Project Burberry Steelies!

K2_civic

Fo-drizzle!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
snozepp147 said:
i'll post up the paper guidelines if you want. maybe you just don't know me but i honestly would never care what anyone thought about my car. it's mine and i'm not the kind of impressionable person that would change my car just based on what other people think.

here's a link to the term paper assignment. my norm was that in the Honda scene the only color wheels that are accepted are black, bronze, silver, white, gunmetal. you can disagree with how the steelies look but i won't let you try to call me out on covering up the flaming with a fake essay assignment. it's real and here's proof.
https://blackboard.elon.edu/@@48ea1c9f461fd57cbf2bb93f2211b5f7/courses/1/SOC111D0703/content/_320149_1/TermPaperD&ESp07.doc
If you want to show me some proof, why don't you post your paper after you are finished. See, with what you've posted, you have shown that somewhere in the world, a sociology professor wants everyone to write a paper about social norms

You could still using this as an excuse or a cover. Its not that hard to :google: a sociology syllabus, but if you post your paper, then we will all believe you

So, either this is real or you have to know write a 4 page paper to not look like a liar and to get our respect

Start typing, I will even proof read if for you, so you wont get flamed on grammar

EDIT: Now I have "officially" called you out

watisjdm

Clit Commander
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
turbo95eg6 said:
I have nothing to hate about, I'm a d**k to you because I don't like you.
aww really...thanks i dont like you either

Astheros

AMPhotography
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
K2_civic said:
If you want to show me some proof, why don't you post your paper after you are finished. See, with what you've posted, you have shown that somewhere in the world, a sociology professor wants everyone to write a paper about social norms

So, either this is real or you have to know write a 4 page paper to not look like a liar and to get our respect

EDIT: Now I have "officially" called you out

dude...its a f**king internet forum....aint nobody gotta show you proof of anything...you guys need something better to do than talk s**t online about someone who just painted steelies burberry.

and if you give respect to someone who just has nice rims...i feel sorry for you.

turbo95eg said:
Like eran mentioned, painting steelies IS NOT out of the norm. Painting parts Burberry IS NOT out of the norm, if you think no one has done it you clearly did not do your research. It has been a trend just like how you describe the "JDM" fad
dude....this is out of the norm....being out of the norm doesnt necessarily mean someone does something noone else has....it is to do something not socially acceptable on a predominantly universal level....peeing on the side of the street is against the norm....it dont matter if f**king drunk people do it all the time.

and why would he lie cause people talked s**t about his steelies....who cares....i think yall just pissed off cause yall proved to him what he was trying to show. so you fell for it. period. :lol:

btw: soc major...so i know what norm means.

watisjdm

Clit Commander
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Astheros said:
dude...its a f**king internet forum....aint nobody gotta show you proof of anything...you guys need something better to do than talk s**t online about someone who just painted steelies burberry.

and if you give respect to someone who just has nice rims...i feel sorry for you.

dude....this is out of the norm....being out of the norm doesnt necessarily mean someone does something noone else has....it is to do something not socially acceptable on a predominantly universal level....peeing on the side of the street is against the norm....it dont matter if f**king drunk people do it all the time.

and why would he lie cause people talked s**t about his steelies....who cares....i think yall just pissed off cause yall proved to him what he was trying to show. so you fell for it. period. :lol:

=) well said

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I think you have spent too much time on the vortex and burberry should be left for the veedubs.

burberry your headlights....

stolibears

Use your dipstick Jimmy!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Genuine Rolla said:
burberry your headlights....
oh now that would look nice, good match b/t the headlights and rims. i believe though that request has to be in the form of a dare. so i "dare" you to burberry the headlights too!:cool:

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wowo you got skills, that looks like a dead ringer to the real print. ps thy look dumb but i like dumb.

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
how much time did that take you...

Rand0m

Adamantium Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
not saying you didnt do a good job painting.....but on the steelies they look :thumbdown

snozepp147

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Astheros said:
thank you. path of least resistance and stuff.

turbo95eg6-i can post the paper if you want to see it. it's due Tuesday so i probly won't be done with it until this weekend. i'm done trying to convince you that its a real project. i'll post the paper later this week.

Shiznit said:
how much time did that take you..
i'd say about 5 hours of straight work but i took breaks. i could do about 2 wheels a day or 1 wheel a night. the most time consuming part was taping everything off and waiting for the paint to dry.

K2_civic

Fo-drizzle!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Astheros said:
Seriously, you are a soc major?

Care to enlighten the rest of the world with what job you are going to do with that out of college? Besides define the social norms within the "import scene" and correct people on forums with too much time?

snozepp147 said:
i'll post the paper later this week.
I will be waiting

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That is awesome, too bad they aren't a flatter surface

Astheros

AMPhotography
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
K2_civic said:
Seriously, you are a soc major?

Care to enlighten the rest of the world with what job you are going to do with that out of college? Besides define the social norms within the "import scene" and correct people on forums with too much time?

I will be waiting
haha...youre funny dude...stop swinging your internet penis around cause it aint impressin anyone...i did graduate with sociology ( i am already out of college UofM) with 3 yrs of comp sci....i didnt say i was working in the field.

dont get mad cause someone corrected you. if youre gonna talk s**t make sure you know what youre talking about.

i coudl have graduated in f**king dinosaur history and i could probably still get a better job than you cause of where my degree is from.

all go no show

Half Retarded
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Astheros said:
and i could probably still get a better job than you cause of where my degree is from.
ok this thread had gotten far enough out of hand, no need to clutter it further by being a tool..
He said its for a project, so either he is crazy enough to lie about it (prob. unlikely) or crazy enough to do alot more work than necessary to complete his soc. project.

So, we got it... but making a statement like that is just moronic.

Destroy

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Astheros said:

The point is that the wheels look like garbage. This is a car forum, not a classroom, the main reason why one would post pics is to get feedback if something looks good or not, not if it is socially acceptable. You have to understand that a majority doesn't like them because of the design used on such a poor choice of painting surface, and not because of the design itself and the use of steelies. Its not a matter of social norms, not just yet. You are trying to apply sociology to the import scene, but sorry guy, its not going to happen.

all go no show said:
ok this thread had gotten far enough out of hand, no need to clutter it further by being a tool..
He said its for a project, so either he is crazy enough to lie about it (prob. unlikely) or crazy enough to do alot more work than necessary to complete his soc. project.

So, we got it... but making a statement like that is just moronic.
Your right, we will never know if he covered up or not. Either way, I think its pretty lame that he pulled that s**t on here without thinking twice that people will think it was just a cover up, but I guess he got what he wanted.

snozepp147 said:
then i won't use anything you said as data. chill out. take this s**t somewhere else, not my thread. and don't think that because you have more posts than me means you can screw up my thread.
Post count? Never meant s**t to me. For future references I would stay away from writing college level papers that has something to do with your fondness of Hondas, its kinda cheesy. Don't take whatever I say too personally, but since you asked I will stay out of your thread, no harm done.

K2_civic

Fo-drizzle!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Astheros said:
haha...youre funny dude...stop swinging your internet penis around cause it aint impressin anyone...i did graduate with sociology ( i am already out of college UofM) with 3 yrs of comp sci....i didnt say i was working in the field.

dont get mad cause someone corrected you. if youre gonna talk s**t make sure you know what youre talking about.

i coudl have graduated in f**king dinosaur history and i could probably still get a better job than you cause of where my degree is from.
Doubtful, very doubtful, And where was I corrected?

And I am proud that you have a college degree, I am also proud that you went to an impressive school; however, UofM could stand for lots of M's, but I am assuming you went to Michigan.

So, what you are saying is that the degree you had completed is worthless towards your job, hence sociology is not a real major. I mean, if you could get the same job with a degree in dinosaur history (I think the word you were looking for is "palaeontology") you could have gotten the same job?

Last edited:

snozepp147

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
turbo95eg6 said:
You are trying to apply sociology to the import scene, but sorry guy, its not going to happen.
if you took sociology you'd know that it is a way of thinking and therefore can apply to everything. there's studies being done on things way more obscure than the Honda scene.

anyways i've got what i need.

/thread.

Astheros

AMPhotography
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
turbo95eg6 said:
The point is that the wheels look like garbage. This is a car forum, not a classroom, the main reason why one would post pics is to get feedback if something looks good or not, not if it is socially acceptable. You have to understand that a majority doesn't like them because of the design used on such a poor choice of painting surface, and not because of the design itself and the use of steelies. Its not a matter of social norms, not just yet. You are trying to apply sociology to the import scene, but sorry guy, its not going to happen.
i didnt care if people didnt like em...youre right..its a forum so people will have their opinions...i just think its dumb that some people think hes covering it up with a story...so what if he is....and so what if he isnt. thats all i am saying...what difference does it make....youll still have your opinion regardless.

k2_civic said:
So, what you are saying is that the degree you had completed is worthless towards your job, hence sociology is not a real major. I mean, if you could get the same job with a degree in dinosaur history (I think the word you were looking for is "palaeontology") you could have gotten the same job?
i agree with you....i just said i was a soc major and therefore knew what i was talking about when talking about norms. never did i say what i thought about sociology. i did 3 yrs of comp sci at...yes...University of Michigan.....too much programming and what i wanted was more hands on or information science so i got out....as expensive as M is...i didnt want to start another major so i did Sociology from scratch in one year so i could be out in the regular 4 years...
luckily i have a bg in finance, marketing, and IT that allows me to do other jobs. so yes....my sociology major is worth nothing to me. however its still a college degree and i do know a lot about comp sci.

and when i was in school i made fun of my friends that majored in Soc though...you can do things with it...but for me...those things dont pay enough...thats why i dont knock it anymore cause its just a matter of pay nothing more...but to some people helping out others is pay in itself.

edit: sorry about the job comment though...i dont like conflict but i get mad sometimes.i shouldnt use my accomplishments to diminish other people...my bad.

K2_civic

Fo-drizzle!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Astheros said:
edit: sorry about the job comment though...i dont like conflict but i get mad sometimes.i shouldnt use my accomplishments to diminish other people...my bad.

Its an online forum, we are all dicks at some point. I have just come to realize that I can not prove my accomplishments to other people and chances are that there is someone smarter than me out there.

On that note, back to the rims and sorry for the digression

How about we call them Blurberry, since not many people seem to like them

If you go back, I originally like them, like alot of other people, then the flaming began and then we got way off topic

I like the rims, just not on the red car, I think they would be tight on a black car with burberry interior