Ok so lets start pushing this boulder uphill ( my complete 89 dx hb build)

baytownhatch

Alright guys so ive been trying to decide what to do with this car and trust me theres alot to do. In this build ill go through everything im putting in it with the websites I will be obtaining the parts from. Currently I'm sourcing parts and picking up small parts as I can afford to do so. I'm a father of three so I will not be adding as fast as I would like to.

First thing I'm l;ooking at is redoing the interior. the guy who owned the hatch before neither cared about it or took the time to keep it maintained. So first up is the interior upgrades:

I'm going to install new carpet and headliner and soundproofing the car....

Parts were sourced from www.stockinteriors.com

1. 1988-1991 Honda Civic Carpet, Hatchback Passenger Area
  2. Heat and Sound Insulation 3'x4'
  3. Do It Yourself Headliner Kit
  4. Headliner Adhesive Spray Can
Next, will be a crx dash conversion with a mated 96-00 civic center console w/ armrest (thank you Mr. Baker for helping me with my options) along with an 89 crx cluster w/ Tach swap. These items are having to be sourced through craigslist since I don't want to pay premium for the console. * part outs welcomed*

Now the seat upgrades these were found at www.andysautosport.com

Cipher CPA1013 Black And Blue Cloth Racing Seats
Cipher Auto Blue 4 Point Racing Harness Set
Cipher Racing Harness Bar Silver Powder Coated 48"

From there I move to the Steering wheel along with the pedals also found at www.andysautosport.com

NRG Innovations Pilota 320mm Sport Steering Wheel (Blue Trim)
NRG Hub Adapter - Short
NRG Innovations Gen 2.5 Quick Release Hub Kit (New Blue Body/Titanium Chrome Ring)
NRG Innovations MT Aluminum Sport Pedals (Blue W/ Silver Carbon)

thats it for now leaving work I'll post more when I can

Culberson

condoms prevent minivans
aww man no engine work!? you should put some pictures up so we can see what your working with.
ive got a 90 DX hatch so im deffinatly interested to see where this goes.....good luck

baytownhatch

I will take some pics I was at work so I didn't have any with me. As for the engine I'm contemplating staying d series and boosting it, b16 swap or a ls/Vtech

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Vtech

Sent from my Butthole using Fart power!

Culberson

condoms prevent minivans
me i swapped to D15B Vtec. but i didnt wana follow the DOHC trend. plus it was cheaper haha

baytownhatch

Here are some pics of the products:

Front bumper of the body kit

Side skirts

Rear bumper

On the inside:
Short shifter

Steering wheel

And my radio

KillaGuizEj8Si

Registered VIP
GLWB no really my flavor with the body kit and all but hey what can i say i did the body kit and pedals when i was younger

baytownhatch

the bumper on the car is jacked up on the front, priced it and everyone is wanting from 175-250 for one and the kit is only like 450 for everything. as for the pedals they also have seen way better days.

Shaaaft

FNG
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Junkyards are cheap for parts. Body kit or JY - they'll both need painted.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The kit is $450 for a reason...

Sent from my Butthole using Fart power!

baytownhatch

So sent a text to the guy who has my dash, cluster, and lower console to assure he still had it. He said he did that it was set aside for me drove 1 1/2 hrs only to find out he sold the wrong one to guy yesterday and that he didn't have the right ones for me SMH. Back to Craigslist