My full import JDM EF9 SiR:

Setanta

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hi there, I'm new to these forums but here's a few pics of my private import JDM EF9.
I've had it for over 3 years now after it was imported from Japan and have put 80,000+ of its 260,000 kms on the original B16A. The car is running EK4 (EK VTiR/SiR) 15 inch wheels as well as Jamex progressive rate suspension, custom reusable (FinerFilter) filter insert and Spoon strut brace of an EF8 front-cut. On the dyno, the car is still making stock power with 82.6KW @ the front wheels and it doesn't use oil or anything else which says something for the engine build and regular servicing. Other than those few mods, it's exactly as it left Honda's showroom in 1990, right down to the full climate control.

If you have seen me post these on another forum, feel free to groan at the pimping and move on ;)

Cheers
Pete

Setanta

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Interior shots - they are a bit old, I really have to take some new ones I guess :roll:

Setanta

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Original VIN - it's no longer used as cars are issued with new ones once they are imported:

Yes, I know the polycarbonate headlights look green, yes I know they can be polished, yes, I do polish them.... ;)

Oh and yes, the white "H" isn't factory - but until I can get the bonnet welded up and resprayed after some little so and so ripped it to pieces getting the original "H" off, it stays like that :oops:

The "SiR" badge is an aftermarket one from Japan, it was on the car when it came into the country but should actually have the "Si" in red and the "R" in grey. I have a factory replacement coming in soon =) I managed to replace the missing passenger "DOHC/VTEC/Programmed Fuel Injection" sticker two years ago from Honda Japan - but they were the last ones available I understand.

Recommendations on owning an SiR outside of Japan? Don't! It's a pain to get parts for as there are so many differences between the domestic EDs and the EF9s. I scrounge front-cuts that friends use in conversions for parts all the time.

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Vurry nice! I like the "Auto Aircon" controls...never seen that before

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
hey... nice true JDM.

Liz

c=}:::::::>
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sweet ride! I like it alot...

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Truly sweet bro.....

gta

Faded Red Hatch
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
are you following me :mrgreen: hello again Pete. welcome to CC.

child_racer

Jspek kid
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you have what tha majority of CC members wanna build, "A STOCK JDM CAR" haha.....yours is in great condition which is hella respectable because a lot of folks trash their new rides. :thumbs up

DirtyD

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
very nice. I wish I had a RHD car :D

civic16valver

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
very nice Pete, good to see a mint 4th gen =) , mmmmmm i love those rims on the 4th gen too , suit it perfectly, cant wait till i get mine =) , does the VT have the same centre console??? seems different to the one in my 1.6i-16

EluSive2K

OG Club Civic DJ!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Damn, thats pretty sick yo!! I like it, good job at keepin your JDM ride true and clean. And welcome to CC!!

Setanta

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hiya Jim, I think the consoles are different - one has a scoop in it and mine has the square cut out for double din stereos. Both were an option on the SiR. =)

Grand141

Juicy
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
This is my Question 2 u ... how the fuk did u get it over here with out having to swap out the motor i ran it thre the shippin customez for automobils and they said i have to chng the motor .... bcuz i wanted to bring one over from this one friend i have over there

gta

Faded Red Hatch
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Grand141 said:
This is my Question 2 u ... how the fuk did u get it over here with out having to swap out the motor i ran it thre the shippin customez for automobils and they said i have to chng the motor .... bcuz i wanted to bring one over from this one friend i have over there
he lives in Sydney Australia so he didnt have to deal with bringing it into the states. they import a lot of JDM cars into Australia from what i've heard.