My 2nd EJ8, 98 & black this time around!

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Looks pretty good. I think the license plate hanging low takes away from the look of the front end.

K-N-2-EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Looks pretty good. I think the license plate hanging low takes away from the look of the front end.
ya the license plate looks a little jank. I like the vc tho. Nice job.
in my state we are required to run 2 plates, i bought bumper plugs from Honda i dont know what to do with the plate other than place it there? any thoughts?

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
in my state we are required to run 2 plates, i bought bumper plugs from Honda i dont know what to do with the plate other than place it there? any thoughts?
Move it up to where the plugs are. That's where most have theres. In Ohio they require 2 plates but I just throw mine in the front window. Never really had an issue with it other than one verbal warning I got but was pulled over for something else.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah either use the bumper holes or maybe bend the bracket upwards some. It looks like it's just barely hanging on.

K-N-2-EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
the whole reason i bought the plugs were so i didnt have to run the plate there...i might try throwing it in the window but that looks trashy to me

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have to say I like the valve cover too :D

act440

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Move it up to where the plugs are. That's where most have theres. In Ohio they require 2 plates but I just throw mine in the front window. Never really had an issue with it other than one verbal warning I got but was pulled over for something else.
x2, im from northeast ohio and although they do require 2 plates, ive never had a cop give me or any of my buddys problems with it in the window, and there is atleast 12 of us, and s**t i even have my girlfriends in her neon in the windshield, cleans it up (as much as you could clean a neon up hah) and plus uts legal, and the cops shouldnt give you problems, well they dont in ohio atleast.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
A license plate in the windshield is not legal.

Law states it must be on the frontmost and rearmost points of the car and there are certain height limits.

I would either put it back where its supposed to go or get a relocation kit! Some of those actually look pretty nice imo!

Decipher

Registered VIP
I've been running my plate in my windshield since I was driving my Oldsmobile Aurora, since it had no factory brackets for mounting a front plate. Cops never bother me for having it in the windshield.

The brace, the lip and the VC look really good man... nice work. Now how about those coilovers!

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
A license plate in the windshield is not legal.

Law states it must be on the frontmost and rearmost points of the car and there are certain height limits.
Agreed. I don't have any holes in my bumper for a plate nor do I want any. Decided to do it this way and haven't hand any issues with it.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Im sure some states are more lax, but in Colorado they will pull you over daily and eventually impound your car!

They use the front plate for radar to get an accurate recording of speed since some paint colors can absorb the radar.
This is y most states require a front plate. That and of course for identification purposes.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Im sure some states are more lax, but in Colorado they will pull you over daily and eventually impound your car!

They use the front plate for radar to get an accurate recording of speed since some paint colors can absorb the radar.
This is y most states require a front plate. That and of course for identification purposes.
Wouldn't you have to be pulled over for a different reason as I am pretty sure its a non-moving violation and you can't get pulled over solely for that? I know they can make BS up as to why they pulled you over.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I got a plate relocator years ago and I have never been bothered about it. Plus my car is lowered. But NY requires both plates as well.

I also know people who don't use a front plate because they don't have mounting places either. Some have been bothered countless times while others have rarely been pulled over. It really depends on the car.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have been pulled over countless times for no front plate back when i had a modded honda.

I used to raise cane about all of the corvette owners, but this didnt help lol. They would always start in on my lowered suspension and steering wheel and carbon fiber and exhaust and such.

Basically what was said above-- they only mess with certain types of vehicles.
I ran my dodge ram without a plate for a few years and never got pulled over once!

Everyone puts hondas in their own category and especially when a young male is driving!

May i suggest a european style plate? Ive heard u can run those as long as the numbers match the rear plate!

K-N-2-EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Thanks for all the helpful info guys! I guess i never even thought of a relocation bracket that would be a nice touch..however i might try running no front plate at all and just play dumb and say there are no holes in the front...given that my bumper plugs will throw them off. Anyways im getting coils and dont forget my sidemarkers i already have will be installed after winter...i dont want salt on them just yet lol.