OEM 96-98 rear lip OR CF hood?

• Total voters

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well, I cant afford (and have put WAY too much money into the car) to buy the 96-98 oem rear lip, so would it be worth selling the CF hood or should I just stick with the CF hood and no rear lip?

I have a feeling that most people are going to say the 96-98 rear lip, but imo its overhyped, so some justified reasons would be appreciated.

If you need pics of the car, ill post some up.

ryanM

heres what i think.

your car is black, so you dont really get the cool contrasting look of a carbon fiber hood that other colors get, ie: white, silver, red, yellow. carbon fiber really stands out and contrasts on those colors, looks nice. on a black car, it looks good, but theres not much contrast. not very noticeable. i LOVE the oem 96-98 rear lip, but i think it looks best on a 96-98 front end with a CTR lip, since they match pretty well. i think it would flow pretty well with a larger, more aggressive style lip, like a mugen or spoon, but not so much with an Si or "type-R" lip when paired with the kouki front end, but it is super hot either way.

im not gonna tell you what to do, but those are my opinions on your choices. :thumbs up

SiRcivic27

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
keep your hood, but I did just get myself and OEM rear lip for me EM1...

Trbolvrcrx

Dude wheres my honda
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I don't really like rear lips. Just my .02

As far as the CF hood goes I dunno its your choice.

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
LongGrain said:
heres what i think.

your car is black, so you dont really get the cool contrasting look of a carbon fiber hood that other colors get, ie: white, silver, red, yellow. carbon fiber really stands out and contrasts on those colors, looks nice. on a black car, it looks good, but theres not much contrast. not very noticeable. i LOVE the oem 96-98 rear lip, but i think it looks best on a 96-98 front end with a CTR lip, since they match pretty well. i think it would flow pretty well with a larger, more aggressive style lip, like a mugen or spoon, but not so much with an Si or "type-R" lip when paired with the kouki front end, but it is super hot either way.

im not gonna tell you what to do, but those are my opinions on your choices. :thumbs up
lol I appreciate the response, but it says both are shitty choices :lol:

The only thing is, I think it would flow pretty well AND with all the rear suspension work, oh man the car would look DAMN sexy from the back.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
rear lip for sure, not even close

SiRcivic27

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
why would you just not keep the hood and save up for the lip. Its not that expensive of a part... I do understand about money being tight and s**t, but dont do stuff you dont think you should just for car parts.

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
SiRcivic27 said:
why would you just not keep the hood and save up for the lip. Its not that expensive of a part... I do understand about money being tight and s**t, but dont do stuff you dont think you should just for car parts.
honestly, cause im kinda "out of the game". I dont want to put anymore money toward the car. Just trying to make a couple last finishing touches or adjustments (not spending money, but changing things up)

xxsenceo89x

aka superman
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
with the lip i dont think youll be able to see suspension work.

cf hood gets my vote

Britty

CC's Grandma =p
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Someone mentioned that your car is black...so if it's aesthetics you're going for, then the CF hood doesn't really do much imo. In fact, I think it looks worse and an OEM hood would be the way to go.

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
f**k, this is turning out 50/50 ish. More opinions please and everyone, thanks for the opinions already, theyve helped.

steve98ex

say no to rotas
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
hood, or neither, somebody will prob just jack the lip anyway

mhi

I ♥ My Civic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
SiRcivic27 said:
A $300+ rear lip is cheap?

Is the OP's car a '96-'98 or a '99-'00? Can we see a sample pic?

nighthawk

The One
5+ Year Member
I really dont like 98 rear lip - 00 looks way cooler. But I see that you guys like whatever is rare =)

b4t0g

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I think that the rear lip is sweet, But IMO i would rather hang on to the CF hood than a piece of plastic on the back bumper,:what:

VTi_ME

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Have Both =)

NAH i like the rear sexy lip