My 97 Turbo Coupe

5SpeedEJ6

Respected
Registered VIP
my top collar is frozen on the body on the rear driver side coilover.....
You mean like the top one is frozen to the spring? or you mean the lower one that locks the shock bottom to the threaded part is seized?
There is always the old method of the hammer and the flathead to get those to come apart.

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
You mean like the top one is frozen to the spring? or you mean the lower one that locks the shock bottom to the threaded part is seized?
There is always the old method of the hammer and the flathead to get those to come apart.
yea top one that the spring sits on i would use my hammer but its late and don't want to be making noise tomorrow i'll be tryig to get it unstuck so i can lower it abit but if anything i might have to raise the fronts halfway back upor 1/3 way back up kinda like having that forward rake stance

5SpeedEJ6

Respected
Registered VIP
I mean I don't think it matters that it's stuck, as long as you're not trying to mess with the preload?
Because the height adjustment comes from the shock sliding up and down (I'm sure you already knew that lol).

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
I mean I don't think it matters that it's stuck, as long as you're not trying to mess with the preload?
Because the height adjustment comes from the shock sliding up and down (I'm sure you already knew that lol).
Yea I wanted to lower it more

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
Been awhile since I posted been super busy getting ready to move soon and bunch of other stuff but quick update finally fixed the oil drain line rest of the fittings and had went with xxr 527 16x8.25 +0 offset with 195/40zr16
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

jakeeton1002

Respected
Been awhile since I posted been super busy getting ready to move soon and bunch of other stuff but quick update finally fixed the oil drain line rest of the fittings and had went with xxr 527 16x8.25 +0 offset with 195/40zr16
View attachment 27557

View attachment 27558

View attachment 27559

View attachment 27560
I'm assuming you had to roll the fenders for that fitment, but did you pull them as well? I'm looking into some 16x8s, and some people say you do need to roll and pull your fenders, some say you don't.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

5SpeedEJ6

Respected
Registered VIP
YOU'RE ALIVE! lmao I was wondering if you were still on the forum.. it seemed like you disappeared out of nowhere!
Anyways looks like a nice update. As far as the wheels, I really like those actually. Did you sell the old ones?

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
YOU'RE ALIVE! lmao I was wondering if you were still on the forum.. it seemed like you disappeared out of nowhere!
Anyways looks like a nice update. As far as the wheels, I really like those actually. Did you sell the old ones?
Yep my settlement is about to finish end of this month so been busy cleaning out my room all my stuff in the garage packing things up and s**t I traded my old polished one for these with like 50$ cash on top since the 2 tires had camber wear

I'm assuming you had to roll the fenders for that fitment, but did you pull them as well? I'm looking into some 16x8s, and some people say you do need to roll and pull your fenders, some say you don't.

Yea all my fenders are rolled and with the 0 offset yea I had to pull the front fenders alittle but to clear on full lock to lock since that's when it touches

Last edited by a moderator:

jakeeton1002

Respected
Yea all my fenders are rolled and with the 0 offset yea I had to pull the front fenders alittle but to clear on full lock to lock since that's when it touches
Did you pull them yourself or did a shop do it for you? And if a shop did it, how much did they charge?

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
Did you pull them yourself or did a shop do it for you? And if a shop did it, how much did they charge?

I did my self I just pull it with my hands but I kept the wheels turned and had friends sit in the car to simulate weight load on the car and just pulled it enough for me to slide 3 cc in between since I didn't want to over do it and I didn't really want to put some crazy camber. All my camber are almost near factory settings

i forgot to mention in the update that i did some cutting on the inside of the cabin for more weight shaving, ran out of cutting discs :/
IMG_0204.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Is the plan to only make the car fast? Cutting structural components out is not recommended

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
The car is gonna be caged actually the car is cut up way more my hood is just the outer skin and trunk as well all that back there is gonna be cut out. You be surprised how how heavy all these metals are they look thin and light but its not and everything adds up

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I feel if weight was important you'd buy real light weight parts, cf goodies, light non knockoff race rims. Remember you gotta cut 8lbs to get a single horsepower. All this hack saw garbage isn't worth it. If you're going for "big numbers" like you claim, what's 2-4 more from removing structural parts of the car?

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
Weight is important being that this car will be in a actual competition events. You got others that you're trying to beat against for that first place prize. For now like I said before I'm gonna be running in the 11.50 index street class. That also means if I run times faster then 11.00 I would be automatically be disqualified and loose the the entire race event. there is a lot more rules and restriction on modification to the car depending on the class your competing in also those fiber glass and carbon fiber doors don't have side impact beams that the stock door does and as per in the rule you can only use those doors if you have a cage and have side bars welded to the cage. so I won't using doors like those until I move up to the 10.50 index class, 10.50 index requires a cage to compete so that being said those fiber glass and carbon fiber doors will be useful then. Like I said before I'm not building this car as a daily street car, I'm building it as a race car that just also gonna be driven in the streets. big difference in the two