Need OEM Fog Lights Advice

Tawine

Well I own a 99 Civic 4dr, & I'm having a bit of a problem. I bought some jdm fog light (yellow) off of ebay. Then I got them installed & they jacked it up ... the lamp isn't lined up. They also cut to much off of my bumper, & they didn't even put the switch into the dash. So when I turn on my headlights the fogs come on too...

So can someone one tell me where to buy (real) jdm fog lights & also please tell me where I can get it professionally installed.

Tawine

Dang man thanks so much ... the kits comes with everything?? I still need to buy a new bumper since they jacked up the last foglights I bought ... they didn't put the switch through the dash.

MugenRR

Banned
Dang man thanks so much ... the kits comes with everything?? I still need to buy a new bumper since they jacked up the last foglights I bought ... they didn't put the switch through the dash.
No probem kid, well damn i would hate if that happen to me, did it come with the switch? Next time like dont be afraid to just look out for ur car homie,if they doing something wrong be in their ass or else they will keep doing this.

Tawine

Your right .... it came with everything but they threw away the switch & now my fogs turn on when I switch on my headlights . So now I have to re-buy the fogs, bumper (since they cut it wrong) & maybe the left fender cause it doesn't fit well.

Decipher

Registered VIP
I bought the factory fogs for my 96 sedan off of ebay and was really happy with the results. The switch and everything was really nice and just like OEM (the switch lights up when you engage the button). That sucks that they botched your bumper though. Wiring them in is the easy part. Putting the assembly together after cutting the bumper is the most tasking part. Yea, I agree, do it yourself.

This was the write up I referenced when doing mine:

http://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/exterior-diys-54/fog-light-installation-96-98-civic-65513/

Once you get them in and wired, depending on what jack you put the plug into in the fuse panel under your steering column they can come on any time you engage them, or have them slaved to the park lights which is how I connected mine because without the bell I kept leaving them on.

Good luck.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Then I got them installed & they jacked it up ... the lamp isn't lined up. They also cut to much off of my bumper, & they didn't even put the switch into the dash.
This is why research and DIY can save you the headache and money.

when I turn on my headlights the fogs come on too...
Most real OEM driving/fog lights are supposed to do this.
On with the low beams, and switch off with the high beams.

Spyro

5+ Year Member
This reminds me of the jdm fogs i bought at Honda Day. It came with everything. But my bracket got messed up hitting ice attempting a u-turn and over estimating just because i was in a rush. i bought new ones off ebay with the cheap switch and relay, but i didnt change a thing with the wires, just the fogs and brackets. Plug and play =) :thumbs up

Tawine

Oh ok, haha someone should just send me the link to a recommended ebay seller (the golden ribbon) that has everything included.

Tawine

Take it to the shop kid, never have to worry of em f***ing up.
I know I was gonna, don't got enough money to just learn & practice haha. Once I find the OEM foglights w/ everything that's needed I'll take it to a Honda dealer body shop.

Decipher

Registered VIP
If you don't have funds, then the dealership is the last place you want to be. Seriously, this install took me 1hr tops, and I'm an idiot. You shouldn't have to pay someone to cut some plastic and screw a bracket to it, especially not someone who is going to overcharge you out the ass! Tell me how much they quote you, I bet it would be less for me to drive to ohio do it myself and still make a buck, while saving you some money.

On a side note, I drove to Cleveland(from Charlottesville, VA) 2 months ago for a wedding... gas for that round trip was maybe $100-$110, that's including all the dicking around Cleveland we did. So don't make me come out there!

J/K, do what you have to do.

Tawine

I know their expensive, but the first person I went to charged $150 to do it. Messed up my bumper & it wasn't even. They also didn't put the switch through the dash ..... I want it to be professionally done but can't find NO ONE!