Not going eBay never even considered it just tryin to get my opinion out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
so you're not going the Ebay route but in your opinion you think its a good I idea to go the Ebay route to learn.

.....lol

Keller

Yea if u got a junker I've seen a lot of ppls cars that they think r badass and r about to take a s**t anywayz so do do it if u got a car like that I see a lot of them

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if anyone has a junker, if recommend leaving money out of it or making it into a car that's no longer a junker. my last coupe could have been considered a junker, but new suspension, wheels, a clean swap, and some tlc and it didn't look anything like a junk car anymore.

death the kid

Yea if u got a junker I've seen a lot of ppls cars that they think r badass and r about to take a s**t anywayz so do do it if u got a car like that I see a lot of them

Serious question. How old are you?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Keller

I'm 21 and I really wouldn't wanna start with a car that messed up id prefer stock or at least a project car but we all know eBay is crappy but I was just saying not to be so rude

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i've built MANY cars with parts bought on eBay.. both my cars have parts bought on eBay on them and both cars have gotten lots of love actually..so it doesn't really matter where you get some parts..if i built my whole car on replicas and said the parts were real based on my reputation(just saying) people would believe that the parts are real if the replica parts looked exactly like the real parts..

death the kid

i've built MANY cars with parts bought on eBay.. both my cars have parts bought on eBay on them and both cars have gotten lots of love actually..so it doesn't really matter where you get some parts..if i built my whole car on replicas and said the parts were real based on my reputation(just saying) people would believe that the parts are real if the replica parts looked exactly like the real parts..
Certain parts can come from eBay. Exhaust,header,wheels etc. Not suspension and turbos. And we aren't talking about simply buying stuff on eBay. But eBay brand/quality parts made in Chinese sweat shops by 7 year Olds. Your car will not be damaged by rocking knock off wheels and Exhausts. But knock wastegates and turbos are another story

Keller

Last two ppl that's kinda what I been sayin not to mention I would have thrown a eBay turbo on the motor I just blew I knew it was a pos so y not but now it's time for the real build hoorahh

death the kid

or instead of wasting your money on a pointless mod and pointless build. build the motor or use the money to buy a better one? i still don't get your logic. it's not like you have a spare turbo laying around and want to bolt it up. you actually want to go and spend money on a "pos" with a "pos" product in hopes that you're learn how to build something completely opposite?

Keller

Lol actually I did have a no name crapy turbo laying around but it's all your cars and do what y'all want mine has a lot of body work I like done so I'm just going that route and building my motor how I want and no it's not with eBay crap

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
And we aren't talking about simply buying stuff on eBay. But eBay brand/quality parts made in Chinese sweat shops by 7 year olds...
There is no such thing as an eBay brand part. eBay doesn't sell parts PEOPLE sell parts ON eBay. You do understand that it is just an auction website right?

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member

This whole thread made me rage so damned hard...
Keller, you have a s**t ton to learn. Your rhetoric and logic are f**king mind blowing, by the way. As Death The Kid stated, all you're doing is perpetuating an eventual catastrophic failure by using s**t parts. I would NEVER encourage someone to learn by using parts that have a huge safety risk. You're essentially telling people it's perfectly fine to enter a destruction derby on a moped. C'mon man...

death the kid

There is no such thing as an eBay brand part. eBay doesn't sell parts PEOPLE sell parts ON eBay. You do understand that it is just an auction website right?
Yes by eBay brand we mean cheap wanna be products meant to be sold on eBay at poor quality levels. Like the $20 dollar coilover sleeves you find. Not that eBay has their own brand but these are a brands meant for that specific purpose hence the terminology.

they actually sent me one of those 10 year member premium buyer blue stars last year.

Just got this off of eBay for my hatch actually. The hatch is my work in progress since its my beater. But it will be pretty when I'm done. 3 stage vtec Turbo swap hopefully this year. :-)

This might be getting one as well if this exhaust meets my standards

French-Frye

alot of hate goin on here lol. but it depends how you go about things. i use an ebay turbo on my civic and i havent had any problems with it. reliably runnin 15 psi all day. now im not saying itll last forever but it gives me some fun till i can save up for a better turbo like a borg warner or even a garrett. just my opinion but its all about how you handle your work.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
alot of hate goin on here lol. but it depends how you go about things. i use an ebay turbo on my civic and i havent had any problems with it. reliably runnin 15 psi all day. now im not saying itll last forever but it gives me some fun till i can save up for a better turbo like a borg warner or even a garrett. just my opinion but its all about how you handle your work.
no hate involved in here.....

The people who have been around or building for a bit tend to not waste cash or time. Just like you mentioned, you're running an ebay turbo and "it gives me some fun till i can save up for a better turbo like a borg warner or even a garrett".......the other end of the spectrum is saying, why waste the money starting with an ebay turbo and just grab a quality turbo to start. That temporary fun WITH the possibility of failure and extensive damage costs more money than it does to have a worry free setup from day 1.

French-Frye

no hate involved in here.....

The people who have been around or building for a bit tend to not waste cash or time. Just like you mentioned, you're running an ebay turbo and "it gives me some fun till i can save up for a better turbo like a borg warner or even a garrett".......the other end of the spectrum is saying, why waste the money starting with an ebay turbo and just grab a quality turbo to start. That temporary fun WITH the possibility of failure and extensive damage costs more money than it does to have a worry free setup from day 1.
true but if you can take precaution. less risk involved. im not sayin go out and buy an ebay turbo im just sayin ive had luck with em ive never had turbo problems and we built 3 turbo B series with ebay turbos and havent had problems. again not saying all ebay turbos are great but their not all crap either.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I get cha....it's just the gamble of it all. A lot of people don't like to take the risk, where as some do.