Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i might be in...

r0yal

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I went and picked up a tripod, hopefully the weather isnt too bad tomorrow evening, I'll go and take some shots

1999stockaccord

Honduh's... LULZ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm in, i'll see if i can find industial places out here, do farms count?

dont expect a high res from me, cause i will be converting from 35mm as usual

42Steps

Welcome my son....
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You guys are worrying to much about the theme.... More fits into the industrial theme then you would think.... It doesn't have to be a large factory, or an abandoned warehouse or anything.... Just something that resembles the industrial theme.....

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
nobody's sent their pic in yet eh?

i should have mine in tonight if the weather is right :lol:

civic_tj

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I am trying to enter, but my camera skillz stop at point and shoot! So mine should really suck! I think i am gonna take my pics tomarrow at work or something. Anyone got good suggestions on camera settings or like tutorials on good ways to take pics, b/c i just can't get them to come out clear and clean with my camera. I have a Cannon PowerShot A70. Every now and then i get a good one but not to often.

42Steps

Welcome my son....
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
$lick Rick said:
nobody's sent their pic in yet eh?

i should have mine in tonight if the weather is right :lol:
A few have, I just haven't updated any.... :lol:

Remember, for the photography contests you guys have two weeks, so take your time to find the best shot... ;)

Civic_tj - Even if you aren't the best with a camera, I would be VERY happy to see you, or anyone for that matter, participate.... Remember the only way to get better is to practice and experiment.... Push your "comfort boundary" and expand what you feel comfortable doing and you will learn a lot of new stuff.... Even if it doesn't come out right the first time, its not like it will kill you.... ;)

:!: As for tips on taking a good picture, use a tripod, set it on a longer exposure time, no flash, and put it on an automatic timer (to completely reduce shaking), then focus correctly and let the camera do the rest... Edit a little bit in photoshop (read the rules for guidelines) if you can, and enter..... If you would like any tips from me when you submit, don't be afraid to ask.... I will help however I can.... I'm gonna be a teacher after all, might as well start now.... :P

civic_tj

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^^^^^ I will be entering, I am actually going to take a few pictures tonight. Going to try a few new things here. If i come across anything that has stumped me i will contact ya with a PM prolly. Thanks alot though!!

r0yal

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
How did your pictures turn out?? good thing your entering, we need more and more people

ShinsenTuner

CC's Youngest OG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I'm entering fo sho.

I already have an idea of what picture i'm taking, just need to go take it.... :lol:

r0yal

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
good stuff

Glad you entered rand0m... lets show these peeps that our low megapixel powershot cams can take nice shots =) well...I duno if yours is low, but mine is only 2 :( yours is a 3, correct?

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
for the past 2 weeks it's been so foggy at night that you cannot only NOT see my subject, but you cant even see any of it's hundreds of LARGE BRIGHT lights....

so... i might have to enter a different pic that i've allready taken :lol:

Rand0m

Adamantium Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
r0yal said:
good stuff

Glad you entered rand0m... lets show these peeps that our low megapixel powershot cams can take nice shots =) well...I duno if yours is low, but mine is only 2 :( yours is a 3, correct?
hahahahaha, yes, mine is only 3.2mp.....

but for this particular pic, i borrowed my sisters 6.3mp canon digital rebel :rolf: maybe next time ill use my powershot though ;)

civic_tj

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
r0yal said:
How did your pictures turn out?? good thing your entering, we need more and more people
my shoot didn't turn out to bad I guess, i am not really sure b/c like i have stated i am not good with camera's. I know my lighting is some of my pics is off, but due to the nature of where i was shooting it was really hard to get the perfect lighting. iono if i can tell what some of mine are, i don't wanna give away what they are. but i am struggling on what one to choose, i took like 50! I ended up using works camera, which was a 5.MP Cannon.

silvertuner98

Banned
i would jump on this if it wasnt only 25 degrees outside with a single digit windchill. maybe ill jump in the next contest. until then i wish everyone that enters good luck and remember to use a tripod!

civic_tj

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oh come on you can still get a pic, hell i took mine inside and i was sweating my balls off there i took mine, and you'll understand when you see it. We need more ppl to enter though, i know i have turned mine in yet, but i will be here soon!!

Status
Not open for further replies.