to be safe get a good fuel pump and around 440 dsm fuel injectors

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Chaos said:
do it....but if u do it run it at around 7 psi atleast.....make sure u get a intercooler....maybe a psi gauge to....and to be safe get a good fuel pump and around 440 dsm fuel injectors
lol, psi gauge, something tells me you're just making guesses.

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Blahman240 said:
lol, psi gauge, something tells me you're just making guesses.
indeed. you;ll probably want a A/F gauge, a boost gauge, and an oil pressure gauge at least. i;d get a water temp and oil temp gauge as well just to be safe.

even though you might be getting the turbo for free you;ll still need fuel and engine management stuff that;ll set you back. but personally i say do it. more turbo hondas = less happy domestic drivers

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ok, I'm not stupid...I KNOW that there are lots of other parts I would need to get it running, parts that I am willing to shell out money for. And also like I said, a small boost in power is more than enough for me. I believe this turbo is internally wastegated at 7.5 psi or something like that. The point was I get some of the parts for no cost, and that's a start. But thanks again for you alls input =)

radarblips

WELCOME TO VUVLAR
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Seems like people are more interested in making you feel stupid than actually providing you with something helpful :lol:
I say go for it. When you get everything put on and you like it, keep the mx-5 turbo, if it's not enough buy a bigger turbo. The way I see it you'll be boosted either way.

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
radarblips said:
Seems like people are more interested in making you feel stupid than actually providing you with something helpful :lol:
I say go for it. When you get everything put on and you like it, keep the mx-5 turbo, if it's not enough buy a bigger turbo. The way I see it you'll be boosted either way.
sum-m sum-m helpfull? did you not read tha first piznost he asked fo` thugz opinions now motherfuckers lemme here ya say hoe. wetha he does it or not is all up ta him mah nizzle. i already said yey fo` tha boost.

radarblips

WELCOME TO VUVLAR
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
itsmycookie said:
sum-m sum-m helpfull? did you not read tha first piznost he asked fo` thugz opinions now motherfuckers lemme here ya say hoe. wetha he does it or not is all up ta him mah nizzle. i already said yey fo` tha boost.
I never said he didn't, but then again it's not like he's a noob asking dumb h22-500 lbs heavier than b16 questions. I was just stating my opinion.
Don't shoot me Cook

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I am slightly worried about whether the turbine will mount up to a normal t25 manifold because i hear the flange may be different...but we'll have to take it off and see...or i can just get my buddy to make me a flangeroo.