Probably gonna blow up

Blitz00

Just Some Dude
ok thanks for clearing that up didn't know that could cause the temp gauge to not work at all.

Blitz00

Just Some Dude
im just gonna wait it doesn't make sense to bleed it at this point. still have to change the sensor and heater core. i really dread helping out with the dash removal. but im learning a lot helping with this project. im pretty sure air in the lines wont make the gauge not respond at all. and the fan didnt come on ever. before or after changing the radiator..

RonJ

Banned
im just gonna wait it doesn't make sense to bleed it at this point. still have to change the sensor and heater core. i really dread helping out with the dash removal. but im learning a lot helping with this project. im pretty sure air in the lines wont make the gauge not respond at all. and the fan didnt come on ever. before or after changing the radiator..
What makes you think your heater core is bad? Air trapped in the cooling system can also prevent the heater from working. And until you are sure ALL air is removed from the cooling system, you don't know whether the ECT switch or ECT sending unit is bad.

But do whatever you want. I'm just trying to save you from replacing parts unnecessarily.

RonJ

Banned
im pretty sure air in the lines wont make the gauge not respond at all. and the fan didnt come on ever. before or after changing the radiator..
You are wrong and don't know much about your cooling system.

James315

bleeding the coolant system is actually not really a bad idea and its easy just kinda time consuming and honestly you would be surprised how many issues air in your cooling system can really cause a few are overheating improper temp reading on your gauge gause not reading anything at all not to mention numerous idle problems but as far the part about turning you heater to the hottest setting that really wont do you any good if the heater core is not hooked up and like mentioned how do you know your heater core is bad if you dont even have it hooked up?

Blitz00

Just Some Dude
i dont want to hook my heater core up and find out it leaks and have it all in my car. they unhooked it for some reason, im just gonna assume it was bad. $25 at a pull a part isnt a bad deal. it will save a few hours of work if it is bad. if not ill sell it. i just really cant see not getting a response outta my temp gauge. its just a sensor. theres stop leak all n my engine. i might try to bleed it tomorrow... guess its worth a try.

Blitz00

Just Some Dude
hooked up the heater core today. it was shot. antifreeze leaked everywhere. lol oh well. my buddy got the new door handle on at least. he bled the coolant system and my temp gauge is still unresponsive. ill update again after i goto Knoxville Thursday and get some parts for her.

Blitz00

Just Some Dude
update. got the sending unit, temp gauge works. bled the coolant system ran good for about 10 miles. antifreeze shot all over my engine, then proceeded to overheat. im assuming flushing my radiator will help this. there no leaks while the car idles. and i cant tell where its coming from. just i know its near the radiator. maybe i should make sure the sensors are tight i really dont know. its dark now, ill check it tomarr

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
flushing radiator wont help really. soemthing is loose, cracked, or coming undone.

let the car warm up, and with the hood up, increase the engine rpms and see where it comes out from. pressure increases with rpms since the waterpump turns faster

Blitz00

Just Some Dude
def will tomorrow. got a service manual been killing my brain trying to comprehend it. think this car was a godsend to make me learn simple mechanic work. seems tons easier than my ranger in terms of getting to the engine components etc. which i didnt really work on my truck. thus the reason its all to hell.

Blitz00

Just Some Dude
umm its coming out my overflow, a lot of it... the cap on the overflow isnt very tight it wiggles a little when its all the way on. should i get a new reservoir? or is this a circulation problem?

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
how soon does it come out of this? i would fix the reservoir and you may want to make sure your radiator cap is good

Blitz00

Just Some Dude
ok so i drove about 30 miles out today. it runs fine as long as i dont give it too much hell. i pulled out in front of a few cars and had to get up to 55 pretty fast and it shot all of the antifreeze out :/ its weird fml.. other than that the temp stays great-a little high (bout %57)

Blitz00

Just Some Dude
good possibility. thanks, fml guess ill break down and take it to a mechanic to get it checked out as soon as get the money. this could take awhile. D:

Blitz00

Just Some Dude
from what little i just learned of head gasket failure, im just about %80 this is probably whats wrong with my car. considering the guy who owned it b4 isn't very bright and didnt even have a temp gauge that worked. i know for a fact if i tried to do this myself i would f*%& my engine up. oh well i deserve it!

Blitz00

Just Some Dude
so assuming the head gasket is gone i just figured out i can get a b18a1 for $100 its runs its in a 94 acura legend right now. idk f i wanna take on this project.