krayziejcs

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nice gift

cujo613

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
:shock: wow I hope you plan on professional install on that screen that that my friend looks like s**t. Thats a nice gift to go piss it away :roll:

J32a2OwnsU

Resident Old Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you would think with how many times the word STEREO is on his packaging he could have spelled it the right way....lol

Nice pick up I love the HU....

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
......... who the f**k installed that thing?

96greencivic

#1 in the Atlantic!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Glad you got some new stuff, but there is something said about having a clean install.

buff4lo

:K:
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
snoopy316 said:
:shock: wow I hope you plan on professional install on that screen that that my friend looks like s**t. Thats a nice gift to go piss it away :roll:
my brother has been puting sterios in for like 3 years it is just the extra wire he put it the glovebox

cujo613

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
That is not extra wire, that is the entire brain unit with harnesses, and data cord. If your brother did that, thank him for being the coolest brother on the planet for getting that stuff for you and trying to install it.
And without insult take that to a professional and have him install it correctly. I have been installing and selling for 10 years, and that install is going to end up being a long list of issues in the future.
taking it to a shop will cost you about $150.00, but trust me, in the long run it is good money spent.

96greencivic

#1 in the Atlantic!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
snoopy316 said:
That is not extra wire, that is the entire brain unit with harnesses, and data cord. If your brother did that, thank him for being the coolest brother on the planet for getting that stuff for you and trying to install it.
And without insult take that to a professional and have him install it correctly. I have been installing and selling for 10 years, and that install is going to end up being a long list of issues in the future.
taking it to a shop will cost you about $150.00, but trust me, in the long run it is good money spent.
Ditto on all that. A clean install will make the gift look 1000X's better and you'll be happier in the long run.

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I think most of us agree.... I mean, it's cool that he got you that stuff...

but my goodness, do I know more than anyone that shitty wiring leads to issues at some point. It would be easier to rip it all out & make the wiring clean and "pretty" than to have to repair the small issues that will rise one after another.

I'm not being mean, just a tip. ;)

Oh, and that would be REALLY easy to steal... FYI. ;)

SweetEBPSi

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nice gift. Needs a little more install work though. One question, for anyone. Having a flip-up screen like that, will the ac/heat vents do anything to the screen other than block the air flow?

cujo613

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
it will do nothing to the screen.Have had multiple different screens in our civic and never once has the heater damaged the screen.
old wives tale

EBPimpSi

CCCC member #76
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nice equipment, but i agree with the install. at least try to hide it somwhere safe and sound.

96greencivic

#1 in the Atlantic!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You should power your detector a different way rather then running the wire through your front panel. At least that is where I think I saw your cord. Mount your detector behind the review mirror and run the wire through the headliner, into the driver A pillar and down to your fuse box or other power source. You can get the wire through cobra.com. It' be a lot cleaner looking IMO.

ST8JDM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you need to thx your bro

hide all the wires its like wen your about fk a grl and you take the pants off and you find crabs jumping around is not kool at all you can put it behind the e-brake not to hard

are those any good not to bad for 800 $$ how is the picture ??

GTIUNIT

very yes...
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if my brother bought that screen i would punch him in the head. that crap is so cheap. that is probally one of the worst installs i've ever seen.