Pics Of My New Paint Job..

AJ99CIVIC

dirty mex
5+ Year Member
ok dont hate to much.. i didnt want to change up the color too much so i just repainted the factory white and added alot of pearl and some flake to the mid coat. and made my own line for the black. i always seen people do the two-tones on that hard body line so i took a risk and tried to make my own body line. what do you think?? keep in mind im an amature painter and did all the painting in my garage with my moms house fan to blow the paint out of the garage..... oh as for the black engine bay... i ran out of pearl and i was gonna go mix up some more at my work but we had 2 of the six pearls and flake discontinued so thats why i had to paint the bay again but i got to tuck some more things while i was at it.

FROM THIS:

TO THIS:

paint: PPG goldmist, bright white, silver, ice crystal blue pearls and white and a little bit of gold mini flake over taffeta white. with 4 coats of PPG Global performance glamour clearcoat.

civhatch92

That's my honda.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
should've just followed the cars body line instead of making your own..

AJ99CIVIC

dirty mex
5+ Year Member
yeah i was going to but then i thought id have a huge problem with trying to make a line over my fender. it would just look weird at different angles

House Special

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i think he's talking about all your pieces because none of them go with the car. It actually looks better from the side with it unpainted but the closer you get the more you see. Your engine bay is clean though.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
wheres the hood :what:

AJ99CIVIC

dirty mex
5+ Year Member
i got an invisible hood lol. no i didnt have time to put it on before a car show i was too busy cutting and buffing it. yeah i know the bumpers fit like s**t the car got rear ended on the highway and they messed up when they tried to straighten out the lines

Ian123

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
not a big fan of body kits but its nice to actually see something different on here

31dev31

Chillin' Canadian Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Bodykit is meh... but the paint looks good :thumbs up

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Atleast its a B-Series :what:

wannabe

law abiding smog tech
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
IMO, 6th gens don't look good with a two-tone line up that high because there is no way to make the line continue very well in the are where the window, mirror, hood, fender meet up front.

but the paint looks like it was laid down very well. and its nice to see some go with that "show".

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What rims are those and size? I somewhat like them....

mylovehx

Hatches rock
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i think you shoulda done the roof only. it s pretty tough to do a 2 tone with a 6th gen. other than that i like

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Engine bay looks nice.