Need help asap!!!!! 1-30-2012

Hondacivic19

Civic Restore
Hi, my name is Jacob and I own a 1998 Honda Civic Dx.
My question is that I had manual rolling windows, but due to an accident, I bought Si doors with automatic windows. Now, I want them hooked up, and I'm wondering if anyone else has ever done this because I'm running a hotwire from the door switches to my battery. Can anyone help explain what I will need to do properly before I screw everything up.
I'm a smoker and I'm leaving for TN in a few weeks, I can't drive 8 hours w/o a cigarette!

Hondacivic19

Civic Restore
Can I just run a hotwire from the switches to the plug-in to the battery?

95CTR

52mpg? I do it all day.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i would say to find a wireing diagram for your trim level and the one that the doors came from and wire them properly, and in the meantime for the ghetto rigging, make sure that its atleast fuesd so that you dont burn out any window components

Mysteryemotionz

Registered VIP
The way the power windows work is as followed. 12v power n ground when switch pressed. Depending on witch way you press the switch ( to go up or down ) determines what wire is grownd n what wire is 12v.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk

Butterz

If you run it right to your battery it might drain due to the power windows always being active.

I would run to the fuse panel. There's a spot in there for it, all you would need to do is run the wire and plug in a fuse. Follow one of the guides above. No fuse is always a fire hazard as well, ie. why it's called a 'hot wire'.

kozy6871

You can just stop every couple of hours like I do. I'm a smoke, but I don't smoke in the car. I recently drove across the country from Indiana to Arizona. I just stopped at rest areas and took a smoke break after putting gas in the car. If you put your mind to it, you could go 8 hours without a smoke, but you'll NEVER go 8 hours without having to pee, HA!