TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
SeanJohn1802 said:
just a random update, Cisco Systems is sueing Apple Inc for using the name "iPhone" saying that Cisco used it first or whatever :what: :lol:
i saw that :lol:

something like cisco had the name patented in 2000 and the ipod came out in 2002

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah who knows... f**k it's just a f**king name you know?? oh well .. i know Apple has an EXCELLENT legal staff... i'm sure it'll blow over

T!mmy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
SeanJohn1802 said:
yeah who knows... f**k it's just a f**king name you know?? oh well .. i know Apple has an EXCELLENT legal staff... i'm sure it'll blow over
well I'm sure they have a good bit a money to pursuade them to let them use the name...money talks

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:haha: true that

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
$lick Rick said:
so it's a little smaller than my phone... but it does less than my phone.....

there's nothing new, exciting, or groundbreaking about the iphone.... and that's dissapointing
and the best part is they got slapped with a lawsuit from cisco FTW!

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
page 4?

damn im only on 2 lol .....

but yea its funny i hope cisco wins ... i also think its hilarious that other phones have been playing music and doin a lot of this s**t for a while now and apple busts this s**t out as revolutionary

Zenray

7@WOT
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Akiahara96 said:
i don't have one. no cell phone for me! :P

my last phone was simple enough. none of this mp3 crazy stuff. just a small flip. :what:
lol you probably just saved yourself from cancer

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Melt said:
page 4?

damn im only on 2 lol .....

but yea its funny i hope cisco wins ... i also think its hilarious that other phones have been playing music and doin a lot of this s**t for a while now and apple busts this s**t out as revolutionary

well i guess everyone has just misunderstood what is "reinvented" here...

f**k they've been puttin MP3 players on phones for AT LEAST the last 2 years... obvoiusly this is no different, even w/the Video player (except it IS the only one with the widescreen)

what's different about it is the UI... and i'll just leave it at that... i'm not going to defend the iphone anymore because obviously some people just flat out hate Apple (for whatever reason i dont know) and don't even want to give it a chance... (closed minded people in otherwords)

so it's not "REVOLUTIONARY" as you put it, NOR Do they say that, it's "reinvented"

flora

toaster oven
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
too bad it's too expensive for me :( i just got a new phone (and a new 2 year contract haha) that was free--and it's good enough for me =) Of course, when it somes time for me to need a blackberry.......my work will pay for it. lol.

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i'm not close minded... just too cheap to pay for something like that. ;)

T!mmy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
SeanJohn1802 said:
well i guess everyone has just misunderstood what is "reinvented" here...

f**k they've been puttin MP3 players on phones for AT LEAST the last 2 years... obvoiusly this is no different, even w/the Video player (except it IS the only one with the widescreen)

what's different about it is the UI... and i'll just leave it at that... i'm not going to defend the iphone anymore because obviously some people just flat out hate Apple (for whatever reason i dont know) and don't even want to give it a chance... (closed minded people in otherwords)

so it's not "REVOLUTIONARY" as you put it, NOR Do they say that, it's "reinvented"
I've been thinking more and more about the data entry and the more I think about it the more I think they f**ked up by taking the stylus away all together. If they had left that atleast you could have also wrote into it.

And the UI isnt anything special...most pda phones had a touch interface, they just took away s**t. Buttons. lol And made icons so you can use your finger. so I guess it's like todd said, it actually has less features. And it's def not me being close-minded if you were in reference to me. I thought I was very open about it. And in no way did I ever say I hated Apple.

42Steps

Welcome my son....
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
rei said:
what happened to regular cell phones? am I the only one who wants a phone just to be a phone?
Nope, all I want my phone to do is make calls.... :lol:

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i want a camera, too, but that's about it.

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
T!mmy said:
And the UI isnt anything special...most pda phones had a touch interface, they just took away s**t. Buttons. lol And made icons so you can use your finger.

i havent used my stylus since i bought the phone... always use my fingers on the touchscreen

SeanJohn1802 said:
no it's not, my phone is widescreen also :what:

right before jobs introduced the iphone he said
Every once in a while a revolutionary product comes along that changes everything
and he should have followed it up with
and the iphone isnt that product

ShinsenTuner

CC's Youngest OG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
$lick Rick said:
cingular 8125 pocket pc

i've been looking at upgrading just because i can, but i cant find a phone i like as much let alone better :???:
same here... I just can't justify myself upgrading to a phone that does the same thing... :lol:

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
so i was reading that the iphone needs a wifi connection to connect to the internet?

is this true? someone please tell me that's not true

JiuJitsu_greg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
$lick Rick said:
so i was reading that the iphone needs a wifi connection to connect to the internet?

is this true? someone please tell me that's not true
I'm not sure it needs a wifi connection to connect to the internet but that is an option. I don't see how Iphone isn't revolutionary. Let see yes phone play music but they don't hold this much music. How many of those people that have phones that play music also have ipods? a majority probably. The iphone makes it that you don't have to carry around an ipod since the ipod will operate and have the same function as your ipod. How many phones can you watch Hd movies on? As for that wifi connection, how much does a company charge you to activate the internet on a blackberry or pocket pc? 30 40 50 dollars a month. With iphones wifi capabilities you won't have those fees. Especially since wifi is spreading all over buisness' shoot mcdonald has a wifi connection now. The Iphone does have a keyboard. It is a touch screen version. This phone will be much more sleak and less bulky then other smart phones. This truely is a revolutionry product. I mean apples stock only rose 8% when they announced the phone.

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
JiuJitsu_greg said:
The Iphone does have a keyboard. It is a touch screen version.
exactly, so not only does it not give the positive beneifits of a tangible keyboard, it's will also occupy the majority of the screen when in use....
my phone has the option to use the onscreen touchscreen keyboard... but i like to retain full usage of my screen while typing and the ability to look without typing thanks to my tangible keyboard... something the iphone cannot do

JiuJitsu_greg said:
As for that wifi connection, how much does a company charge you to activate the internet on a blackberry or pocket pc? 30 40 50 dollars a month. With iphones wifi capabilities you won't have those fees. Especially since wifi is spreading all over buisness' shoot mcdonald has a wifi connection now.
my phone will connect to wifi networks and i get all of the non-wifi internet usage i want for $10 a month
so yeah... again, not helping the iphone

JiuJitsu_greg said:
Let see yes phone play music but they don't hold this much music.
you're right, my phone has expandable memory so honestly i can hold MORE music :lol:

JiuJitsu_greg said:
This truely is a revolutionry product.
no.... no it's not.... not by a long shot :lol:
if by "revolutionary" you mean less usefull.... but slightly thinner... then yes, but sadly that would not classify as revolutionary

maybe the iphone2 will offer usefull features that havent allready been avaliable for years

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
im probably going to get this phone, when the price drops to something reasonable. this phone is definetaly revolutionary though, when the iphone can wipe my ass without my assistance, it will be revolutionary