project Del-Slo (56k good luck)

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sundown said:
So what's the update man? I really like del sols, so im actually interested in this buildup..
Btw, how hard is it to find sol parts? I mean, is sourcing sol-specific parts hard? Ive personally never seen one in a junkyard..
lol no real updates lately... ive been busy with work lately, and am broke as hell from X-Mas and New Years. plus the weather has been pretty crappy lately:( ill get goin again probably tomorrow, if the weather is decent.

parts can be tough to find, or really easy to find... it all depends on the part really. like my OEM AUX lights took like 8 months to find, yet i can find other parts in a few days. just depends on the part. the 2 parts i really want i cant seem to find... EDM Glass AUX lights, and EDM/ JDM rear fog light.

1999civicsi said:
i really like ur car...i like del sols when there done rite....ur painting it? i like the color that it is now...deff dont see to many of these around...good luck ...
thanks alot man! yea, im painting it when its all said and done. ive got a color in mind, but i might just keep the blue.... i dunno.

RedLine42

High Speed
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
its coming along good.

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
UPDATE! 01-06-07

okay, i did some work this weekend. not much but made a little more progress. had to put in a wheel bearing on the passengar side. got the passengar side suspention all put together. also my buddy helped me strip the interior the rest of the way. here are some pics.

passanger side suspention is done... FINALLY!

interior shot #1

interior shot #2 we got everything i wanted out, out.

me (left) and my buddy (right) after we were done, lol.

oh, and my intake i picked up for $100 at H.I.N. Miami:D

thats bout it for now. tomorrow im gonna try and get the old motor out of it. thanks for all the encouragement guys and gals!

watisjdm

Clit Commander
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
very nice

Sundown

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Damn, looking good man..
I have a feeling this is going to be sooo nice when you finish..
and maybe I missed it, but is a z6 or H23 going into this? when you said autox, I kinda guessed z6 but just wondering..

Edit: and why isnt this in 5th gen? the sol is a 5th civic too, even though people dont like the idea..

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sundown said:
Damn, looking good man..
I have a feeling this is going to be sooo nice when you finish..

Edit: and why isnt this in 5th gen? Your sol is a 5th gen civic too :lol:..
thanks for the kind words. glad to see that people are actually liking my Sol... considering many people hate how they look.

its in other since its not a Civic... even tho it is a 5th gen.:roll:

Sundown

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I thought its actual name is "Honda Civic Del Sol"?
Ive always loved them though.. I guess people expected them to be sports cars because of the targa, but got let down when they had the same things the other civics had in them..

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
It depends on the region and the year. Some were badged "CR-X del Sol", some were badged "Civic del Sol", and some I think are just badged "del Sol".

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
UPDATE!!! 1-14-07

well, finally got the motor out! yay! tomorrow im cleaning the bay and stuff... heres some pics.

all jacked up

oh yeah, motor is dumped!

close-up... yuck.

weight reduction... LOL

me, clowning. i take a pic like this every time i do a motor swap. =)

thats all for now... thanks for looking!

DEEGORILLA06

HATERZ NIGHTMARE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
coming out very nice.last pic looks chezzy.overall nice little project your doing.wish the best with the built.

Slept-n

The Walking Punchline ;-)
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
quit clownin. . .f00l

what motor is going in it. for a suspension swap i tlook seally high up

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Slept-n said:
quit clownin. . .f00l

what motor is going in it. for a suspension swap i tlook seally high up
im doing an all motor D16... 12.3 CR, lightweight everything. i just wanna be a lil different.

the suspention is just stock teggy... and the car is very light, so its "ridin high" right now. when i get my motor built and in, ill get my springs and shocks.

thanks for the comments guys;)

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sohclubkid said:
im doing an all motor D16... 12.3 CR, lightweight everything. i just wanna be a lil different.

the suspention is just stock teggy... and the car is very light, so its "ridin high" right now. when i get my motor built and in, ill get my springs and shocks.

thanks for the comments guys;)
del sols arent really that light due to the such strong/heavy reinforcement for the targa top area

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
stealthy said:
del sols arent really that light due to the such strong/heavy reinforcement for the targa top area
actually the curb weight of my model is about the same as a 95 civic Si... so its not "heavy" like most people make them out to be.

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sohclubkid said:
actually the curb weight of my model is about the same as a 95 civic Si... so its not "heavy" like most people make them out to be.
i didnt mean they are heavy, just not as light as you'd think a little car with a removable roof and 2 seats would be

Show Me Them Titties
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea but they do weigh a good amount, my 92 cx with a d15b7 pulled on my 93 del sol with a d15b, it was about 500 lbs lighter, so it makes a pretty good amount of difference

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
stealthy said:
i didnt mean they are heavy, just not as light as you'd think a little car with a removable roof and 2 seats would be
yea:( quite true.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
sohclubkid said:
Where did you find the curb weight? All I've been able to find were the dry weights. And I hope you don't say the specs link here... because I doubt that info.

Dry Weights for said cars:
1994 Honda del Sol S (MT) -------- 2301
1994 Honda del Sol S (AT) -------- 2387
1994 Honda del Sol Si (MT) ------- 2414
1994 Honda del Sol Si (AT) ------- 2474
1995 Honda Civic Si Hatch (MT) - 2390