MY NEW CAR!!! (pics!)

dissonantspiral

Car audio god.
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I finally got some pictures of my new baby! Here's the vitals!

-2000 Honda Civic LX Sedan
-40,000 miles
-ALL service and maintenance (including oil changes) done at DEALERSHIP
-One owner car
-Perfect exterior condition
-Perfect interior condition
-Perfect mechanical condition

Currently the system consists of an old Sony ES deck (from before Xplod), Kenwood eXcelon 6.5" coaxials up front, Focal 6x9s in the rear, Kenwood amp running a JL 12w3v2 at 350w RMS @ 4 ohms in a custom built box that I made. All install was done by me the day I bought it.

My plans at the moment are to have wheels, camber kits and eibach pro-kit springs on by summer. GSR engine swap after that, followed by tokico illumina struts, strut tower bar up front, sway bar front and rear, then I will return to audio for a complete new system consisting of ONLY Eclipse products. After that, who knows? Bodykit? Custom turbo setup?

This car needs to be first and foremost a reliable daily driver. During the summer it might see some time at the Autocross meets if I can get time off of work, as well as the drag strip if possible.

The stock d16y7 will remain completely stock until it is pulled out.

leon

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sweet!

x007den

New User
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
oh yeah, 4 door!! anyways can't wait to see your mods.

dissonantspiral

Car audio god.
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Oh yeah, and here is a pic of a box that I built yesterday for my friend. It is built to fit around the wheel well arches inside the back of his Mercury Moutaineer. It is made for 2 10" Rockford HE's... I personally hate Rockford, but he has a beefy amp pushing them, and they bump pretty good... the amp is 650w RMS @ 2 ohms @ 13.6v (tested by me).

dissonantspiral

Car audio god.
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
THe car will be receiving a GSR motor, and GSR brakes, full autocross suspension, full Eclipse audio... my timeline for all my mods is about two years to get the car where I want it.

I am paying for EVERYTHING about this car myself. I am also paying for college and all of my living expenses (I was legally disowned by my parents and kicked out of their house... these pics were taken at a friend's house).

spursfan

4LOOKS
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what kinda camera did you use?
those are nice pics.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nice. Anxious to see what you do with it.

dissonantspiral

Car audio god.
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I use a Toshiba PDR-3300.... 3.2megapixel... full manual control or auto mode, 256mb memory... it's badass... only cost me 200 bucks for a factory reconditioned one on ebay... I would recommend this camera to anyone who wants a digital with manual (SLR style) controls... it's nice for my art and photography classes being able to control the aperture and exposure time....

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
looking VERY nice ... you should consider DIY black housing the headlights if you get time to do it, i plan to do this on my accord.

Also i say drop and take the caps off and forget about the wheels till after the swap and all the other s**t you want to do.

angelcandy

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Looks very nice..pretty damn clean too..i can never keep my black car clean like that..takes bout a day to look like s**t again!

Mr. Lin

Admiral Ackbar
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
OoOoHh, I like it. Keep us posted on the mods.

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by CivicGurl99
Looks very nice..pretty damn clean too..i can never keep my black car clean like that..takes bout a day to look like s**t again!
you aint the only one ... every time i wash my accord it either rains or the birds get it, and black cars look like s**t after they get driven in the rain, my civic id wash like every 2 or 3 weeks and it was fine.

NineNineCivic

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I think someone lied to you when they told you it was a 2000. Taillights are off 96-98, along with the chrome grille. Definitely not a 2000. Sorry, check the door jambs or registration to see what year it is.

And no one else caught that?

dissonantspiral

Car audio god.
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It is a 2000... notice the bumper has the narrower center grille and the side inlets... the taillights are of the 2000 variety... get YOUR facts straight. I'll give you the VIN if you want to look it up yourself.

Don't you think that the reason nobody "caught that" was because it really is a 2000? What a CONCEPT!

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
werd

THIS is what a 96-98 looks like

those are aftermarket tails, the clear is amber on the outsides on the stock ones.

dissonantspiral

Car audio god.
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

98 front end.... no side grilles on bumper.... the grille isn't as wide... slightly different headlight shape... different stock wheelcovers....

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i think nineninecivic has been officialy owned

NineNineCivic

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Those are not 2000 taillights. 99-00 ones aren't as big. And you could always switch front ends. Post the CarFax, then I'll believe it's a 2000. And you can always change hubcaps.