My 99 Coupe Build Project 2-----New Paint, Motor ETC

matt96ex

3 pedals ftw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
holy crap man the car has come a long way. maddd props to you. cant wait to see the FINAL product, washed up, finished, motor and turbo done and everything! looks amazing bro. nice job.

Suanico

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
that s**t looks 100x better all you need is some H caps and put everything back on and f**k man hit the streets

DetainedCivic

I haz SR20
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Here is a short vid on my phone that I took last night. Might have to do it in the daytime to get a better look.

Its in 3rd gear from 50mph to 90mph. I only take it to 7000rpm before I let off. I will get a better video with someone taping going through the gears.

Mods
b16 longblock
ls tranny
t3/t4 turbo setup
450cc
tune on crome
10lbs of boost.

Once I finish installing the side markers and cleaning the car I will take pics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lG89CkXCs3M

AlexM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yeah, video was terrible, I didn't even know it started yet and the video was over, haha.

mylovehx

Hatches rock
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
looks sexy as hell. cant wait to get rid of my rice body kit too. just cant find anybody who wants to trade. gonna start looking in junkyards pretty soon

Suanico

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
shes alive! get some updated pics, and a better video man

DetainedCivic

I haz SR20
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yeah I will get better pics and videos. Hopefully this weekend. Last weekend I did not have a chance to do anything.

I have a small fuel leak with the o-rings on the injectors. Need to replace these.

Other then that she runs great.

DetainedCivic

I haz SR20
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Got the car running good and was able to fix all the bugs that I had.

Here is a day time video I took. I did not drive it as hard as I could. No launch. 5-10mph roll, easy on the shifting.
I am going to sell this car and have no need to drive it hard or break anything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTdEmwfIO2w

Here are a few pics I took. I still need to install the side markers and fully detail the exterior and interior of the car. Once I finish those few easy jobs I will take better pics in a better location.

Thanks for looking.

and the best one so far. (Don't mind my friend in the car. He use to have a 00 SI and wanted to drive the car to cry over getting rid of his EM1)

And here is a cell phone pic I took in the garage of the motor and setup I have.

EDIT: Here is my list of the car.
99 Civic EX
79,000 Miles on the Chassis.
Power Windows, Cruise Control, Keyless Entry, NO AC, Power Steering

ALL Parts in this list have been added to the car since I have owned it. Look at the before pics and my latest pics and you can see all the things I changed

Engine
1995 JDM b16 (typical 35k-55k mileage)
t3/t4 Turbo 50 Trim
xspower turbo manifold version2 with the support braces
xspower intercooler
greddy style BOV
Tial Style Wastegate
Manual Boost Controller
-3an Oil Supply Line
Inline Pro Oil Return Line Kit
NGK Spark Plug Wires
NGK 2step colder spark plugs

Transmission
LS Transmission
Action 2KS Clutch
GSR Dual Bend Shifter

Fuel Management
DSM Blue Top 450cc Injectors
OBD2b-OBD1 Conversion Harness
88-91 Honda CRX Resistor Box
USDM Chipped P72 street tuned on Crome
4200 RPM Launch Control, Check Engine Light shift light, Rev Limiter 8400, Vtec 5500, Boost Cut at 11.2 PSI

Suspension/Wheels
R1 Coilovers on Stock Struts
Megan Racing Strut tower bar
Tomz rear lower tie bar
16x7.5 Polished Rota Slips

Exterior (All non OEM exterior pieces were ordered from Password)
Grey Spiral Metallic Paint (bay, jams, trunk all painted)
Mugen Style Front Lip
CTR Style Grill
OEM replica FogLights
JDM Side Markers
Honda OEM Optional Spoiler (On car when I got it)
OEM 99-00 Headlights
OEM 99-00 Taillights
OEM Fenders (originals on car were dented bad)
OEM Side Skirts

Interior
Sony Explode CD Player
Kenwood Front Speakers
Infinity Rear Speakers
GSR Leather Shift Knob
SI Front Seats
OEM Honda Civic Floor Mats
Boost Gauge

That is a list of parts that I have bought and put on the car since my build. The car has come along way.

DetainedCivic

I haz SR20
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well I guess I should be nice and show some pics of that last few days I had the car before I sold it to a member on here. He is taking care of the car now and glad it's in good hands.

SMokey1882

5+ Year Member
I just got a new account on ClubCivic and was browsing around until I stumbled into here. I jumped from what it looked like when you bought it to now. I am simply speechless, that car is an inspiration. Simply amazing.

DetainedCivic

I haz SR20
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Thanks for all the compliments. The car was fun to build and I do miss driving it. The member who bought it from here flew in from Georgia to pick it up and drove it all the way back home. He has done head work and now putting a fully built ls bottom end on it and is expecting 400+hp.

I went from a ls/vtec swap I wasn't happy with the power to a ls turbo setup. Upon starting up the ls motor found out it had major problems with keeping fluid in it and mixing coolant and oil together. So I pulled that longblock back out and swapped in a stock b16 longblock and attached the turbo setup to that motor.

Ran great when I had it.

I'm building a 240sx now with a sr20 in it. See how long I like this car. Might go back to playing with Honda's :D