Picture of project car

HCaila97

My project car 97 civic dx *first owned car*

I have 18x8.5 graphite 8 spokes from montegi I will put on

First mod to come SR*S N1 exhaust

Last edited by a moderator:

MiketheDyke

5+ Year Member
Nice pick up! Good luck with your build =)

And make sure to post pictures of your progress!

Sent from my phone

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Moved to the show off section. If this turns into a build thread I'll move it again respectively :thumbs up

HCaila97

Body wise

1. New oem front number with a type R front lip
2. New oem fenders
3. Type R rear lip
4. OEM carbon fiber hood
5. OEM side mirrors with turn signals
6. My 18x8.5 montegi eight spoke rims
7. Spec d R8 smoke headlights
8. Spec d Smoke LED taillights
9. Window Tint
10. Roof spoiler
11. New paint job Kinda a Carbon blue

Mechanical
1. Injen Cold air intake system black
2. SR*S Headers
3. SR*S N1 exhaust system
4. TEIN front SWAY BAR
5. Coilover system from megan
6. Wanna drop a K20A-R

Interior
1. Two RECARO racing bucket seats
2. Digi Navi 7" touch screen head unit
3. Legacy Two subs
4. Legacy amp
5. New gauge faces
6. White gauge brezel
7. MOMO steering wheel
8. Custom painted interior
9. Broadway Rear View Mirror

Secret Place

Awsome bro, nice civic and good luck with ur build. I just recently bought a 96 civic ex coupe for the next few months ima be working on mine ;)

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
18x8.5? That is way too much of an over kill. OEM side mirrors with turn signals? Good luck on the build..but..I'd search around to get a better idea of how you want your car to look like because from the list of things you want to do, it seems like you're just putting all these "cool" parts on it and will soon be called "rice" by many.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I've added some comments & questions in Bold.

Body wise
4. OEM carbon fiber hood - I assume you mean OEM-style CF hood. Honda didnt make CF hoods.
5. OEM side mirrors with turn signals - Do you mean youre going to modify your OEM mirrors & adda sidemarker?
8. Spec d Smoke LED taillights - Have you verified they light up deep red or cheap-looking light red almost pink?

Mechanical
1. Injen Cold air intake system black - this is useless on any non-heavily internally modified engine.
5. Coilover system from megan - you'd be better off with Tein coilovers or Ground Controls with Konis.

Interior
2. Digi Navi 7" touch screen head unit - What brand?
3. Legacy Two subs - not a quality brand. you can price hunt for better brand equipment
4. Legacy amp - not a quality brand. you can price hunt for better brand equipment
8. Custom painted interior - Please elaborate. I'm inclined to fear you may rice it up.
Also, what brand of speakers do you plan to use or are using?

18x8.5? That is way too much of an over kill. OEM side mirrors with turn signals? Good luck on the build..but..I'd search around to get a better idea of how you want your car to look like because from the list of things you want to do, it seems like you're just putting all these "cool" parts on it and will soon be called "rice" by many.
I'd be inclined to agree with 2slo4u depending on your end result, the answer to some of my aforementioned questions, and the potential use of parts you listed that are below. Its illogical to spend around $4000 on a K20A-R engine then skimp on audio & other cheap mods.

Body wise
7. Spec d R8 smoke headlights - ricey for my taste
8. Spec d Smoke LED taillights - ricey for my taste

Mechanical
1. Injen Cold air intake system black- ricey since its useless
5. Coilover system from megan- semi-ricey since its not a great brand

Interior
3. Legacy Two subs- semi-ricey since its not a great brand
4. Legacy amp- semi-ricey since its not a great brand
5. New gauge faces- ricey
6. White gauge brezel- ricey
8. Custom painted interior- ricey if overdone or if an ugly loud color is used
9. Broadway Rear View Mirror- ricey for my taste

rustycivic2000

Registered VIP
And why only add a front sway bar? that will just increase understeer. If anything, add just a rear sway bar,

And for wheels, something in the 16x7 to 16x8 sizing is more appropriate for the car. The Civic is just too small of a car for 18s.

HCaila97

Getting rid of my 18 inch to buy smaller rims/update on ideas

The rims I have I bought of a guy who had a 03 civic and was gettin rid of them since his was a lease in now selling the rims to buy a smaller size. And everything else is now gonna be JDM looking. I'm going to buy JDM headlights either black housing or smoke same with taillights. The paint job I wanna pain the car kinda what I call carbon blue. It's a really deep shade of blue.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The rims I have I bought of a guy who had a 03 civic and was gettin rid of them since his was a lease in now selling the rims to buy a smaller size. And everything else is now gonna be JDM looking. I'm going to buy JDM headlights either black housing or smoke same with taillights. The paint job I wanna pain the car kinda what I call carbon blue. It's a really deep shade of blue.
JDM headlights for this civic model are never black housing or smoked. There are JDM chrome housings, black chrome, and bronze.

Can't wait to see you pick up a K20A

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
and there's nothing JDM about those spec D headlights. Japanese Domestic Market does not = random disco ball glittery trend parts.

more power to you to buy what you like, just don't call it what it's not. Just sounds retarded in my opinion