Question about tire pressures

jackdog1

So I have an interesting set of tires on my car, all are brand new except for the front passenger side one (it seems to be fairly new though). My question is, considering three are rated for a max of 44psi and the one for 36psi, should I keep them all at the same pressure (~32-34psi) or close to their own ratings (42,42,34,42)?

The newer ones are a bit less firm than the older one when I have them all at the same pressure.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You want the PSI set to what it says in the door jamb. Keep them all even. If one tire is of different size, get it replaced to prevent odd wear patterns and whatnot. Ideally you should have the same tires all around, or at least similar in the front and similar in the rear.

5SpeedEJ6

Respected
Registered VIP
Exactly what the guy above me said. If you have a different tire size, I'd change it asap to the correct size. Also I'd run either what it says in your door jam or at least make sure you run the same all around.

jackdog1

Exactly what the guy above me said. If you have a different tire size, I'd change it asap to the correct size. Also I'd run either what it says in your door jam or at least make sure you run the same all around.
I'll double check, but I'm pretty sure they're all the exact same size and shape. That's why I'm confused about why the pressures are so different.

TheHatchGuy

5+ Year Member
I run my tires at 38 psi all around when they call for 32-33 psi and I get a little extra mileage on a tank of gas but road noise is a little louder and the car takes bumps a little harder.

5SpeedEJ6

Respected
Registered VIP
I run my tires at 38 psi all around when they call for 32-33 psi and I get a little extra mileage on a tank of gas but road noise is a little louder and the car takes bumps a little harder.
Doesn't sound too bad, except that you might be wearing out the inside of your tires much faster than the outside of them which shortens tire life span.