Opinion poll: Best intake for 6th gen

charles_00Civic

CC'S Longest Running Noob
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The AEM cai is the besty balance. Makes more power than the sri and is alot less than the V2. Just as loud too. I got a cai cause i didnt want to be an underdog with an SRI wondering what could have of been, but I didnt want to blow like 320 CAD on a V2 cause it was a bit louder. lol

charles_00Civic

CC'S Longest Running Noob
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
LatinEM1 said:
I also love my Comptech ice box! hehe...

http://tprmag.com/issue/1/1_intakes.shtml <<<< very nice article..
Having results within 1 ho of eachother just shows how there is no difference. Plus a driver can milk an xtra hp out of a vehicle easily. I duunno. ANy cai will do. I jsut wish they threw an ebay intake in there as well lol.

Also a dyno doesnt prove much. The car isnt moving, the engine compartment probably doesnt get hot etc etc etc. Some SRI'S were makign more Hp then cai's. I dunno. But v2 = owned.

green

You Can DO IT!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
this is what i like about the comptech is the smooth gains throughout the powerband, it really makes a big difference rather than peak Hp in one area. Compare it with the AEM CAI. I've definitely noticed this on my car and it's cool to see it on a dyno. Looks like there are some other good ones too, Injen and AEM SRI looks good.

5000 3.0
5500 4.8
6000 5.0
6500 6.8
7000 8.9
7500 5.6
8000 2.3
PEAK 5.4

Dirty Sanchez

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I like the aem cold air the best. Injen is really good too.

ikillradio

DirtyD said:
why does everyone keep using the word 'project'?

AEM is overpriced. There are other brands you could go with that are still good quality and not so pricey.
haha that is what i was saying PROJECT? :rolf:
hold on i need to do my latest CD BURNING project

trainjunkie

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if you wanna go the cheapest route, pick yourself up some pvc piping or abs. use 3". pick up a cone filter and some elbows as well as a silicone coupler. pick up a rubber groment to fit the iat and some hose and fittings to fit the breather tube off the valve cover to the intake pipe. cold air is useless unless you have coolant to intake manifold and throttle body blocked off, but don't have to do that. can build any type of intake using pvc or abs. looks like s**t, but it works.

J32a2OwnsU

Resident Old Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
trainjunkie said:
if you wanna go the cheapest route, pick yourself up some pvc piping or abs. use 3". pick up a cone filter and some elbows as well as a silicone coupler. pick up a rubber groment to fit the iat and some hose and fittings to fit the breather tube off the valve cover to the intake pipe. cold air is useless unless you have coolant to intake manifold and throttle body blocked off, but don't have to do that. can build any type of intake using pvc or abs. looks like s**t, but it works.
now thats ghetto....yikes.

ebay bro...........ebay.