Not open for further replies.

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
SXE-10 said:
i didnt say all i said most. the way you guys mod cars in the US claiming to mimic how the japanese do is false. they never modded their cars like that.
We don't care how the Japanese mod thier car's. That's not JDM. Japanese Domestic Market.... not Japanese Aftermarket.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
SXE-10 said:
i wonder why they get rid of them? casue they suck maybe? and aftermarket parts are better?
just a thought

the bottom line is this. there is no JDM style. you have a US market civic with japanese parts on it. big whoop. the car will never be "JDM". it wil never look like a "JDM" civic. it will never "look like how hondas are modded here". if i take my "JDM" altezza and add all US brand products to it is it a USDM Altezza? of course not. its a japanese car with us parts on it.
Actually, a lot of aftermarket parts are of shoddy quality.

I know I am not, and have never, though about making my car JDM. But as far as your definition of JDM (modifying a car in the way that many people in Japan modify their cars), that is completely within our grasp. You don't understand that JDM is exactly how Eran defined it. It is mainly factory parts from Japan, which we buy. All it is is us exposing ourselves to more factory options. And what's so wrong with that? i've never seen anyone else tell me that when you go in and purchase *insert new car here* that it'd be ghey to add on factory options. :what:

Now, thinking you have a JDM chassised vehicle when you'll never have that. You might as well try to make a Cavalier a Viper. And yes, they are that different imo. Most of us over here and on this site have USDM chassised vehicles. You can't change that unless you melt it down and remold it and set it up to be for sale in Japan from Honda.

SXE-10 said:
function over form? what function over form is a power folding mirrior? or an amber clock? or a ferio badge? or color matched side moldings? come on
Power folding mirrors = I just like how they look, but they do allow you to get through small spaces a bit more safely.

Amber clock = Like we've said... we have our clock on our factory radio. Swap that out and you might not even HAVE A CLOCK. So yeah... having a clock in your car might be something you like. So it's very functional (and yes, it's stuill functional if you tell me to get a watch instead - as I said, I don't wear watches and often they are more expensive than the clocks we buy).

Ferio badges = Whoever said these were functional anyway? If someone enjoys calling their sedan (or even their coupe or hatch!) a ferio... then it's functional to them. It functions in making them happy. That is it's function and it works for them.

Color-matched side moldings = we already have these on (for 6th gens -) EXs and Sis and even some LXs I think... So that's a void arguement because most people either paint their stock ones or get them from EXs or Sis I'd imagine. I wouldn't know from experience - mine came from the factory with factory side moldings. I did add Si sideskirts because I didn't like my black ABS sideskirts. They function just fine for me, thanks.

Now go remove those blue bulbs from your city light sockets and put the stock ones back in. The blue isn't anymore functional than the stock ones.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
this thread is WAY off topic..

closed..

Status
Not open for further replies.