Rant thread

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i cracked one of my rota slipstreams :( i know they are dime a dozen but i have a pretty rare color and offset and im having trouble finding a new one. filling up my tire twice a day is getting old. anyone know where i can find a wide selection of rotas?

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i cracked one of my rota slipstreams :( i know they are dime a dozen but i have a pretty rare color and offset and im having trouble finding a new one. filling up my tire twice a day is getting old. anyone know where i can find a wide selection of rotas?
Stop buying junk wheels...??

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
^ what's wrong with it?
Transmission is on it's way out. Input shaft bearing is whining louder and louder by the month. 2nd gear was rebuilt a few years ago and it's popping again. My rear toe adjuster bolts are seized so I can't get my toe fixed and I've got chopping on the rear tires. My front camber is off too. I've already taken it in for an alignment and they couldn't do much. I need new window motors, they barely go up when it's cold, I have to use my hands to help push it up. Currently I'm having issues with a fluctuating temp gauge. The car isn't warming up and when it does, the needle goes up and down and it doesn't really get fully warm. I have a new OEM thermostat at home which I hope will fix it but most likely not. I've had an idle issue for a year and a half now and can't pinpoint it and I'm just so sick of it I don't want to spend hours diagnosing this or that.

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
John...those are all relatively easy, and cheaper fixes.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I just don't care anymore and don't have any money. If you wanna be my sugar momma I'm down with that.

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I just don't care anymore and don't have any money. If you wanna be my sugar momma I'm down with that.
How do you not have money; you live with your parents. Just chip away at the small things first.

I don't care about my civic anymore either, and the last thing I want to do is put money into it. BUT, when I get rid of it, it needs to be running properly so I can get a decent sale out of it. Give some, lose some.

I've got a couple of hookups. Send me what you need first, and let me see what I can do for you.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Why do people say that? I'm tired of hearing it. Most of my money goes to school loans. I moved back home with my parents because I had to start paying them back.

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Why do people say that? I'm tired of hearing it. Most of my money goes to school loans. I moved back home with my parents because I had to start paying them back.
BC it's true. Knowing you only have certain bills to pay, 'allows' you to spend a bit more on other UNnecessary things.

I'm sure you make more than me, but I'm positive I have more outgoing bills than you. This isn't a pissing match, I'm just saying when you're 100% on your own you watch money MUCH more closely. Oakleys and skincare are not on my list of expenses, and not even 'oh just this time'.

Don't take it like I'm harping at you, b/c I'm not. I offered to 'help'..that's all.

speedygonzales

Royal Member ~ RonJ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I hear you about the not having money, I'm currently paying off my car and living with my parents. There are a lot of things I'd like to do to my car but beings as I have a 70 to 80 mile commute each day all my money goes to gas and car payments. It gets frustrating sometimes but stick with it.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
f**k it... I'm dropping it. Woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning and I snapped earlier at Kelly's post.

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
John, Well, there's two options here. Keep the car or get rid of the car. Good luck. If you do decided to fix the car just keep your cool man and tackle one problem at time. You know like that saying "one day at time" One fix at a time. On the Trans, give it a fluid change if haven't recently, it will help with the whine. Popping gears to me usually means bad synchronizers. Im sure the car is warming up, if you were to put your hand on the valve cover after five minutes of it being on, it would burn. You might have a bad water temperature sensor or a bad guage cluster. I don';t think its the thermostat, if that was bad it would probably overheat.

Jersey8

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Stop buying junk wheels...??
if that were an option for me right now i would buy a nice set of wheels, but currently that is not in the cards. i originally bought this set off of a friend about 4 years ago for a great price and they worked fine, its just ever since i moved to michigan i started having problems (mi roads suck).
i just need 1 wheel to get me by until i get a new car

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Lol @ having no money. When you have to decide what bill NOT to pay one month just to put food on the table, then you can talk about not having money.

antie22

i
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
now that my friend is crucial debt^^^
but if i dnt keep close eye on my petty spending its gonna happen to me

im already in debt and trying to dig my self out of roughly 35,000ish bucks and im only 21 :(

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
if that were an option for me right now i would buy a nice set of wheels, but currently that is not in the cards. i originally bought this set off of a friend about 4 years ago for a great price and they worked fine, its just ever since i moved to michigan i started having problems (mi roads suck).
i just need 1 wheel to get me by until i get a new car
Then don't buy aftermarket wheels if you can't afford reliable, quality wheels. OEM wheels will hold up perfectly fine, and don't cost a crap ton of money.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
now that my friend is crucial debt^^^
but if i dnt keep close eye on my petty spending its gonna happen to me

im already in debt and trying to dig my self out of roughly 35,000ish bucks and im only 21 :(
Not really debt in the normal sense. Only have 2 credit cards that have about $800 on both, no car payment, no more school loans, etc. Problem is making less than half of what I made a year ago and everything was set up for that income. Had to shut down a business and switch careers. :cry:

They say that your rent/house payment should be 1/4 of what you make. Mine with the recession is just between 1/2 and 3/4 now. Doesn't leave much in the way of paying electric/water/heat, cell, garbage, home insurance, car insurance, home upkeep/repairs, car maintenance, food, etc. Extra money that would normally be "fun" money or stuff for the car goes to internet and satellite.

Sucks when one week paycheck used to cover house payment, now 2 weeks pay doesn't even cover it. F'k the economy/recession!

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Not really debt in the normal sense. Only have 2 credit cards that have about $800 on both, no car payment, no more school loans, etc. Problem is making less than half of what I made a year ago and everything was set up for that income. Had to shut down a business and switch careers. :cry:

They say that your rent/house payment should be 1/4 of what you make. Mine with the recession is just between 1/2 and 3/4 now. Doesn't leave much in the way of paying electric/water/heat, cell, garbage, home insurance, car insurance, home upkeep/repairs, car maintenance, food, etc. Extra money that would normally be "fun" money or stuff for the car goes to internet and satellite.

Sucks when one week paycheck used to cover house payment, now 2 weeks pay doesn't even cover it. F'k the economy/recession!
I'm right there with you. I took about a 40% cut. The more you make, the more you spend usually. I lost my place b/c I was used to making enough to pay rent 2 times a month, plus pay for bills and have fun. Then I went to rent was 1/2 my income and had a ton of debt.

Somehow this year I've paid off 3 debts, and was making less w/ higher rent. I go nowhere all the time, and if I hang out with people they usually come over here or I try to find free events.

Finally things are turning around, and trust me it hasn't been easy at all. I got quite a few job offers in the past 2 weeks, accepted one, and then had a better offer just happen yesterday and am torn what to do now. I'll be making close to what I used to make, and there's no way I'm spending that money. I've learned to live on next to nothing and I'm making sure my savings are at least 6 months out now.

Agreed on this f**king recession. It's ruined my career, but at least I'm still younger with hardly any assets unlike older people.

Jersey8

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Then don't buy aftermarket wheels if you can't afford reliable, quality wheels. OEM wheels will hold up perfectly fine, and don't cost a crap ton of money.
i should have known this was coming. my question was not, "how do i buy wheels?" my question was where can i get a new rota. thats it.

this wheels lasted me for awhile already im not complaining. and the crack happened from a massive pothole. its a small hairline crack thats just big enough to seep air, it literally could have happened to any wheel.