My 96 DX Hatch build (56k warning)

ct96ek

5+ Year Member
After paint its going up on the jack stands to redo the suspension. Everything is coming off, getting blasted, coated with POR15 or Rust Bullet then reinstalled with new bushings and hardware where it is needed. Fastbrakes 11 inch Integra kit up front and some si discs out back all new of course. Stainless brake hoses, new hubs/bearings...etc. Then the wheels go to be refinished. Rear seats will go to upholstery to get matched to the racing seats I don't have yet. Then the interior back in with the fuse box in the glove box and the battery either infront of the front wheels or boxed in the trunk. Still can't decide if I can live with out a sub. Then finally on to the engine.

ct96ek

5+ Year Member
The Engine.....

I still need to learn the answers to some of my questions when it comes to my potential swap. After comparing my goals, the financial limits and what is available I think I have decided.

I am afraid of boost for many reasons some of which are stupid. Probably because this fall I went on a mountain run with my g35/350z club (fast driving through curving country roads up here in the northeast) I saw a VQ spit chucks of block and oil all over the road infront of me.

So I want to stay NA and not go crazy with high compression and an aggressive cam. SOOOO I am thinking I want to just go H22 and not care about all of the weight issues everyone wines about. I would have the engine torn down hot tanked and re-assembled with new rings, bearings and gaskets. Just do bolt-ons and call it a day.

The question I have are:
In order to pass inspection in CT (which for 96+ is just plugging in and checking for CEL type stuff) I need to stay ODB II. That would mean I need a 97+ H22 which is easy to find around here and pretty cheap. But will I have immobilizer problems?

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

ct96ek

5+ Year Member
New pics from the body shop!

Before

During

After

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Very well done.

ct96ek

5+ Year Member
Painter is taking longer than he said. WHAT A SUPRISE! Haha He hasn't touched the car since Monday. I am in no rush but I got so excited after seeing the bay painted on Monday. I can't wait to get to work again.

Suanico

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
WOW! I like seeing body work getting done correctly!

Jezek

No Avatar FTW.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
man, can I have it when you're done?

looks good man

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
your just jealous Jezek...

ct96ek

5+ Year Member
Painter has now gone a week without doing anything to the car. I stopped in to see it on my way home from work and found it outside in the rain with no tarp. So my new carpet is now wet and I am sure more mold is growing as we speak AHHHHHH! He is getting an earful tomorrow.

QzFiNeST107

Painter has now gone a week without doing anything to the car. I stopped in to see it on my way home from work and found it outside in the rain with no tarp. So my new carpet is now wet and I am sure more mold is growing as we speak AHHHHHH! He is getting an earful tomorrow.
i would be so mad, and take it to a different painter:x

tnk

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
progress lookz great man, keep it up!

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
wow awesome project car man keep us posted with your ride

ct96ek

5+ Year Member
Body is done and I am picking it up today. They are painting all of the other pieces today.