TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
JiuJitsu_greg said:
Another great post by amej8. :lol: It's obviously something that slick rick and I are debating so we care.

Back to the iphone it run a full operating system (OSX) unlike your phone that runs windows mobile. Your phone comes stock with 64 mb of memory and looks cheap. You must use a satchel or carrying case cause I would be scared that the keyboard would snap off. It does have neat feature but it is not a whole product like the iphone. You can't play/store movies on it. YOu have to buy memory to be able to fit any songs on it. It does seem like a good phone to get on the internet. the graphics are horrible on it as well. It may have some of the same features as the iphone but it is not as solid of a product imo.

:rolf:
well you're wrong. the iphone will be using a mobile version of osx known as "iphone osx"
and you have no clue of the graphic capabilites of my phone, another point that was pulled from a place your hand should not be venturing :lol:

hit me back up when the rest of your argument is valid
you are debating the build quality of two phones that you've never seen in person nor have ever touched, based off of 300x300 pixel images you're finding on google :lol:

i could make the argument that the iphone looks like it will snap like a graham cracker if any pressure is applied, or that it's non-recessed screen will get scratched to all hell or cut within days of ownership

my phone has been beaten, dropped, thrown on occasion, and ran over once... not only is it as solid as the day i bought it, but the screen has not a single scratch :lol:

JiuJitsu_greg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Akiahara96 said:
:shock:

that was mean.

i think these debates are old and stupid, too, but there are many others just like it. :what: imo, it's silly because neither one of you will change your opinion. a lot of it is a matter of preference... so... why go back and forth for so long after you both understand each others standpoints? :what:
Personally debates like these help me understand other people. Yeah, that was mean but so is coming in a thread and calling what we are talking about stupid. If it's that stupid then why not post some other place as opposed to poking at the people in the thread?

JiuJitsu_greg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
amej8 said:
WOOHOO someone said it.

And greg, no. I have over a 3.0 right now and am going to stay at my local community college for atleast 2 years and get the 2 year Associates Degree completed then transfer out. But debates like this that have existed for forever are stupid because it's pointless. And what I said about things like this being stupid is completely irrelevant to my life.

Going to college and improving my overall life > argument about technology.
Good deal. I bet you total gpa is no where near a 3 though. If you got booted from a university it was probably in the 1.5-2.0 region. That much damage cant be made up in one semester. Good choice on the CC. Debates like this help people to understand others point of views. I may not agree with what is said but I take into account everything that is said and it gives people another point of view to look at things from.

JiuJitsu_greg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
$lick Rick said:
:rolf:
well you're wrong. the iphone will be using a mobile version of osx known as "iphone osx"
and you have no clue of the graphic capabilites of my phone, another point that was pulled from a place your hand should not be venturing :lol:

hit me back up when the rest of your argument is valid
you are debating the build quality of two phones that you've never seen in person nor have ever touched, based off of 300x300 pixel images you're finding on google :lol:

i could make the argument that the iphone looks like it will snap like a graham cracker if any pressure is applied, or that it's non-recessed screen will get scratched to all hell or cut within days of ownership

my phone has been beaten, dropped, thrown on occasion, and ran over once... not only is it as solid as the day i bought it, but the screen has not a single scratch :lol:
I have not touched your personal pocket pc but I have seen and used them before. Personally I thought the plastic was cheap and so was the quality of the product. I have gotten all of my infomation from the apple site not google btw. We will have to see how the iphone turns out. the fact of the matter is that your phone doesn't have half the capabilities that the iphone has stock vs stock.

the apple site says this Operating system OS X not osx so you might want to do a little more research insted of poking the finger at people and saying they don't know what they are saying.

http://www.apple.com/iphone/technology/specs.html

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
JiuJitsu_greg said:
the fact of the matter is that your phone doesn't have half the capabilities that the iphone has stock vs stock.

son, you must be getting your "facts" from the back of cracker jack boxes :lol:

believe whatever you want.... there's allot of people who deny reality on a daily basis so you'll have plenty of company :lol:

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
JiuJitsu_greg said:
Personally debates like these help me understand other people. Yeah, that was mean but so is coming in a thread and calling what we are talking about stupid. If it's that stupid then why not post some other place as opposed to poking at the people in the thread?
he didn't call you guys stupid though, just the topic. that's pretty normal for forums. ;)

and he could go to a CC without transferring credits, so he could have a good GPA. i didn't transfer my credits or anything to my new school, so i start fresh. :what:

i'm sure there's a lot of people that thought our debate about troy in the 300 thread was pretty dumb. :lol:

JiuJitsu_greg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
$lick Rick said:
son, you must be getting your "facts" from the back of cracker jack boxes :lol:

believe whatever you want.... there's allot of people who deny reality on a daily basis so you'll have plenty of company :lol:
I get my facts from the official sites. I don't see why you keep saying im denying reality. Your phone can't play movies period.You can't hold but a handfull of ongs on your phone stock. Your phone doesn't run a full operating system like xp or osx. Your phone has a dinky keyboard that could verywell snap off causing you to have to buy a new phone or get it warrentied.

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
JiuJitsu_greg said:
the apple site says this Operating system OS X not osx so you might want to do a little more research insted of poking the finger at people and saying they don't know what they are saying.

http://www.apple.com/iphone/technology/specs.html
so while you were just outright wrong... you want me to feel bad because i forgot a space :rolf:

*pokes the finger at greg* :lol:

JiuJitsu_greg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Akiahara96 said:
he didn't call you guys stupid though, just the topic. that's pretty normal for forums. ;)

and he could go to a CC without transferring credits, so he could have a good GPA. i didn't transfer my credits or anything to my new school, so i start fresh. :what:

i'm sure there's a lot of people that thought our debate about troy in the 300 thread was pretty dumb. :lol:
Yeah, but at the same time I enjoyed it and it helped me learn alot about the illiad and things like that through research for the debate. I say kudos for him for improving his life but if he's an ass he should expect me to up the stakes.

JiuJitsu_greg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
$lick Rick said:
so while you were just outright wrong... you want me to feel bad because i forgot a space :rolf:

*pokes the finger at greg* :lol:
No what I ment to say was the operating system in OSX not OSX mobile

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
JiuJitsu_greg said:
I get my facts from the official sites. I don't see why you keep saying im denying reality. Your phone can't play movies period.

do you ever get tired of being wrong?

yes.. my phone plays videos flawlessly... i have space balls on there right now actually :lol:

dude, you have NO CLUE what you're talking about yet you keep spewing this misinformation

really, quit pulling these made up "facts" out of your sphincter...

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
JiuJitsu_greg said:
No what I ment to say was the operating system in OSX not OSX mobile
do some more research

technically it is an osx operating system.. in the same way that mine is a windows operating system.
it's based off of the full OS, but scaled down.....

do
more
research

JiuJitsu_greg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
$lick Rick said:
do you ever get tired of being wrong?

yes.. my phone plays videos flawlessly... i have space balls on there right now actually :lol:

dude, you have NO CLUE what you're talking about yet you keep spewing this misinformation

really, quit pulling these made up "facts" out of your sphincter...
Well the tech specs list didn't say it played back video. I was wrong about that. Is it Hd? What about you spewing misinformation. The Iphone will not be running a mobile Os or mobile internet browser. It will be running full OSx.

JiuJitsu_greg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
$lick Rick said:
do some more research

technically it is an osx operating system.. in the same way that mine is a windows operating system.
it's based off of the full OS, but scaled down.....

do
more
research
Give a source. You can't just state things like they are true without stating a source. In the apple keynote jobs says iphone will not be running and mobile browsers or os it will be full safari and full OSX. the apple site also says it will be the full versions of OSX. Stop making stuff up.

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
JiuJitsu_greg said:
the apple site also says it will be the full versions of OSX.

no, it does not.... you are wrong....

we'll start here
http://daringfireball.net/2007/01/os_x

i'll stop short of calling you a liar, i'll stick with misinformed

either way... you're completely and utterly wrong :lol:

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
So, misconception #1: The iPhone Contains a Full Version of Mac OS X 10.4 or 10.5.

Wrong: If the OS only weighs 500 MB, it is clearly a subset of the full installation.