Oil flow into the Gulf stopped, for now

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Im curious to know if people still use BP or have even gassed up there anyhow.

I have actually never been to one of their gas stations and to be honest I just dont see myself giving them any of my money.
ARE YOU SAYING WE SHOULD BOYCOTT? :D

I HAVE NOTICE GAS HAS GOTTEN LESS EXPENSIVE

Deezy

silent partner
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Im curious to know if people still use BP or have even gassed up there anyhow.

I have actually never been to one of their gas stations and to be honest I just dont see myself giving them any of my money.
.....I don't use them, never do.........RaceWay, or Qt here....$2.41 gallon...

VSP

Just hand me the wrench.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Don't be so quick to stop buying from BP gasoline stations. BP is one of the largest mega-corporations in the world; by not buying from the local BP station, all you're really doing is hurting the local owners who buy their gas from BP. It's them you'll be hurting and driving out of business, not so much BP.

I believe this is one situation in which a grass-roots movement isn't going to do much good. I'd rather let the lawmakers sort this one out; they have the potential to do far more damage than we ever could on our own.

gebs06

Klub EJ
Registered VIP
WOW THIS IS EPIC. The craziest thought to me is. like the other guy said. being that the gulf is a major spot for hurricanes to stabilize. Imagine if one came around gathered most of that oil and made its way to the shores of the southeastern states. Then we'd have a tragedy on our lands. But it doesn't stop there doesn't oil sit at the top of water and is flammable. All this hurricane need is some lightening and we have a damn torched hurricane ripping through our states. We have to do something and quick b4 hurricane season gets the chance to make this any worse...

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
WOW THIS IS EPIC. The craziest thought to me is. like the other guy said. being that the gulf is a major spot for hurricanes to stabilize. Imagine if one came around gathered most of that oil and made its way to the shores of the southeastern states. Then we'd have a tragedy on our lands. But it doesn't stop there doesn't oil sit at the top of water and is flammable. All this hurricane need is some lightening and we have a damn torched hurricane ripping through our states. We have to do something and quick b4 hurricane season gets the chance to make this any worse...
Oil is too heavy to be made a part of a hurricane. Hell, water is too heavy to be made a part of a hurricane. The fact of the matter is, the wind couldn't keep it suspended in the air over any sort of distance. Even if it could keep it suspended momentarily, it would drop off at a weak point or be slung out at a strong point. This really isn't a plausible situation.

Would make a great movie though ;)

gebs06

Klub EJ
Registered VIP
Would make a great movie though ;)
lol...well its now playing in my head. every time i think of this situation thats all i can picture in my noodle. that and the fact that this s**t might make it to my shores of MIA....

sf22189

names Brenton
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Don't be so quick to stop buying from BP gasoline stations. BP is one of the largest mega-corporations in the world; by not buying from the local BP station, all you're really doing is hurting the local owners who buy their gas from BP. It's them you'll be hurting and driving out of business, not so much BP.

I believe this is one situation in which a grass-roots movement isn't going to do much good. I'd rather let the lawmakers sort this one out; they have the potential to do far more damage than we ever could on our own.
This is true. Only way to hurt BP is to drop their stocks. Most oil is piped in the same lines no matter what brand. So the only difference between gas from BP and lets say Shell is the additives they put in it. '

I still dont buy from them though since i noticed that the hour trips i made down to Columbus, Ohio i made everyweek that my gas mileage sucked. I use Marathon or Speedway, which is a Marathon company anyways

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I just pumped BP last night. :D

ugh, get the leak fixed MAN!

Can't afford a blazing hurricane.

AutoFanatik

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Execute a BP executive for every week this leak continues. And let them know what executive is next so you can watch them scurry. Was that a bit sadistic? oh well. If that idea is a bit harsh, pull the daily oil-loss value from each executive's salary. See how quickly they scurry

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
By DINA CAPPIELLO, Associated Press Writer Dina Cappiello, Associated Press Writer – 1 hr 1 min ago

WASHINGTON – The White House blocked efforts by federal scientists to tell the public just how bad the Gulf oil spill could have been, according to a panel appointed by President Barack Obama to investigate the worst offshore oil spill in U.S. history.

In documents released Wednesday, the national oil spill commission's staff reveals that in late April or early May the White House budget office denied a request from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration to make public the worst-case discharge from the blown-out well. The Unified Command — the government team in charge of the spill response — also was discussing the possibility of making the numbers public, the report says, citing interviews with government officials.

The White House did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

But Jerry Miller, head of the White House science office's ocean subcommittee, told The Associated Press in an interview at a St. Petersburg, Fla., conference on the oil's flow that he didn't think the budget office censored NOAA.

"I would very much doubt that anyone would put restrictions on NOAA's ability to articulate factual information," Miller said.

The April 20 blowout and explosion in the Gulf of Mexico killed 11 workers, spewed 206 million gallons of oil from the damaged oil well, and sunk the Deepwater Horizon drilling rig.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101006/ap_on_bi_ge/us_gulf_oil_spill
Also, remember they told us that the oil was magically disappearing? lol. I remember hearing that clearly on the news.

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I sure am glad we've got a white house full of change and transparency.