My real RHD eg6 build

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Well I really haven't had time to work on my car recently. But there will be some body progress soon. The quarter glasses will be cut out tomorrow... Then I can get the body ready, and finish blocking the primer and get her ready to jam out and paint. I've got a $750 order from ICB that I have to buy and a $500 order I have to get from Honda. Maybe next paycheck. I only NEED a few pieces from each place that actually need paint but might as well just not go back and pay redundant shipping. Hopefully I have something to show soon.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well I really haven't had time to work on my car recently. But there will be some body progress soon. The quarter glasses will be cut out tomorrow... Then I can get the body ready, and finish blocking the primer and get her ready to jam out and paint. I've got a $750 order from ICB that I have to buy and a $500 order I have to get from Honda. Maybe next paycheck. I only NEED a few pieces from each place that actually need paint but might as well just not go back and pay redundant shipping. Hopefully I have something to show soon.
:word:

:thumbs up for perseverance.

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Yeah patience is a must when diving into such a deep build. So many angles that aren't seen, but still the extra 20 miles were taken to make sure it is perfect. Because if it's not it it would bother the crap out of the person that matters the most...Me lol.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah patience is a must when diving into such a deep build. So many angles that aren't seen, but still the extra 20 miles were taken to make sure it is perfect. Because if it's not it it would bother the crap out of the person that matters the most...Me lol.
And that's the most respectable aspect of this build to me. My budget is so low that it would take me years to do a build at this level. But I'll get there one day. For now I'll just read your build thread with my jaw dropped. lol

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Well I had the rear windows cut out today. I don't really like cutting out windows. I've cut them out of a hatch before and it's pretty easy considering I could just cut off the moldings and cut it from the outside but $40 to do nothing and keep on working is a pretty good deal in my eyes.Here are a couple of pics. I hope I can finish this thing before I have to go to Africa.

Now I can get it all masked up and start blocking for real.

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Also I cut the boxed end of the frame rails off so I can drill the holes for the bumper reinforcement. I'll get pics of the install this weekend..

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Also I cut the boxed end of the frame rails off so I can drill the holes for the bumper reinforcement. I'll get pics of the install this weekend..
You should just drop everything and come to GA to help someone you've never met with his body work. Because you're that kinda guy... lol

Jk.

But tuned in for pics :D

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nice build so far :thumbs up. I like the attention to detail, mainly the body work.

Like everyone else, can't wait to see this thing painted!

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
You should just drop everything and come to GA to help someone you've never met with his body work. Because you're that kinda guy... lol

Jk.

But tuned in for pics :D
I will probably work on my car tomorrow. But today I had to wake up early and go help my brother get his car tuned. It is a Vortech supercharged b18c gsr engine. It made 314 and 205 at just a little over 10 psi. It's pretty fun.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I will probably work on my car tomorrow. But today I had to wake up early and go help my brother get his car tuned. It is a Vortech supercharged b18c gsr engine. It made 314 and 205 at just a little over 10 psi. It's pretty fun.
stock internals? i was looking into those superchargers. cant decide what i want anymore

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Well I ordered a pretty good bit of stuff from ICB. You'll have to wait to see what though.

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Well here is a little progress I've made as of late. I ordered a few things from ICB motorsport. I only received a partial amount of the stuff I ordered so the cooler of the stuff is still out there. I have only worked on my car for a few days since the last update.

I cut out the quarter glasses

I decided to refurbish the wiper motor and parts. I haven't done it yet, just reference pic b/c it's ugly.

Setup for the Saturday.

I put a rear impact beam on the rear. I had to cut the boxed ends of the rails and drill holes for the bolts since they also don't have them either...

I removed all the interior and the sunroof.

Tail gate all torn down.

I bought new body side moldings.

Started some of the masking.

I took the windshield out. I had it 3/4 of the way out when I hit a piece of metal which made my cable snag and put a bur in the wire. I saw it and was going to pull it out and fix it. Turns out it instantly popped the glass. Really crappy since a used one is $350 before shipping. Oh well I don't need it until the very end after I buff it and everything. But I was glad to have it off and get all the old urethane off and found some rust which is believable for a car of it's age and especially a place where water would sit. I'm glad to fix it since it's not rusted through.

Until next time...

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
As clean as this car is, im glad for you that you found that rust spot. This thing deserves nothing less than total freshness!

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Well some of my ICB order arrived. At least some of it. The J's rear tow hook is on back order and I have the wrong SiR badge for the third time. The owner tells me he can only get the gun metal ones now so I guess I'll get a gun metal "civic" emblem. Here's what showed up today.
J's racing front tow hook(rear is ordered but like stated on back order)

SiR emblem and gas tank badge

ITR shift boot

H4H bulbs since they are different from the ones here

Brand new OEM Eg side markers since the ones in the car suck.

I need to get some more stuff soon. More pics in the near future. Thanks for looking.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My favorite corner lenses for an eg/eh hatch for sure!

Looking good as always!