Once a Honda, always a Honda - New ride inside >>

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Long story short: Sold the Civic Si to a military kid from NC a couple months ago. Literally shed a tear as it drove off :cry:. Bought a 2002 Ranger V6 as a beater until I found something I really wanted one day.

That day was today when I found this: :D

2006 Ridgeline RTL. It has lots of factory accessories like running boards, roof racks, chrome bumper trim, fog lights, leather, DVD + navigation, oem window visors, oem hood air deflector, sport grille, bed extender, backup sensors, yum yum yum! Pics from dealers website, but I'll have more to come

I have a few upgrades planned like bike rack attachments, BFGoodrich T/A KO tires, front brush guard, backup cam. Possibly have the wheels repainted graphite with clearcoat

Last edited:

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Damn son I'm going to miss your Civic :(. I loved that thing! Those Accord wheels made it so unique.

I dunno... The Ridgeline never grew on me. If I were to get a truck, I'd want to go all out and get a turbo diesel F-250/350 crew cab / short box.

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I've never like those things, but congratulations on your purchase!

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Not a fan but nice pickup. You still see the Civic around or know the person you sold it to?

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I'll miss the civic too. It was really tough to decide I had to grow up, but it should be a lot easier to grow up with this new truck lol

Not a fan but nice pickup. You still see the Civic around or know the person you sold it to?
No he lives about 5 hours away. Met me in myrtle beach and bought it straight up

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I'll miss the civic too. It was really tough to decide I had to grow up, but it should be a lot easier to grow up with this new truck lol

No he lives about 5 hours away. Met me in myrtle beach and bought it straight up
Growing up sucks. I want to get rid of my Civic for a nice sedan. Ideally a TSX or V6 Accord. My friend had an 06 TSX. I LOVED that car.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Growing up sucks. I want to get rid of my Civic for a nice sedan. Ideally a TSX or V6 Accord. My friend had an 06 TSX. I LOVED that car.
So know that feeling. The chick I got my R32 has an 08 TL Type S and that thing is beautiful.

Decipher

Registered VIP
Dude, that truck is sweet. What was the damage?

I'll be making my own "all grown up now" thread in approx. 1 yr and 4 months when the lease on my 2010 corolla is up. We'll be getting a MDX. I can't wait to have 4WD.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
the awd is sweet. it has a locking diff in D1, D2, D3 modes for those sticky situations. I plan on getting some good use out of this truck :thumbs up

I ended up financing about $15k, which includes an added 2 year power-train warranty. they didnt give me sh*t for my ranger, but that was to be expected :roll:

Last edited:

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nice!

Needs a lip and a drop!
I really liked ur civic though

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Wouldn't be my first choice in truck, but I will admit it looks sexy! My buddy picked up one a couple months ago and he loves it.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Same here.
Sadly, I wouldn't even consider this if I were looking for a truck.
I was the same way for years and years when they first hit the market. "wtf is honda doing building a truck?". But the v6 has plenty of torque, full time 4wd and lockable differentials, and a towing capacity of 5000lbs. The enterior is freakin nice, especially compared to the ranger I just got out of. Best of all it's a honda. Value will stay up and it's easy for me to work on if it needs anything. And there's plenty of room under the hood for goodies *cough* supercharger *cough*
Wouldn't be my first choice in truck, but I will admit it looks sexy! My buddy picked up one a couple months ago and he loves it.
:thumbs up:

did I mention the heated seats? man o man was that nice this morning!!

Lopez619

Hector
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
My dad bought one of these new when they first came out. He loves it, I think they're really nice trucks. They can take a beating.

Congrats on the pick up. :thumbs up

evilrilla2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
what a beast!

the point of leaving a civic will come to everyone at one point, luckily for me I still got a few more years. its a big upgrade for you, im sure you wont regret it.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Man, post some bay shots!

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
bay is pretty much plastic. but it's crazy clean. previous owner must have armour-all it from time to time :lol:. i'm sure down the road i'll be putting some touches under the hood, maybe a wire tuck :thumbs up

image courtesy google

Jeegz

Did sum1 say mud??
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Awwww its such a cute little truck!