new to the forum/first civic

itsacivicthing

im gonna get a hondata p28 ecu (chipped right), 8.5:1 pistons, connecting rods, fuel injectors probably around 310cc(give er take please correct me if im wrong), then throw some cams after turbo comes it. thats what my buddy with the srt thinks i should do what do you think? also do you think im going to have to replace the internals anyways if you do ill just replace them now. the turbo i am looking at maxs out at 18 psi but im gonna run 8 to 10 psi and the fuel pump is for any turbo?

emerican

Registered VIP
Yeah a fuel pump is a fuel pump it will be more than enough fuel for your set up if you get the 255
i would at least run dsm blue top 450 injectors since its gonna be tuned the mixture can always be adjusted, but if it aint there not much that can be done
technnically you dont have to, but you listed rods that youd said youd get thats internals

itsacivicthing

so internals is just connecting rods or is there more too it? it is going to be tuned as soon as everything is done, but other then the internal confusion its a pretty good plan?

itsacivicthing

nvm i figured out what internals are for the most part. do you know any good companies for internals, cams, and pistons

emerican

Registered VIP
eagle rods
brian cower,skunk2,and bisimoto all make good cams
look into vitara pistons

bigboy106

welcome to CC! hope your builds going well..! good luck on turbo sounds like your doing a great job so far. just dont cheap out of stuff when it comes to turboing a car, you need good quality parts for a build so nothing goes wrong

emerican

Registered VIP
Depends on what you want to do do you want cams?
No reason to do cam gears without doing cams

emerican

Registered VIP
I know for a fact they make them for the z6

http://www.cartserver.com/sc/cart.cgi?item=s-3474^SK2-305050100^Skunk2+Stage+1+Cam+D16Z+Vtec^307.07^1^^^^7
^ if you use that link make sure you only order 1 cam for somke reason it put 2 in the quanity box

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BLOX-SOHC-VTEC-CAMSHAFT-92-95-CIVIC-SI-EG-D16Z6-STAGE-1-/390281707775?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item5ade9a40ff

http://www.ebay.com/itm/COMP-ZEX-HONDA-D16Z6-PRO-RACE-HIGH-RPM-CAM-CAMSHAFT-BEST-PERFORMANCE-AVAILABLE-/270838947249?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item3f0f425db1

emerican

Registered VIP
Also what stage cam do you want to run gotta make that decison befre you order them.

emerican

Registered VIP
stage 1 - slightly more aggresive than stock barley an upgrade you can have a stock valve train
Stage 2 more aggresive you have to have an upgraded valvetrain the highest i would run on a street driven car
Stage 3 most agrresive have to upgrade valve train almost always reserved for race cars/track cars

emerican

Registered VIP
Either one will work fine stage 1 just isnt gonna be that much of an upgrade if your already planning on boosting it and already gonna build the head{valvetrain} anyway then i would throw a stage 2 in it no reason not to really.
If you are gonna put cams in it dont do it after you boost it and tune it when you change the cams it needs to be tuned even if it hasnt been boosted yet.
id put the stage 2 cam and cam gear in it if it where mine.

itsacivicthing

So I should get fuel injectors, pistons, connecting rods, ecu then boost it then throw cam shaft and cam gears and finally tune?

emerican

Registered VIP
all those parts you listed plus springs and retainers in the head, you will need a walboro 255 fuel pump, you need to figure out if your going to run a chipped basemap ecu or other option buy hondata and have it installed and use that
also i would get fuel rail and fuel pressure regualter plus some gauges to keep up with the health of everything
There may be some things i have forgotten in all this, but im really trying my best to help you out man
Are you buying the eldebrock turbo kit if so it should come with everything besides the valvetrain stuff and the internals stuff
Also never buy the ebay turbo kits simply they suck and will not last at all and may even damage your motor

itsacivicthing

im going to run a hondata p28 chipped ecu possibly throw a venom em piggy back(if i still can) For gauges im going to get a boost gauge and air to fuel, anything else you think i should get for gauges. also what does the fuel rail and fuel pressure regulator do? and i know thanks for helping me before i had no idea what i was doing but now i have an idea and can hold a converstation about modding cars:lol: but ya im getting the edlebrock victor x turbo kit

emerican

Registered VIP
The air fuel ratio guage will give you no reliable info what so ever all it does is hook to the o2 sensor, but since the factory o02 sensor isnt senstive enough it wont give you any readings worth anything and is a waist of money
look into AEM or other brand wideband gauge , it will come with its own o2 sensor that is more sesitve and more accurate to give you correct readings
fuel rail will be able to flow more fuel than the stock one you may be able to keep your stock one if you want it just depends on injector size and other things better to figure out all the goals then make that decision or talk to whoever is gonna tune the car
fpr is just that it allows you to regulate how much fuel get one with a gauge so you know and you can set it to oem setting or if you need more you can adjust it accordingly it would be a good thing to have