Need help

cassie.xO

About 3 months ago, i bought a 1995 Civic from craigslist. Now that i've had it for a while, now it started to give me problems....engine blew, rod shot right through the block, so i wanted to know if that was the original motor or not, because i have not beaten on that thing once...im thinking the lady that sold it to me swapped it with a junkyard motor without telling me...somebody please help :\
Vin:
2HGEJ2226SH533564
& the code on the engine:
D15B7

Vurt

What model is it? (Ex,Lx,Si,DX,) Etc..

Edit: saw your picture

EG1 D15B7 USDM 1993-1995 del Sol S (SOHC)
So im guessing its a del sol motor in your civic ex..?

not too sure though im a noob

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What model is it? (Ex,Lx,Si,DX,) Etc..

Edit: saw your picture

EG1 D15B7 USDM 1993-1995 del Sol S (SOHC)
So im guessing its a del sol motor in your civic ex..?

not too sure though im a noob
D15B7 was also in the 4 door LX/DX models.

Motor is stock for that car, but it is possible that one of the same engine code was dropped back in at some time.

BTW, OP has an EJ2 which is a DX.

cassie.xO

It's a DX. Is there anyway for me to figure out if that's the original motor or not? Because when the car was sold to me with 60,000 miles on it. I got so screwed over. If it really had that many miles on it, the engine would not have blown. I'm suing the lady but i need proof that that's not the original motor. It's bull.

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Not sure if you can really tell that by the number, but u could try pulling up a carfax report to see if it anything suspicious shows up. You could also take it to a mechanic or someone and have them check it out.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Because when the car was sold to me with 60,000 miles on it. I got so screwed over. If it really had that many miles on it, the engine would not have blown.
Don't be so sure. Anything is possible and if she didn't take care of it... I have seen new Audi's with less than 30,000 miles come to our shop with blown motors because of oil starvation and or neglect.

cassie.xO said:
I'm suing the lady but i need proof that that's not the original motor. It's bull.
Suing for what? A used car is sold AS IS. Unless she rolled the odometer back or totaled the vehicle then fudged paperwork to sneak it through the reports, I don't see your case.

I would bet a very good guess that the motor is original.

got traction

i rock the sohc
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It's a DX. Is there anyway for me to figure out if that's the original motor or not? Because when the car was sold to me with 60,000 miles on it. I got so screwed over. If it really had that many miles on it, the engine would not have blown. I'm suing the lady but i need proof that that's not the original motor. It's bull.
well first of all, you wont win in court. Second of all, you had the car for 3 months. did you check the oil level? Its not her fault that the motor blew up

cassie.xO

@got traction,
It wasn't because of the oil. My mechanic took a look at it a few days prior. He looked at the cylinder walls and said the car had atleast 300,000 miles. Think about it, a 95 with 60,000 miles on it? I can't believe i fell for it. It was not my fault the engine blew, i had oil and i've never beaten on the thing once. I was going 50mph on the highway, took my foot off the gas, and engine blew right then and there.

got traction

i rock the sohc
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
@got traction,
It wasn't because of the oil. My mechanic took a look at it a few days prior. He looked at the cylinder walls and said the car had atleast 300,000 miles. Think about it, a 95 with 60,000 miles on it? I can't believe i fell for it. It was not my fault the engine blew, i had oil and i've never beaten on the thing once. I was going 50mph on the highway, took my foot off the gas, and engine blew right then and there.
thats your fault and your mechanics fault. And hes also blowing smoke up your ass for saying that based on the cylinder walls it has 300k. throwing a rod comes from low oil which spins the bearings. Not because the car has "300k"

techavluis

Registered VIP
got traction, u know i like you NOT cuz you know your s**t.... but because u tell it how it is... and know your s**t lol.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You wanna tell me how thats MY fault my car broke?
1. Did you do a CarFax before you bought it?
2. Did you check to make sure the motor matched the car in the first place?

You've had it for three months... if it happened a week or two after you bought it, sure. But three months....

Not saying it's not your fault but... it's not hers.

PS: where in MA are you from? lol

r03ld4v1d

would you like me to draw you a picture?
hahahaha word.

How can you believe a 1995 civic has 60k original miles? Maybe if it was own by one owner and drove by oldies. Even the Integra type r 's prob average more then 60k miles all together.

Last edited:

TypeRSiR

I'm not going place blame on anyone about your car problems. The point is that your car is broke.
I will say, however, that you should have taken your car to a mechanic to have it looked at before you made the purchase. You seem young so you might not have known. You've learned your lesson. Don't be so naive next time though.

Here's what I found out about your car:

http://www.decodethis.com/Default.aspx?tabid=65&vin=2HGEJ2226SH533564

Click the tabs at the top (General, Equipment, Colors) to get more information. I think you'll find a lot of your answers there.
Take it to a mechanic to have everything checked out and make sure that your engine is really the actual original engine. Make sure that they can tell you for sure if the engine has been replaced. If they can't tell you for sure, take it to another mechanic.

I hope this helps. Sorry that this all happened to you.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Please find a way to film the court case. I would really enjoy watching the judge laugh you out of the room when he/she finds out you are suing after having the car for 3 months.

Wouldn't go as far as to say it is your fault the car died, but it isn't the previous owners problem anymore. You are too late. You do know what "sold as is" means right? Cars this old are sold as is, meaning what you see is what you get. Once it leaves the previous owners hands it is YOUR problem. Unless it was totaled and they patched the car together without reporting it, or if they rolled the odometer back and there is a way to prove it, you are s**t out of luck.