My 95 Civic Coupe.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
spend some time doing a good visual inspection to actually find where your leak is coming from instead of guessing which gaskets to replace.

keep this thing alive

Naught260

5+ Year Member
I didn't just guess, although I can see why it would appear that way.

I replaced the VTEC and distributor gaskets because the shop I had it towed to when it died on the highway told me they were the problem.

After replacing them, I cleaned/degreased the engine block so I could tell if oil was still coming out or not. It was, and it appears that it was coming out from under valve cover, so that was next, followed by another cleaning to make sure I can inspect.

Definitiely not just randomly replacing stuff. And I agree, I do want this car to last.

And 95Coupe, the o2 sensor is mounted underneath on the DC header.

civicmand16y7

Registered VIP
[/B]

Hello,
I am the technical manager for FRAM. What happened to you has happened at least once to anyone who ever changes thier own oil. The old "O" ring sticks to the block from heat. You always need to make sure it is not stuck on the block when removing the old filter. And, no FRAM filters do not "suck", they filter oil at 96% efficiency, in fact, they are original equipment on factory Honda's. Look at the blue honda filter, its made by Honeywell, parent company of FRAM and is nearly identical to our Tough Guard filter inside. I am happy to answer and filtration, spak plug and ignition or coolant/cooling system questions you may have. Have a great day
well i think they do becouse when i had my mitsubishi eclipse (ok honda guys dont kill me) i went throw 3 motors with a FRAM when i would pull it off the insides would be sucked to the top so i think they suck

NOTE i jumpedto the good side and traded the eclipse that had a scaterd tranns for my 94 honda civic :D

Hondanutz

Good to see your starting with the right parts and not just slinging money at wheels and coilovers before its in good running order.
I used to have a coup in exactly the same colour as that, only it was a right hand drive as its a uk spec.
Ill chuck up a couple of pics if you like.
Keep it up. Barney.

aeaddy03

Up And Coming
5+ Year Member
very nice coupe man. the looked very nice after that pressure wash. cant wait to see it with wheels and drop.

Naught260

5+ Year Member
Good to see your starting with the right parts and not just slinging money at wheels and coilovers before its in good running order.
I used to have a coup in exactly the same colour as that, only it was a right hand drive as its a uk spec.
Ill chuck up a couple of pics if you like.
Keep it up. Barney.
Thanks man. Yeah it's a daily so keeping it running is the priority. It does need tires, so a wheel/tire combo is next on the list. I'd love to see some pics of yours.

very nice coupe man. the looked very nice after that pressure wash. cant wait to see it with wheels and drop.
Hehe me neither.

Jeegz

Did sum1 say mud??
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
This happened about a week ago. Really not sure how or why. The mounting tab on my rear bumper seems to have broken off. It won't stay on.

I have some ideas on how I might fix it (Glue) but I'm looking for better suggestions. Anyone?

A self tapping screw will fix that right up. Its a very common problem with this generation. Theres a rubber piece in the wheel well thats supposed to channel water out, but it hold it in and rust out everything. Hope i helped!

Naught260

5+ Year Member
Thanks. I'm not sure that's the problem but I'll look again. It seems to me that something physically ripped the bumper out, and the force bent the metal tab that holds that screw clip in place at the same time. No idea how that happened though.

AMF

Yeah so I post a lot of random updates in this thread. Keeps me motivated to continue working on the car.

I took her out for an emissions inspection Tuesday. Here's the result...

This sucks. Check out the legal limit compared to where I am. I guess the first thing I'm going to have to do is check the timing.
i had the same problem when i went to smog my car, but then again the california regs are the stricktest in the country :x you might wanna bring your timing light with you so you could retard your timming to the farthest point allowed... i went to autozone and bought this liquid that you put in your gas tank to help with the smog... drove it around and let the gas go to empty and then refilled it w/ 93 octane and also some lucas oil fuel treatment.... before i retested i let my car idle for about 30 minutes and drove it around for another 30 minutes to get the cat REAL hot !!! when i retested, i passed with flying colors :D hope this helps....

Hondanutz

Here's a couple of pics of mine. It saw alot of money and time thrown at it. including full leather re-trim and B18 conversion. 90% of the work i did myself. I sold it a year ago, when i was having problems with money and my woman.
I actualy had four civic's. I sold three and get the one worth the least money to run about in to get back on my feet.
If it wasnt for that crap situation then i would never have sold it. Im from the UK by the way. Enjoy. Barney.

Naught260

5+ Year Member
I really like the look of that thing. I'm going to steal some of your ideas.

You should post a thread about it in this section. I bet you'd get a lot of good responses

Naught260

5+ Year Member
I really like the look of that thing. I'm going to steal some of your ideas.

You should post a thread about it in this section. I bet you'd get a lot of good responses

Hondanutz

Cheers dude. I may put up a thread. ill see.
The busiest UK honda civic forum is civiclife.net join up and have a look around.... tell them Civic_Boz sent you!
Uk scene is getting better and better all the time.

MobStarr

5+ Year Member
Cheers dude. I may put up a thread. ill see.
The busiest UK honda civic forum is civiclife.net join up and have a look around.... tell them Civic_Boz sent you!
Uk scene is getting better and better all the time.
Really diggin your ride. I WANT DETAILS! Very classy.