No power to fuel pump, 2000 em1

RonJ

Banned
Replug all connectors.

Unplug the MAP sensor.

Turn key to ON(II).

Measure voltage to body ground at each of the three connector pins.

What are the readings?

boostedlsvem1

Replug all connectors.

Unplug the MAP sensor.

Turn key to ON(II).

Measure voltage to body ground at each of the three connector pins.

What are the readings?
Ok, redid the tests. I used the thermostat ground,
red/green- 2.93v
green/white-0v
yellow/red- 4.93v

RonJ

Banned
Plug everything back in.

Turn key to ON(II).

Does the fuel pump prime?

If not, shop for a replacement ECU.

boostedlsvem1

Plug everything back in.

Turn key to ON(II).

Does the fuel pump prime?

If not, shop for a replacement ECU.
i plugged everything back in and still nothing, but I'm getting a clicking sound from the engine bay when i turn the key to the on (II) position. now earlier today i pulled my ecu out and put in a obd2 ecu (the only one i could come across at the time) and it wouldn't prime my fuel pump either. now i understand that that ecu could also be bad since the age is up there on the part.

RonJ

Banned
now earlier today i pulled my ecu out and put in a obd2 ecu (the only one i could come across at the time) and it wouldn't prime my fuel pump either.
What OBD2 ECU? It would have to be OBD2b and plugged into the OBD2b ECU connectors.

boostedlsvem1

i will ne putting my p06 ecu into my friends car here shortly. I just wanted to post because i noticed that when i have my p06 plugged in and i turn the key to the on (II) position i have a clicking sound coming from the iacv and also a relay in the fuse box thats under the hood. Now when i plug in the p2e ecu that i got and turn the key to the on (II) position there is no clicking sound from the engine bay at all. Not sure if maybe thats a sign of something while my p06 is plugged in or not but figured it would be worth saying something about.

boostedlsvem1

I got the problem fixed, it was the ecu. i plugged in a friends ecu into my car and it rand the pump. when i put my ecu into his car his car did not run, so the ecu i picked up yesterday was bad as well. Thank you ron j for all the help i greatly appreciate it.

96EJ8Coupe

Unplug ECU connector A.

Turn key to ON(II).

Ground terminal A16 in the unplugged connector.

Does the fuel pump run as long as you have A16 (A7 or A8 in the OBD1 conversion harness) grounded?
What if the pump does not run, would that indicate a bad relay?

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
What if the pump does not run, would that indicate a bad relay?
Possible, check for power at the pump, if no power. Pull and bench test the relay.
Check for power and continuity at the relay connections as well to verify power ON with the ignition in II/On.

96EJ8Coupe

Possible, check for power at the pump, if no power. Pull and bench test the relay.
Check for power and continuity at the relay connections as well to verify power ON with the ignition in II/On.
Relay check out, power at the pump, continuity at the relay harness, all wires get the relevant power when ign is ON, relay checks out as per Honda's test for continuity outlined in the manual, but for the life of me when the relay is plugged in, nothing goes to the relay.

I wired up another 4 pin relay, using schematics from another user, which negates the start switch and ground wires, and i get power to the pump, but still cant start

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Apply 12v power to the pump, if it pumps then its defiantly an issue in the circuit.

96EJ8Coupe

So i got through, after all, turns out the ecu wasn't connected properly to have the pump come on, the reason for no start was the dizzy coil. Guys, lil advice, be sure to check for spark from the coil n don't just check for power at the coil, it may have power but no spark, ask me how i know.

Honda all tha way!