Performance parts for 98 Civic EX

ToTo17

Was wondering what parts would be great upgrades to the engine and etc. The engine is a D16Y8.

10707044_430657013741750_2029113727_n.jpg 10729347_1535449146691902_767181460_n.jpg

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
It kind of excites me that these questions are popping up again... yay for site activity, boo for this questions being answered more times than time itself. There's really no answer to this, and here is why:

We don't know your budget
We don't know your goal (power, fuel efficiency, etc).. you said performance so I assume power.
We don't really know what you've already done to it, other than looking at pictures.

Engine-wise, unless you go turbo, swap motors.. I'd recommend a B18. Then again, we don't know your budget, so if it's high I would recommend a K-swap. Or turbo B18. See why I can't really help you out much? lol

Also, since you said etc., I will consider that as in general. My "in general" comment would be ditch those tail lights. ;)

Good luck! :thumbs up

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It kind of excites me that these questions are popping up again... yay for site activity, boo for this questions being answered more times than time itself. There's really no answer to this, and here is why:

We don't know your budget
We don't know your goal (power, fuel efficiency, etc).. you said performance so I assume power.
We don't really know what you've already done to it, other than looking at pictures.

Engine-wise, unless you go turbo, swap motors.. I'd recommend a B18. Then again, we don't know your budget, so if it's high I would recommend a K-swap. Or turbo B18. See why I can't really help you out much? lol

Also, since you said etc., I will consider that as in general. My "in general" comment would be ditch those tail lights. ;)

Good luck! :thumbs up

Like it when they spam the forum asking the same question in multiple sections. Perhaps OP is just spamming to get attention for the pics.

Also vague question is vague. Provide more information and a budget or search for your answer.