5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i want a tl so bad

tienr

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
couple of teaser pics for righ tnow. took advantage of the weather on saturday to start the install. quickly washed the car. then installed the sides. took the bumper off and installed the rear lip. gonna try to install the rear bumper on tomorrow. and maybe do the front lip on wednesday. next set of pics will be of the full kit installed.

during the install, i had a mishap with the drill

the blue bits of painters tape is holding the flap for the double sided tape, just in case you were wondering.

tnk

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
that cut looks pretty serious man, think u might need stitches?

tienr

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
that cut looks pretty serious man, think u might need stitches?
eh, i stuck a bandaid over top of it, we'll see how it goes. it didn't hurt as bad as it looks. kinda a big stinging feel. my hands/fingers were really dry.

tienr

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
rear bumper has been installed, i will tackle on the front lip tomorrow.

ryanM

so like

if you have a car like that

why do you daily drive a busted old civic.

that TL is like 100% daily driver status.

i guess it just seems opposite to me, daily drive the old busted project looking thing instead of the newer, more comfortable vehicle.

tienr

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
so like

if you have a car like that

why do you daily drive a busted old civic.

that TL is like 100% daily driver status.

i guess it just seems opposite to me, daily drive the old busted project looking thing instead of the newer, more comfortable vehicle.
i drive 80 miles a day. when i did DD the TL, i put on 12,000 miles in 5 months. this is why i have a different DD, and its not a busted old civic anymore, its a pretty mint prelude.

tienr

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
teasers

well, just finished installing the front lip, so it is now complete. unfortunately, the sun was setting just as i got finished, so i snapped a few before the sun would go down. so here are some teasers until i can get some good pics on a nice sunny day.

tienr

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
looks nice
you gonna drop it any?
i'm really thinkin about it...might do the aspec suspension swap since its pretty cheap and is a nice subtle drop.

now all i need are aspec trunk lip spoiler, type s or aspec wheels, and some tint....may get the window visors. but after that, i think i'm done.

tienr

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
here are a few pics i took at the gas station. after seeing these pics, i've come to the conclusion that i don't need to go any lower. gonna try to find a good deal on some type s wheels, get the aspec trunk lid spoiler, then call it a day.

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
you need tints

ryanM

isnt the point of a daily driver to put miles on it driving it every day?

i still dont understand..

tienr

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
isnt the point of a daily driver to put miles on it driving it every day?

i still dont understand..
yea, a daily driver is to put miles on it everyday...thats why i got a prelude, so i can put miles on it everyday.

i don't see what you don't understand. why would i want to put 24k miles a year on a nice car, when i can put it on something i don't care as much about, i don't need to be super comfortable and have navigation and heated seats just to go to work....maybe its because you've never had a nice car, so you would never understand. i might be taking it way out of proportion here, but its like if you own a ferrari, why would you drive that around everyday, when you could drive your bmw and take the ferrari out on nice days. some people value the things they have, as i have always been taught.

ShinsenTuner

CC's Youngest OG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Honestly... the reason why people buy DD's are to have something comfortable to drive in every single day, opposed to an old... car, i suppose. But they're your cars and they are both magnificently clean.

Jbuck2KCivic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
yea, a daily driver is to put miles on it everyday...thats why i got a prelude, so i can put miles on it everyday.

i don't see what you don't understand. why would i want to put 24k miles a year on a nice car, when i can put it on something i don't care as much about, i don't need to be super comfortable and have navigation and heated seats just to go to work....maybe its because you've never had a nice car, so you would never understand. i might be taking it way out of proportion here, but its like if you own a ferrari, why would you drive that around everyday, when you could drive your bmw and take the ferrari out on nice days. some people value the things they have, as i have always been taught.
That's the way I always understood it

tienr

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i would like too...i really would. maybe some day....