My 99 Coupe Build Project 2-----New Paint, Motor ETC

JeShUa

Keepin` it phresh
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
How come when you got it there are steelies up front?

DetainedCivic

I haz SR20
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Funny how you're trying to make it stock. I'm surprised you found buyers for all those ugly pieces :x. I hope the car turns out well and you find a good home for it :].
I like the stock look better because its lighter then most aftermarket parts. Those aftermarket bumpers were alot heavier then the stock bumpers. I don't mind kits if done right, I use to have a kit on my old car for awhile. That was back in the day when kits were more around. Most kits don't line up and are cheap quality. The one I use to have cost over $1000. As I get older I rather spend that on go fast stuff.

The guy traded me OEM headlights, Fenders, Front Bumper for the bodykit.

I then went and bought OEM tail lights, jdm fogs, spoon style lip, SiR grill. Thats all I am doing to the exterior.

Looks stock and lines up

what happened to it?
in your before pics it looked kinda trashed.
Like most body kits and neglectful owners after awhile they start going to crap. Front bumper had rock chips, scraps in it. Rear bumper had paint chipping off. Those sideskirts were held onto the side of the car by 3M double sided tape. After awhile it didn't stick anymore and didnt line up to the body. The paint was cheap, reason for chipping and the color didn't match the factory paint. Those pics that guy posted where of the car when it was first completed and you couldn't tell the color difference. He just didn't take care of it.

How come when you got it there are steelies up front?
The one rim had a cracked lip and flat tire when I went to pick it up. The guy I bought it off of, just bought it off the original owner that did all this work to it. The guy I bought it from had no idea how to work on cars and just wanted it gone and something dependable to drive. Reason why he traded for my hatch.

DetainedCivic

I haz SR20
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I finished up painting the engine bay, jams and trunk area this weekend. I will get pics as soon as possible.

DetainedCivic

I haz SR20
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
pixxors FINALLY

Here is a little update of what I have been doing. I have finished the engine bay and put everything back together, still need to extend a few wires, run the harness for my foglights, run wires for my side markers. Also finished the door jams, just need to put the interior back together and clean it. Will be painting the inside of the doors when I go to paint the entire car. Also finished the trunk area, need to install trim pieces. Will finish the bottom of the lid when I paint the rest of the car.

To see what the bay first looked like go to my first post on page 1.

The bay does have dust and my finger prints all over it so excuse that, also it was low light so the pics are decent.

DetainedCivic

I haz SR20
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
damn cant wait to see more
I will get more, I got even more stuff done this weekend. Got the car wire tucked, installed wiring for fog lights and jdm corner lights. Installed short shifter, all interior is cleaned and back in the car. Engine bay is all back together. Me and a friend took it down the road with no front end on just to be able to drive it again.

cool what color are you painting the car?
It came off the 2005 Chevy Tahoe, its called Dark Spiral Gray Metallic Clearcoat.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Damn, changing for the better ;) :thumbs up.

Looks good. Keep it up!

DetainedCivic

I haz SR20
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Still deciding if I should leave the OEM lights like they are or do the DIY ctr lights. One friend said it would look better with the dark housing OEM lights.

Decisions!!!

DetainedCivic

I haz SR20
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I just finished chipping the ecu last night. I used Crome and made a stock type r map on a chip then I have another chip for a ls/vtec setup with more aggressive fuel maps. Both vtecs kick in at 5300 rpm.

Installed the ecu and the car fired up and idled fine. Can't wait to finish breaking the motor in and running the aggressive chip.

DetainedCivic

I haz SR20
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Seems like I make progress on my car but I forget the camera. I will try and get pics.

But I got everything wired in, wire tuck complete, jdm side markes wired in, headlights bolted in, foglights wired in and installed. Front bumper installed, si grill installed. All interior is back in except the door panels.

Also got new wheels to roll on. Will have to get pics of them.

jdmpassion

that civic.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
hey sorry about askin this but i have no knowledge.

oem is stock replacement.
do you get oem parts from a honda dealership? or what.

looks very nice btw.

Jason-

jdm king :p
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm impressed on how far your car as come along. Starting to look much nicer than your before pictures.

looks very nice btw.
Yes, OEM Honda parts will come from any Honda Dealership. Just remember, some dealerships will be cheaper than others.

-Jason

DetainedCivic

I haz SR20
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member

looks very nice btw.
Yeah like Jason- said OEM Honda parts you can order from the dealership.

DetainedCivic

I haz SR20
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well I finally took pics before I left for a week to Chicago (Actually in Chicago right now)

Here I put the interior back together minus the door panels.

I lengthened all the wires needed since I did the wire tuck. I had to extend the headlight wires and corner lights. Then I installed the headlights. I was going to do a DIY on the headlights and paint them the same color as the car color but I think that would be to much black so I am going to leave them alone

Installed the bumper with the new grill and the new lip.

Also installed the foglights. I choose the clear lights instead of the JDM yellow to match the headlights since I am leaving the headlights chrome.

Here is a few more pics of the swap, I want to paint the valve cover but I will do that later. All the wires are run underneath the frame rails.

I also installed the dual bend short shifter with gsr knob and carbon fiber shift boot.

And I installed the carbon fiber arm rest cover. Kinda of stayed with the carbon fiber theme in the interior. The shift boot is CF, the arm rest is CF and the outer vents have a cf over lay and the vents themselves are painted with a black trim paint.

You can see in this pic how I did the vents

And here are the new wheels that I traded the SI's for. Also in this pic, you maybe able to see that I ran the wires for the JDM markers on the hood release cable and ziptied to it, I also ran the wires for the foglights in side the frame rail.

The wheels are kinda dirty but they look good and the tires are practically brand new. This was the other reason I left the headlights and foglights clear. WIth so much black the OEM headlights I think look good. I didn't want to DIY black the headlights and have black everywhere.

The JDM corner lights are wired up, they come on when the corner lights come on but I wired them so they don't ever blink, just the corner lights blink. I ran the pass. side marker wires throught the frame rail for a clean install. All wires throught out the car are shielded, taped and ziptied out of the way or running through the frame rails.

But that is what I have been working on lately. When I get back home on Saturday I can't wait to work on the car and hopefully finally get it back together and ready for body work/paint.

imbcruz

ItsMeBraulio!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nice To see I'm not the only one n here Dercing a Civic Good luck with her man s**t is looking tight already.. keep us Updated

Coutts

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
um did you put that shifter in backwards? kind of looks like it with the way that knob looks in that pic...

other than that looks good!