opinions... Tenzo R SOHC Valve Cover

Team 4R

Dr. DIY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sand down the valve cover.........? you'll be standing around for hours whacking off a piece of aluminum...... and how would you propose a dual-cam guy would sand down his valve cover...? it's not all flat like the sohc cover............... :oops: aircraft-grade paint stripper... 500 degree paint will be fine, too.

Linguistics

Live Manikins
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "Team 4R"

sand down the valve cover.........? you'll be standing around for hours whacking off a piece of aluminum...... and how would you propose a dual-cam guy would sand down his valve cover...?
read the topic...SOHC. hahah. yeah, good point, i used 1200, but you can use 500. your engine shouldnt get hotter than that...thats what i hear anyways

99ExCoupe

Volvo > Civic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have some blue motor paint I got at Autozone the day after I bought my car...still havn't painted the damn thing. Its gonna come out soon enough...so there is no bother!

civic hatch

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
for the DOHC guys most of the time you guys have a plug wire cover on so you dont have to sand do that section. so just sand down the flat sections and then spray and then cover up your plug wires with some yummy carbon fiber :D :D :D but if your valve cover is not all beat up you dont even have to sand it down just make sure its clean no grease or oil. but sorry bout not including you DOHC guys :thumbup:

Myogi_Nightkid

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^^ welcome to the site bro. :thumbs up:

i was about to post your how-to from CHB when i saw you posting it already. :thumbs up:

civic hatch

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
was up myogi didnt know you was over here too. has CHB been down cause i cant acess it