New to Hondas - Questions.....

EG Hatch

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i dont think the aem ems is junk, i would call it....over priced.

just so you know, OP.....if you are content with 400whp or so, a stock sleeved and mild built gsr will be fine for you. its what i built and am building another one for my brother. basically rebuilt gsr bottom, cp 9:1 81.5mm pistons, eagle h beam rods, STOCK sleeves bored .020 over and STOCK head. once i finish my turbo kit, i will get it tuned at around 425-450whp and still be reliable.

check out www.evans-tuning.com for a bunch of dyno charts so you can see what it takes to get X amount of power
well it is clearly overpriced but so is the k-pro and the greddy emanage. but what is good about an ems is that i can tune myself if i want... not that i would.

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well it is clearly overpriced but so is the k-pro and the greddy emanage. but what is good about an ems is that i can tune myself if i want... not that i would.
you can tune anything by yourself. theres way cheaper options than aem

\\ Forgiven //

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You can definitely tune a chipped ECU or hondata yourself. As far as the Greddy and the K-pro, I would put the greddy in the same category as AEM, and the K-pro is overpriced because it has a monopoly on K series tuning at the moment, so it's not really a good comparison.