My project

connies96hatchie

Reinvent Your Shell!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Oh yeah. Master bath is first on the list then not sure from there. I would love to knock out the wall but i think its weight bearing. Plus I can't put a counter and such under the window because its so low so that would get interesting... Thanks Connie
No problem man. It's a big investment. Good luck with it. I've personally watched WAYYYYYYY too much of HGTV and DIY network on houses. My best suggestion is to upgrade with a budget and save $5k up incase if you go over budget. Wood floors, renovated kitchens, lots of storage and closets, and spacious baths are major selling points of a home. If something comes up and you have to sell that house quickly, you want to make sure you get that investment back. Make sure you do it right the first time and get it apraised.

Most first time home buyers fall into traps set up by real estate agents suggestions and advise just to sell the house. It happened to my parents 8 years ago through Centry 21 and had to back out of buying the house the day of the closing because of intersecting waterlines from other properties linked to the house they wanted to buy connected to the same well on the property. So after two lawsuits to try to get their money back from the contract, they gave up. The judge on the first case lived on the property behind the house and didn't know it was connected. He dropped the case. The original owner of the house moved two blocks up the mountain and was a state trooper who was the grandson of the second judge on the case. The only way to have a fair case was taking the case to superior court which is just f**king stupid and would cost more than the money they wanted back from the contract.

My parents finally bought a house last month that was a short sale through Remax. It lasted for 10 months. They were asking $176,500. My parents wanted to put in a offer at $152k plus closing cost. The real estate agent told them no, to put in $158k for the offer or they wouldn't accept it. So they did. The bank apraised the house at $154k before accepting the offer and they wouldn't pay the closing cost. My mother did most of the foot work herself for finding out every little detail about the house. Hell she found the house online and the agent was just a third party interfering the whole time. Once again there was more water issues with this house as well but not as minor. The company paid to fix those problems at least. The real estate agent screwed them out of $4k and closing cost. f**king ugly old b***h. God already took care of her since she had lung cancer. On a happy note, my parents love the house. As well as me and my husband if we ever have to inherit it. Painting 8 rooms for them was no easy task when we helped them move in.

connies96hatchie

Reinvent Your Shell!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I just looked at the pictures again and realized you have to take down wallpaper. I feel your pain.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU WALL PAPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Word to the wise... NEVER PUT UP WALLPAPER OR BOARDERS IN YOUR HOMES! It is a god damn b***h to get off. :x

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Yeah. I watch to much Holmes on Homes myself. I already wanna rip s**t out and redo it the way he would with the spray foam. I know for sure hardwood will be going in before I more so that is a plus. I plan to reno the stuff where I will get the most money back first then work on the other s**t down the road. My dad has some great tools for taking wall paper off and if its anything like the cloth in the basement its gonna be a joke and a half. Your daughter could probably take it down.

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
im selling my house in 5 years to move to the flordia keys im thinking.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
What really grinds my gears is when a thread has SOOOO many pictures in the first post that it takes forever to load......

....oh wait wrong thread....

connies96hatchie

Reinvent Your Shell!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah. I watch to much Holmes on Homes myself. I already wanna rip s**t out and redo it the way he would with the spray foam. I know for sure hardwood will be going in before I more so that is a plus. I plan to reno the stuff where I will get the most money back first then work on the other s**t down the road. My dad has some great tools for taking wall paper off and if its anything like the cloth in the basement its gonna be a joke and a half. Your daughter could probably take it down.
You know me so well. LOL! Angelina just wanted to paint.

Dan's house turned out pretty damn good.

I bought all that gel crap, scorcher, scrapers and still couldn't get the border off in the guest bedroom. I tried peeling the first layer of the paper which turned into shredds. The steamer didn't help much. Finally I just gave in and soaked the crap out of it with warm water and goo gone on just one wall. 10 minutes later it came off like nothing. I gotta go back in August, finish the room off and paint.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
My dad has a scoring roller thing that fits in your palm then you wipe it down with water and a solution and wit works pretty well. Hopefully I don't have any major issues.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Didn't do much on the house. Got some wires run to put up electric for outlets to run the garage door openers and bought some wood to redo the trim around the doors. That's about it. This week I need to get some doors so we can put them up over the weekend.

I am also now the owner of a 5 person hot tub. Just needs a new cover and some jet covers. Got a ton of chemicals for free too. No pics yet. I will get some this week when I am at the house.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
lol. i don't have any appliances for anything to have ppl over. Nor would I want to be anywhere near that floor right now. Now after it get replaced that's a new story. I may have to do something.

connies96hatchie

Reinvent Your Shell!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Cmon. I know you are the adventurious type. We can camp out in the backyard! Set up a big fire pit, some tents, and grill out. You guys can all pee on the fence. Only I will be running in the house to use the restroom. LOL!

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
That's all the house is good for right now. And the one bathroom is clean. That's bout it. I have the fire pit and wood already. Just need to get get it all cleaned up. Hopefully in the next week or two.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
it wont be hooked up. I need to get a concrete pad laid first. Plus it needs electric to operate. :lol:

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
1700 square feet, and still no counter room in the kitchen, dear god, lol.

though looks like a great base to improve on, and is a nice purchase otherwise.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
1700 square feet, and still no counter room in the kitchen, dear god, lol.

though looks like a great base to improve on, and is a nice purchase otherwise.
Yeah. That part really sucks and if I want to extend it I need to move a window... other than that its a decent starter home for just me.

tom12

Awesome,stunning,mind blowing,marvelous,fabulous.what else i should say.I can't explain in words how beautiful your work is.