My Altezza, and friends Honda Integra Type R, R32 Skyline, 180sx

Status
Not open for further replies.

SXE-10

Banned
racing_kid_05 said:
i mean if the car show was here with american judges and your competition was from japan or even american cars wit " jdm" conversions built buy japaness tuners?
im not clear by what ur syaing man...
are you saying if there was a car show in america, with american judges, and the cars in the show were all from japan and american modded japanese cars, what would happen?

i would thinkt that the american judges woud think the japanese built show cars were what you call "rice". they would not like them.

if these so called "JDM" styled cars in america entered a car show in japan, the judges would be wondering why the cars look like they are stock. they would be totally un-impressed with a stock looking car

SXE-10

Banned
NOFX said:
Oh yeah, I'm a night person. =)

Anyway, I don't know much about shows (don't go to much) or how exactly they judge, but I'd think that in order to win for JDM that it's not just about stock JDM parts, but also JDM parts like Mugen, Spoon, etc. So if you had a USDM Integra with a JDM sqaure front (I don't just call them JDM fronts because the round lights were available on many trims and years over there too) and a RHD conversion and a parking pole and a bunch of Mugen parts on it you might be more likely to win it over the actual JDM Integra.

Anyway, if there's a stock Skyline in there there's a good chance it would win over a stock JDM Integra just because it's a Skyline and "OMGZ, it's SO fast!" :lol: I don't doubt the Skyline would win most JDM even if it were from Europe. ;) People are misinformed, and many might just assume it must be JDM.

I think JDM DOES exsist, it's just not what *some* people here think it is. Yes, a coin pocket for your 5th gen might be called a JDM part. Why? Because, well, it did come on Japanese market cars. Does it make yoru car JDM? No, I wouldn't say that. Saying a car is JDM is usually just about a certain kind of styling. Calling a car rice is usually the same thing, it doesn't have to be taken literally though. Just like the rice isn't covered with little white grains. ;)
where do i start with this one? LOL
so what if a Honda ITR had all US brand aftermarkets parts. is it a USDM styled Integra? a parking pole is a mod? LOL how could a conversion be more authentic and real than the actual thing?
a Skyline in stock trim is a unimpressive car. i had two and they suck. an R32 and a R33. garbage. overrated. people in the US hype them up only becasue they arent available there. if it was they would be no more popular than a 300zx.

42Steps

Welcome my son....
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You seriously don't read and comprehend anything.... :???:

NOFX said:
I think JDM DOES exsist, it's just not what *some* people here think it is. Yes, a coin pocket for your 5th gen might be called a JDM part. Why? Because, well, it did come on Japanese market cars. Does it make yoru car JDM? No, I wouldn't say that. Saying a car is JDM is usually just about a certain kind of styling. Calling a car rice is usually the same thing, it doesn't have to be taken literally though. Just like the rice isn't covered with little white grains. ;)
The biggest point in her whole post and you completely ignored it....

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
SXE-10 said:
where do i start with this one? LOL
so what if a Honda ITR had all US brand aftermarkets parts. is it a USDM styled Integra? a parking pole is a mod? LOL how could a conversion be more authentic and real than the actual thing?
a Skyline in stock trim is a unimpressive car. i had two and they suck. an R32 and a R33. garbage. overrated. people in the US hype them up only becasue they arent available there. if it was they would be no more popular than a 300zx.
Well, yeah, of course it's a mod on a car that didn't come with one. ;) If Eran were to install a moonroof on his CX hatch, it'd be a mod. His hatch didn't come with one, so it'd be a modification to it.

I just thing that in a show, to win for "Best JDM" it might not be just about being as stock JDM as possible. It might also have to do with what are considered JDM mods (by "JDM" companies such as the ones I listed before).

The biggest contrubuting factor about Skylines in the US is that they are rare to see here. And I agree with you about if they were available here they'd have about as much hype as a 300ZX.

racing_kid

take that sucka!!!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
SXE-10 said:
if these so called "JDM" styled cars in america entered a car show in japan, the judges would be wondering why the cars look like they are stock. they would be totally un-impressed with a stock looking car
^^ :lol:
lol....japaness style is basd on our style(u.s) from back when f&f came out and from before..i believe that they call it spo-com.
there was a big article about it in on of my , i want to say superstreet mags... =)

deftone

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hahaha.. bro you need to hurry up and make an account on www.honda-tech.com and talk to them about rice and jdm styled cars. this s**t is funny, dont drop anything here. this is awsome... someone from japan telling it how it is, but its funny that all the jdm f**kers have never been there. kepp up the good work bro and get home safe

SXE-10

Banned
deftone said:
hahaha.. bro you need to hurry up and make an account on www.honda-tech.com and talk to them about rice and jdm styled cars. this s**t is funny, dont drop anything here. this is awsome... someone from japan telling it how it is, but its funny that all the jdm f**kers have never been there. kepp up the good work bro and get home safe
thanks!! i will see if i can register on there...alot of sites are blocked casue im on a goc computer.

so if a japanese car has a bunch of japanese parts its considered jdm is the general theme im getting here....
so a Honda ITR modded with US brand parts, ie skunk 2, aem, etc is a USDM Integra? :lol: :roll: \

SXE-10

Banned
racing_kid_05 said:
^^ :lol:
lol....japaness style is basd on our style(u.s) from back when f&f came out and from before..i believe that they call it spo-com.
there was a big article about it in on of my , i want to say superstreet mags... =)
so what is your"jdm' style based after? LOL
exactly...its based off nothing. its a figment of the imiganiation on what people thought japanese modded hondas looked like. no one actually was in japan and saw this style of tuning. using japanses brands on ur car dosnt mean your car is JDM. it means is a USDM honda with japanese aftermarket and stock car parts. there is no such thing a jdm "look" LOL

racing_kid

take that sucka!!!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
SXE-10 said:
so what is your"jdm' style based after? LOL
exactly...its based off nothing. its a figment of the imiganiation on what people thought japanese modded hondas looked like. no one actually was in japan and saw this style of tuning. using japanses brands on ur car dosnt mean your car is JDM. it means is a USDM honda with Japanese aftermarket and stock car parts. there is no such thing a jdm "look" LOL
i dont know what JDM is based on, maybe options that us models never came with like molding on bumpers or motors that werent as watered down as US models, subtle diffrences that only a true enthusiast could recognise ect...? i dont realy claim to be JDM . i just like my cars clean and nice no matter what parts i use ,JDM or USDM.... :D

SXE-10

Banned
racing_kid_05 said:
i dont know what JDM is based on, maybe options that us models never came with like molding on bumpers or motors that werent as watered down as US models, subtle diffrences that only a true enthusiast could recognise ect...? i dont realy claim to be JDM . i just like my cars clean and nice no matter what parts i use ,JDM or USDM.... :D
fair enought bro. i can swallow that.
;)

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I think one part is being left out when people usually say they have a JDM Civic or a JDM Integra or a JDM anything. "Styled". It's that they have a "JDM-styled" Civic/Integra/etc. Styled with parts available stock or as factory options on Japanese vehicles or with parts made by "JDM" companies.

A JDM Civic is a Civic from Japan made to be sold in Japan. A JDM *styled* Civic is what I just described above.

I drive a USDM Civic. If I sent my dash cubby, my headlights with orange reflectors, everything to convert a RHD car to LHD, my D16Y8 to someone in Japan or Europe or Austrlia, they still wouldn't have a USDM Civic. they'd have a slow-ass EDM/JDM/AUSM Civic with LHD and a US D16Y8 and US headlights and cubby, etc. :what: For all I know, they might just call that USDM though instead of USDM styled.

Oh, and my car's not JDM, nor will it ever be, nor will it ever be "JDM styled" either. :lol:

SXE-10

Banned
NOFX said:
I think one part is being left out when people usually say they have a JDM Civic or a JDM Integra or a JDM anything. "Styled". It's that they have a "JDM-styled" Civic/Integra/etc. Styled with parts available stock or as factory options on Japanese vehicles or with parts made by "JDM" companies.

A JDM Civic is a Civic from Japan made to be sold in Japan. A JDM *styled* Civic is what I just described above.

I drive a USDM Civic. If I sent my dash cubby, my headlights with orange reflectors, everything to convert a RHD car to LHD, my D16Y8 to someone in Japan or Europe or Austrlia, they still wouldn't have a USDM Civic. they'd have a slow-ass EDM/JDM/AUSM Civic with LHD and a US D16Y8 and US headlights and cubby, etc. :what: For all I know, they might just call that USDM though instead of USDM styled.

Oh, and my car's not JDM, nor will it ever be, nor will it ever be "JDM styled" either. :lol:
I dont think i have ever seen a civic coupe here. weird?

what would happen if i took a japaense RHD civic and added all the options and parts from a USDM civic to it? what would i have?

u maam are up wayyy past ur bed time! what time is it in america? like 522am on the east coast or something?

racing_kid

take that sucka!!!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
do you have any pics of 92-95 hatchbacks japan style? Also have you seen the Usdm 240sx that yoshio factory was building? they where suposed to build a ka24de-t but put in a sr20 for the mean while.

rey rey

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm really kicking my self in the ass for not buying the IS300 I test drove last month..Lexus aprroved me fo the loan $25,000
but when I went ot Honda for a new 06 DX they wanted a co-signer on a freaking $16,000 car.. :what: :what: :what: anyway....................

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
SXE-10 said:
I dont think i have ever seen a civic coupe here. weird?

what would happen if i took a japaense RHD civic and added all the options and parts from a USDM civic to it? what would i have?

u maam are up wayyy past ur bed time! what time is it in america? like 522am on the east coast or something?
There are supposed to be Civic coupes in Japan, but they're rare (at least as far as sixth gens - '96-'00s). They're built here though and shipped back to Japan.

SXE-10

Banned
racing_kid_05 said:
do you have any pics of 92-95 hatchbacks japan style? Also have you seen the Usdm 240sx that yoshio factory was building? they where suposed to build a ka24de-t but put in a sr20 for the mean while.
i could take some when i get back there sure. 90% of hondas are are not modded here. its all about rwd and turbo. no one really hooks up hondas, unless its for track or gymkhana use. the ones that are hooked up are similar to your show cars in the states or what most people refer to as "rice". thats th ebest way i can describe it.

i have seen the yoshio factory silvia. in person actually. im painting my Altezza the exact same color.
i dont like silvias. my very very first car i got here was a S14 silvia with a blacktop SR20Det. fun car, but im more into luxary sedans and coupes

SXE-10

Banned
NOFX said:
There are supposed to be Civic coupes in Japan, but they're rare (at least as far as sixth gens - '96-'00s). They're built here though and shipped back to Japan.
i know there are coupes here, but like u said they are rare. everyone in the world except america, loves hatchbacks.

SXE-10

Banned
rey rey said:
I'm really kicking my self in the ass for not buying the IS300 I test drove last month..Lexus aprroved me fo the loan $25,000
but when I went ot Honda for a new 06 DX they wanted a co-signer on a freaking $16,000 car.. :what: :what: :what: anyway....................
you shoulda got it man. fun classy car to build and modify.

im selling my Altezza in the fall for about what u got approved for. it will be 100% street legal. RHD, etc. more than likely it will be registered in NJ. PM me if your iontrested

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
SXE-10 said:
i know there are coupes here, but like u said they are rare. everyone in the world except america, loves hatchbacks.
Actually, I've found most people here like hatches (as far as Civic enthusiasts). On the east coast I used to see a lot of coupes, but few Hondas (or any imported cars at all) were modded. Here on the west coast I've seen a lot more hatches, and more cars are modified too.

Status
Not open for further replies.