Point in Shoot camera - my samsung nv15

tienr

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Around February I was looking for a new camera. I really wanted to get a DSLR but i just couldn't justify buying a camera for so much money. So I decided to buy a camera, i went out on a whim and bought a Samsung NV15 without really doing any research.....and boy did i make a good choice. the main reason why i bought it was because it was MSRP at $250 but it was on sale at circuit city for $180.

I've taken photo's before with this camera, but yesterday i was at my gf's softball game and this is the first time i really played with the zoom.....

Remember, this is point and shoot so its all auto focus, no manual focusing at all
some of the pictures i grouped to show it from no zoom, some zoom, full zoom

i was amazed by how clear it was after zooming so far

eskateboarding7

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
wow dude some of those came out really good.

tienr

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^ thanks man....yea i forgot to mention, the first 4 are on close up mode, and all the others are on landscape mode
and i had no tripod with me

eskateboarding7

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
geez dude this makes me want to buy this camera now! considering ive never done any real photography w/ manual settings and all of that :]
post more pics if you can, experiment a little bit w/ light and stuff. Very interested.

tienr

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
here are just some other random photos i used with the close up setting

this camera also has a very good night mode too....i took a picture of a room with the light off, after the camera processed it, it looked like a well lit room

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Manual mode + macro FTW. Try that sometime.

My Canon A530 used to take just as good pictures as yours on auto. I always figured most digital camera's these days were capable of taking good photos. Hell my brothers Canon SD200 from like 5 years ago takes decent pictures :lol:.

lawrenceashley

Sir Ash
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
those photos came out really good even without a tripod. I like the 2nd picture. I have a point and shoot camera but it doesnt take pictures like that. Maybe I need to learn to take pictures better.

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I don't know why you would need a tripod for any of those shots:what:

tienr

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
it's well lit, they should be clear without a tripod. lol
ok when you take pictures without a tripod, you tend to shake your hands you'll never be able to keep your hands steady, and when at full zoom, the shaking will be more noticeable because the radius will be a lot more....i'm just sayin, maybe you have more experience with a camera, but with my old camera, if i tried zooming as far as this camera did, it would not be clear, whether its well lit or not

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
ok when you take pictures without a tripod, you tend to shake your hands you'll never be able to keep your hands steady, and when at full zoom, the shaking will be more noticeable because the radius will be a lot more....i'm just sayin, maybe you have more experience with a camera, but with my old camera, if i tried zooming as far as this camera did, it would not be clear, whether its well lit or not
I don't need he needs more experience with a Camera.. I'd look at some of his shots before making statements like that.

I just don't think he understands where your coming from.

got traction

i rock the sohc
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I don't need he needs more experience with a Camera.. I'd look at some of his shots before making statements like that.

re-read his statement...:lol:

tienr

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

yea....i never said he needs more experience....as a matter of fact, i even said "maybe you have more experience"

all i'm saying is that for a point n shoot camera, this camera is awesome. just look at the one picture, you can't see anything in the shed, and after zooming up, you can even read that it says "GIANT Food Stores"....i mean, if you don't think it is, i'd like to see photo's from other point n shoot camera's that can do better...ones that don't cost as much as a DSLR

LowNotSlow

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I haven't been in the point and shoot game for a while now so maybe I'm just not used to their capabilities and expect more than what is the norm.

The shots look damn good.Very clear, good white balance and good depth of field. The softball shot is the only one that could use work but I imagine you didn't have it on a sports setting.

How much did it cost?

tienr

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I haven't been in the point and shoot game for a while now so maybe I'm just not used to their capabilities and expect more than what is the norm.

The shots look damn good.Very clear, good white balance and good depth of field. The softball shot is the only one that could use work but I imagine you didn't have it on a sports setting.

How much did it cost?
i agree, the softball one is a bit blurry, it was on landscape mode which would explain why...i paid 180 for the camera

LowNotSlow

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
seems like a damn good deal then

TAZ_FERIO

7th Gen Civic
5+ Year Member
While I do like your photography I think the pictures arnt turning out all that good, I work at a camera store and I must say there are alot better cameras then the NV15 in that price range. Personally I wouldnt buy a samsung camera, i would have looked at the Nikon P50 or the Canon 720IS. Your getting alot of blur expessially in the sport photo.

tienr

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
While I do like your photography I think the pictures arnt turning out all that good, I work at a camera store and I must say there are alot better cameras then the NV15 in that price range. Personally I wouldnt buy a samsung camera, i would have looked at the Nikon P50 or the Canon 720IS. Your getting alot of blur expessially in the sport photo.
the sport photo is bad, but i didn't have it on the right setting....and i know some of them blurry when fully zoomed up, but maybe it would be better with a tripod i don't know....i'll have to play around more with the camera and actually try to take good photo's, i was just playing around this time