need help how much hp

bcivic94

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
whats wrong with 4doors boy would like to see you get raped by one. and as for the 1.5 its not completely worthless just frowned apon by most people that all .

StanghaterCivic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nothing is wrong with 4 door i like them.......i was just sayin ur doin all this to a 4 door to see if thats wat he was s/c

MidNightCivicLX

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea im doin this to a 4 door becuz i couldnt find the other car i wanted( 99-00 civic si ), im still thinkin about doin that stuff if i dont i will probably throw in a turbocharged h22a-s complete engine swap w/tranny

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
MidNightCivicLX said:
i did do my research i am getting a cam its a crower stock improvment one i choose to get a supercharger becuz im not riskin blowing the engine becuz i really dont have enough money to re-do the internals and all that..
a d16y8 can be obtained for under $400

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
MidNightCivicLX said:
i did do my research i am getting a cam its a crower stock improvment one i choose to get a supercharger becuz im not riskin blowing the engine becuz i really dont have enough money to re-do the internals and all that..
risking just as much
also why the high volume fuel rail and no injectors, fuel pump doesn't make much sense

anekin007

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
supercharging a non-vtec motor? does jrsc even make a sc for a non-vtec sohc? with all the parts you listed and some good tuning.. you would be lucky to get 160whp...with all those mods..now you can hang with a gsr with basic bolt ons..haha..with all the money spent for the SC and parts, it is the same price as a swap and your getting almost the same power..

CoxhEd

WtF is A "CoxhEd"?
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
civic_tuner_182 said:
dont crack on d series motors...i know of a few d series motors that will blow any b series outta the water...but it is kinda pointless to build a 1.5 non-vtec motor
I'm not "cracking" on the d series, I have a D16Y8. Boosting is so much better than supercharging it though.

MidNightCivicLX

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ok so if i get a swap instead what kind should i get for the most hp ? money is not a problem...i was think along the lines of a H22A swap but post what u think i should go with.. also do u think when i get a swap should do stuff to it or leave it alone?? i dont under stand what kind of exhaust to buy if i did that do i buy it for the LX or the Lude ?? thanx alot for all ur help and time

97civicracer

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i was thinking something....not along the lines of an h22.....get a gsr motor...you'll be glad you did...if money isn't a problem....and also...if you wanted a 99-00 si...why not just get a 99-00 coupe and drop a gsr in it...faster than a si any day

MidNightCivicLX

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
because i already have the 97 Civic Lx Sedan So far I put rims,yokohama parada spec 2 tires, and it cam with a weapon r intake and a ractive muffler but im takin both off, theres a couple questions i have to ask... wouldnt the h22a get me more hp ?.. and will the gsr motor fit perfectly and will aftermarket parts fit on it in my civic ?..do i do a complete swap with the tranny ?....my biggest question how do i get an exhaust to fit the motor and the car with a swap ??

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
MidNightCivicLX said:
because i already have the 97 Civic Lx Sedan So far I put rims,yokohama parada spec 2 tires, and it cam with a weapon r intake and a ractive muffler but im takin both off, theres a couple questions i have to ask... wouldnt the h22a get me more hp ?.. and will the gsr motor fit perfectly and will aftermarket parts fit on it in my civic ?..do i do a complete swap with the tranny ?....my biggest question how do i get an exhaust to fit the motor and the car with a swap ??
Yes a H22 would make more horsepower and torque, but it weights more. some people complain because it gives the civic too much understeer

the GSR is a bolt on, you might want to pick up some good motor mounts. Some aftermarket parts will fit perfectly but others, such as a turbo kit designed to go into an integra, might not.

Yes you swap in the tranny, but you'll also need other parts such as- Axles, Shift Linkage, Stock Motor Mounts, Alternator, Starter, Clutch, Flywheel, and some other random parts

well, your last question is the easiest. the engine will come with a exhaust manifold. you just bolt on the exhaust you want. wow

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
MidNightCivicLX said:
ok so if i get a swap instead what kind should i get for the most hp ? money is not a problem...i was think along the lines of a H22A swap but post what u think i should go with.. also do u think when i get a swap should do stuff to it or leave it alone?? i dont under stand what kind of exhaust to buy if i did that do i buy it for the LX or the Lude ?? thanx alot for all ur help and time
money not an issue... get a RSX Type R engine and get it resleeved. upgrade the rods, pistons, crankshaft, port and polish the head, oversized valves, do everything imaginable. Then buy a big ass turbo with a huge intercooler and the usual turbo stuff. undergo a couple weight reduction processes. replace the entire car body with fiberglass. tear out everything that doesn't have a purpose. So you'd have a bunch of gauges and a tach (no speedometer though) one bare metal racing seat with 5 point harness, no dash, a 5 gallon fuel cell, rollcage, . OH yeah can't forget the racing exhaust 3 inch that comes out right before the front tire. drag slicks. And don't forget all of the stickers.

or if money isn't a problem buy a supra or a skyline or a enzo or a mclarren F1, or hell buy them all

MidNightCivicLX

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
im not big with motor swaps but i have 2 last questions about it can i put diff headers on like ones that fit the teg engine?? and also can i just put the gsr engine in with my stock tranny thanx

ner0x

SOHC MY DOHC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
CoxhEd said:
Please do not Supercharge your D series.
please do not do anything to your d-series.. lol wait for a swap !

civicracing98

im a cc whore :/
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
itsmycookie said:
money not an issue... get a RSX Type R engine and get it resleeved. upgrade the rods, pistons, crankshaft, port and polish the head, oversized valves, do everything imaginable. Then buy a big ass turbo with a huge intercooler and the usual turbo stuff. undergo a couple weight reduction processes. replace the entire car body with fiberglass. tear out everything that doesn't have a purpose. So you'd have a bunch of gauges and a tach (no speedometer though) one bare metal racing seat with 5 point harness, no dash, a 5 gallon fuel cell, rollcage, . OH yeah can't forget the racing exhaust 3 inch that comes out right before the front tire. drag slicks. And don't forget all of the stickers.

or if money isn't a problem buy a supra or a skyline or a enzo or a mclarren F1, or hell buy them all
resleeved? i thought the stock block wasnt sleeved at all?

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
MidNightCivicLX said:
im not big with motor swaps but i have 2 last questions about it can i put diff headers on like ones that fit the teg engine?? and also can i just put the gsr engine in with my stock tranny thanx
yeah there are many headers that will fit the GSR block
why would you want to run a LX tranny to a GSR engine?...

MidNightCivicLX

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
becuz i was wondering if it could work so i could save money and have more for bolt-ons i know i said money is not a prob but if i can save i will....i cant wait to take my car down the ave (the big cruising spot mostly street races).. cuz i wanna beat a mustang just to show all those muscle car ppl that hondas can smoke them...

splack

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Wtf

Ok, listen up ppl, i Have a 1997 Honda Civic 4dr LX Auto.

now i've been wanting to supercharge my d series with the jackson racing s/c. now on the jrsc site, its 2295.00 hmmm and a turbo from summit is 3300, and since i have a 4cyl and i want my hp to be when i take off and not top speed. i'm going with the s/c.

now my reason for not wanting the turbo is my hp won't kick in until i get to like 4000rpm. And i'm going to have atleast a 50-100 shot of nitrious so that will take care of my top end. plus the jrsc is a 40% increase in hp, now if you put a different pulley on the s/c you can easily get 10-12 psi out of it. and thats way more than 40%.

so right now with my cold air intake i have about what 115 hp? not sure.
now with 10-12 psi will say thats a 60%increase in hp, so 115 with a 60% is 184hp now what doesn't sound that bad to me?