Proposing.

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm on the wagon of "you're way too young and things are going to change way too much". You think you've experienced a lot so far; just wait. Things will change drastically in the next 5-10years.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm on the wagon of "you're way too young and things are going to change way too much". You think you've experienced a lot so far; just wait. Things will change drastically in the next 5-10years.
lol there's a wagon now? Well I appreciate the concern, I really do. I just feel that I'm ready for this commitment. Say we do stay together without getting married and things don't work out five years from now. I'd be 23 years old, single, and no game. I'm lucky I even found this girl to begin with. I don't know how I'm even good enough for her but she loves me and I love her. We're together every day and we enjoy each others time and company. Right now engagement feels right. Somewhere down the line of my engagement, marriage will feel right. I'd rather try and fail than to not try at all and wonder what could have been. I've had plenty of relationships, lived plenty of experiences and there's not one thing I wish I would have done before making this commitment. I feel like I'm a little more mature than most my age, at least in my area, and I'm ready to settle down. I KNOW I'm young. But it just feels right. (my username really came into play here. <<)

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Word. If you feel like you're ready, then there shouldn't be anything to stop you.

Whether or not a relationship can work is up to you guys. Just because you're young doesn't mean you shouldn't get married. There are plenty of people out there that started dating in high school and end up happily married for the rest of their lives. But by the same token, there are also people that end up in divorce. Does divorce suck? Undeniably. But there are plenty of other factors other than age that make divorce happen. It's all up to you guys. Sometimes relationships work out, sometimes they don't. s*** happens and life moves on.

dj_hallucn8

"to punish and enslave"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Lol that's crazy man! I'm trying to eliminate the publicity factor because I know she's gonna be in tears and more than likely I will be too.
My wife was more concerned about being in costume & looking like s**t but she did tear up for the moment.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Word. If you feel like you're ready, then there shouldn't be anything to stop you.

Whether or not a relationship can work is up to you guys. Just because you're young doesn't mean you shouldn't get married. There are plenty of people out there that started dating in high school and end up happily married for the rest of their lives. But by the same token, there are also people that end up in divorce. Does divorce suck? Undeniably. But there are plenty of other factors other than age that make divorce happen. It's all up to you guys. Sometimes relationships work out, sometimes they don't. s*** happens and life moves on.
This pretty much sums it up. Thanks man. i'll report back soon :D

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I understand. If I didn't know someone's background and they came at me talking about getting engaged at 18 I'd tell them to wait. But it's just a decision I've grown comfortable with. This engagement period will probably last a year and a half to two years. That's what it's for. But I'm pretty confident in my decision. I definitely understand and appreciate the concern though.
I'm not trying to tell you whether you should or shouldn't do it, that's your own decision. I'm just trying to provide some food for thought. If you're comfortable with it, then just as I said before....I wish you the best of luck.

Avant Uprising

GONE FISHIN
Registered VIP
well im 23 been married for 2 1/2 years and been with her for 8 years so im living proof lol. if she loves you she will say yes no matter what. do what comes to heart and the rest will follow.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
well im 23 been married for 2 1/2 years and been with her for 8 years so im living proof lol. if she loves you she will say yes no matter what. do what comes to heart and the rest will follow.
You're living proof that one of the two possible outcomes can happen. I'm sorry to say, but anything can happen. There will always be fat men that can run fast, white guys that can jump high, Glocks that fail, and Civic's that are actually fast.......it doesn't mean it's common, it just means that it can happen.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
that doesn't prove anything, i'm assuming everything is going well but you've only been married for 2 1/2 years, that's nothing in the grand scheme of things.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
It's funny... If the OP was 26, graduated with a job, a good sized apartment, etc... no one would be giving "food for thought" or "life advice". His chance of staying married with someone is the same as anyone else....50/50.

Marriage isn't about maturity or responsibility or financial responsibility, or being an adult.... Do those things help? Well that depends on the couple. Again...goes back to the couple. I've seen married couples who are immature as s***, not responsible, and are broke as f***. And you know what? They're still happy to be alive and with each other. Because they know no matter what, when the dust settles at the end of the day, they have someone that will hold them and look them in the eyes and tell them they love them and will be with them forever.

Buuuuuuuuuuuut then if they get a divorce it's just a s***ty situation and all goes to f***. :lol: :rolf: :rolf:. But on a serious note, I meant what I said. I'm happy for anyone that can commit to marriage. f***....I'm happy for anyone that can commit to a girl and that girl only.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
It's funny... If the OP was 26, graduated with a job, a good sized apartment, etc... no one would be giving "food for thought" or "life advice".
That's because at the age of 26, with a good job, and a nice sized apartment....we could all assume that he has experienced at least a good deal of what life has to offer. At 18, maybe not even out of high school, it's easy to assume that he still has a good deal of life to live. I can tell you I am SO FAR from who I was at 18, and that was only 4 years ago.

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I want to know why you have to do this NOW, at so YOUNG. Why rush? Why so impatient? If you 2 love each other, then waiting and growing together is more important. An engagement isn't the main time to grow, it's the time you'll want to kill each other, have a few happy moments, plan the wedding, watch yourself go a little broke, or a lot, whatever.

You guys have HS to finish, college to attend, a s**t economy to find a job AND a house in, or an overpriced apartment, the chance to drink, gamble, and attend strip clubs legally, and the list goes on.

I was engaged at your age, and we were saying the exact same things, and were together for longer than you 2. He was already in college, I started attending, and when I was 20 we called it off b/c I mainly grew into a different person, but he did too a bit.

Point is, you have your WHOLE life to do this...trust me when I say, you haven't experienced life.

Avant Uprising

GONE FISHIN
Registered VIP
that doesn't prove anything, i'm assuming everything is going well but you've only been married for 2 1/2 years, that's nothing in the grand scheme of things.
well over all been with her 8 years in total with two kids and very happy it is proof that young love does last if you find the right person sometimes sooner and sometimes later in life.

dj_hallucn8

"to punish and enslave"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Guys, he said they are going to be engaged for a year & a half to two years, that is plenty of time to figure out if you can live with some one, you all act like he's getting hitched next week, this way they get to live together & see if they feel the same way about each other, I'm all for it if you truly love her.