Posting pics on ClubCivic

O.Z Chi

Team San Jose
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I dunno if this topic has been covered, but I was wondering if it was possible to "show" the pic once we upload it? Like right now, it only shows a link. Sometimes we have to find a place to host the pics that we want to show to bypass the "link" problem.

Is there a reason this hasn't been implemented yet?

v-teced

I didn't do it.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oz chi, or anyone, CAN YOU SEE THIS PIC!!?? If not please tell me what you see.

For some reason a few people can see it, some still say they cant.
get back

slambed_civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
once you upload it into your gallery, open up the pic, then copy the URL out of the adress bar. then when you want to post it click the button that says "IMG" and paste the URL into there...

slambed_civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sorry... to copy the URL right click on the picture then go to properties... its in there

v-teced

I didn't do it.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by slambed_civic
sorry... to copy the URL right click on the picture then go to properties... its in there
THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT IM DOING!!!!
I dont get it. So you dont see it either?
Im right clicking on the image that i downloaded onto hpphoto.com, going to properties, highlighting the URL address, going into post reply, clicking on the IMG button right next to the @ button, and pasting it there, click OK, and it puts in code in the Your Reply box. I post it and then I can see it right there.

v-teced

I didn't do it.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you have to upload it to this forum...
Sorry, I dont know how to do that.---- Wait do i put it down
in attach file?

slambed_civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you can do that, but then you have to use that URL... go to the home page... and under where it says happy b-day CC there is the CC gallery

O.Z Chi

Team San Jose
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
once you upload it into your gallery, open up the pic, then copy the URL out of the adress bar. then when you want to post it click the button that says "IMG" and paste the URL into there...
That is exactly what I'm asking. Can we simplify this a little? Instead of making this ten steps, why not just two, as we can upload a jpg along with our post, and not have to waste time uploading to the gallery and copy/pasting the link?

v-teced I can't see the image.

v-teced

I didn't do it.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
When I go to upload an image from my c drive, I get an error msg. I click the browse button, it pulls up the choose file screen, I click the image I want to download, click upload picture, and I get--No picture was uploaded! If you have really selected a picture to upload, check that the server allows file uploads...
WTF how do I check that?

slambed_civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i was just telling him how i know it works. i dont know HTML and all that stuff so i know that my way is simple enough to understand, or at least i thought it was... iono... youre on your own bro

v-teced

I didn't do it.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
iono... youre on your own bro
I will NEVER give up.....gettin pretty tired of this s**t tho
I think I'll proly be able to get in the VIP lounge with all the posts Im posting of me trying to show off my car.

slambed_civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
haha!! dude, when you click on POST REPLY go to the bottom where it says ATTACH FILE...Click on BROWSE then find it, then put it on, just make sure its a JPEG...

v-teced

I didn't do it.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Heres the response I get to that:
vBulletin Message
The file that you have tried to attach is too big. The maximum size is 102400 bytes.

trust me---ive tried it a million times
another thing tho--at the end of my file numbers it has jpg, so that, i dont think will work.
Try going to There It Is!!!!!-----ive tried to copy from image station
dont know if YOU can see it. I know I can when I look at the post

O.Z Chi

Team San Jose
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
haha!! dude, when you click on POST REPLY go to the bottom where it says ATTACH FILE...Click on BROWSE then find it, then put it on, just make sure its a JPEG...
Ok, when you do that, what do you get as the image? A link or an image?

knockoff

you can call me ABE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
you get an link to an image... then click on the image... copy the properties of the pic.. edit your post... use the {img} tags... and save the changes..