My first civic!

MatteCivic

Hey guys! New to ClubCivic and just bought a 96 EJ6 for my 18th birthday. Got it for only 1850 with perfect ac and meticulous upkeep on the engine. Also has a sick flat black paint job. I took the subs from my old Accord and installed them yesterday.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
There you go! Welcome to the site.

:welcome:

You should look into mounting the amp to the box or screwing it down. I had mine loose like that and eventually the wires got knocked around and I had to fix it.

Car looks damn good for 1850 though! Enjoy it

my93civic

I like the flat black too but you need to murder out those headlights

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
...You should look into mounting the amp to the box or screwing it down...
Mounting amps to sub boxes is a good way to give thieves an all in one package. Just cut the wires, grab the whole shabang, and walk away. Ask me how I know.

I definitely agree that the amp should be secured. So should the box. Plus it looks terrible when wires are everywhere like that. Its also a hazard.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Mounting amps to sub boxes is a good way to give thieves an all in one package. Just cut the wires, grab the whole shabang, and walk away. Ask me how I know.

I definitely agree that the amp should be secured. So should the box. Plus it looks terrible when wires are everywhere like that. Its also a hazard.

Ouch. :/

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
:welcome:, looks good!

Any future plans?

MatteCivic

Thanks guys! Yeah, the amp wiring job is shitty, it just installed it stereo and everything in an hour so i could go out that night. My future plans include Turboing (is that even a word??) the engine with the extensive help of the forum D-series. Looks wise i want to install JDM "style" headlights with the black housing, definitely replace the trunk lid with an Acura EL because i think the taillights on the stock civic sedan are just too small and round. I have pics included as always!

The first is the picture of the taillight conversion, the second are the wheels I want. Also my plans are to sell the amp and buy a nicer one and install it to the back of my seat

Caleb.N

Im from South Africa, We dont have Acuras here, I think the stock tail lights are much better than the Acura El tail lights , maybe thats coz im not used to the acura tail lights, but from what I have seen im not a fan at all.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Welcome aboard! It does seem to be quite a nicely clean Civic. All I see wrong on the exterior are that dent on the rear corner, the other on the drivers side fender towards the pillar, and some misalignment at the front bumper. Those are very reasonable issues for the selling price. Is it a properly done matte black paint job or a "rattle can" type flat black that feels a bit rough upon touch? Any plans on rims yet?