Questions about making my civic turbo

jh1344

Is that sarcasm? And they didn't exactly have a class on how to turbo your car, so that's why I'm asking for some help.

Wreckless Hype

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I really don't understand the point in having to worry about pushing so much performance and worrying about whether or not your engine is going to explode, vs putting the money into a better engine off the bat and maybe some simple bolt-ons?

Btw, I raced an SRT-4 running 13psi in my WRX pushing 22psi and he destroyed me. PSI is such an awful measurement for performance goals unless you say, "I want this turbo with this setup to hit this power safely, so XX PSI is what I should shoot for."

Look up D16Y8 builds pushing 8lbs on T3/T4s and see if that's what you're looking for. Or spend the money to build a 25psi (on what ever turbo you have in mind) and spend ass tons of money to build it properly. Even with your ASE certification, it's going to cost more or about the same as a B16 would, and a B16 is going to be shittons easier to care for and less to worry about.

jh1344

I just want my civic to push way more than 106 hp and I want it to do it safely with boost. Tis my goal.

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
Bitches love the d keep the d. Vitara/eagle pick a turbo. Could just use the y7 block and put the y8 head on. Don't have to listen to me though I have yet to finish my car and have already gone through one built motor lol.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Bitches love the d keep the d. Vitara/eagle pick a turbo. Could just use the y7 block and put the y8 head on. Don't have to listen to me though I have yet to finish my car and have already gone through one built motor lol.

I love D series builds, but this guy doesnt understand what it takes...

Jermee

Registered VIP
Get a four cylinder Big block f23 or f22 and put a little turbo on it'll hold around 300hp stock....with a good tune and e-85 it'll hold more. Plus it makes torque. Good day

jh1344

That's the whole point of this thread, bro. Help me understand what it takes. Eagle rods is a good start. Thank you for finally giving me something.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Get a four cylinder Big block f23 or f22 and put a little turbo on it'll hold around 300hp stock....with a good tune and e-85 it'll hold more. Plus it makes torque. Good day
Or get a k24a1/4/8 with a little turbo on it and it'll hold 450 stock.

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
I've heard that 8lbs of boost is weak and close to stock. It's just what I've been told, so I've been under the impression that I need more than 8lbs. If that's not the case, then I'll take any help I can get. I jist wanna push more than 200 hp withput blowing my engine.
Who ever told you that, tell them to stop talking forever

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
OP, before anything.... what's your budget? Determining this should be your first step. Then set a POWER goal -- this has nothing to do with how much PSI you'll be running... yet. I say this because a big turbo with a few pounds of boost could be comparable to a smaller turbo running a higher amount.

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
OP, before anything.... what's your budget? Determining this should be your first step. Then set a POWER goal -- this has nothing to do with how much PSI you'll be running... yet. I say this because a big turbo with a few pounds of boost could be comparable to a smaller turbo running a higher amount.
Bingo.

Give us a budget, a power goal, and whether you will be DDing this car all the time, and I think we can give you some ideal builds that others have done, that may be able to guide you.

As for a D, if you're really set on dumping a bunch of money into an obsolete platform, Vitara pistons and Eagle Rods are a go-to for people boosting those motors. ARP headstuds, Eagle block guard etc. are all necessities.

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
b****es love the d keep the d. Vitara/eagle pick a turbo. Could just use the y7 block and put the y8 head on. Don't have to listen to me though I have yet to finish my car and have already gone through one built motor lol.
That thing has to be a complete dog when not in boost.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Less than $1500?
with second hand sold stuff, yes. Seen for k20a2 swaps sold for a grand which sell for much more than an accord k24a4. So getting the disliked k24 and a little turbo is nothing.