NOOB Question, Password intake install, not enough holes?

TheEJ8

2000 Civic EX
d16y8
There are two holes drilled in the power chamber but where do I put the vaccum line?

Thanks

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
Isn't that the vacuum for the throttle body? It can't be seen in your pic, but it should be right on top of your TB, next to the sensor.

SleepingSol

10sec dd or BUST
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You sure that's a vacuum? Check the underside of the throttle body to make sure its not that coolant line

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
^^ Or that too. Damn, your idea owns mine :(

TheEJ8

It sucks my finger so I was assuming it was the vaccum line.

There is the sensor and the then hose that goes from the valve cover and the the "vaccum line" or what ever it is.

TheEJ8

Yes but there was three things plugged into the stock intake tube, the power chamber has two holes

SleepingSol

10sec dd or BUST
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
honestly, if there's no check engine light, and the car idles fine with your finger over the hose, remove the whole hose and cap off the fitting the other end is connected too. it wont hurt a thing. My skunk2 intake manifold had an extra vacuum fitting when i bought it years ago and i just put a rubber cap on it

TheEJ8

honestly, if there's no check engine light, and the car idles fine with your finger over the hose, remove the whole hose and cap off the fitting the other end is connected too. it wont hurt a thing. My skunk2 intake manifold had an extra vacuum fitting when i bought it years ago and i just put a rubber cap on it
But there is a check engine light.

SleepingSol

10sec dd or BUST
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
um ok. well there goes that idea lol. Not that it should matter but did you disconnect the battery when doing the install? if not did you try it after to see if the light goes away?

TheEJ8

Lol this check engine light is pissing me off. I plugged the sensor in. Does it take time to go off or something?

Mysteryemotionz

Registered VIP
Lol this check engine light is pissing me off. I plugged the sensor in. Does it take time to go off or something?
What's it for? Might help figuring out what's going on.

If its the pcv vacuum line you can just attach a breather filter to the valve cover.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

SleepingSol

10sec dd or BUST
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
disconnect the battery for 10 seconds or so then reconnect it

Mysteryemotionz

Registered VIP
To get rid of the check engine light you can drive 50miles n if the problem corrected it self it will go out.

You can also disconnect the battery for 10 minutes. Thus us also recommended so the ecu can utilize the increased aurflow.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2