really weird problem....

SoundZman

5+ Year Member
went to autozone today on my way there it was doing the same thing it was running horrible with a rough ass idle and it was a misfire code =] checked plugs and ended up breaking a plug wire so i replaced the whole set with the duralast brand they have at autozone with lifetime warranty for 40 bucks they not 10MM wires but they got lifetime warranty so i said mm f**k it u know lets do this...changed the sparkplug wires and turned car on ran so smoothly =] cleared the code and everything was great on da way home =] so it must've just been bad plug wires im still going to change the radiator cap and get new NGK iridium sparkplugs as well next week so we'll see
Glad you found out what the root cause was, it's good to know when you a complete fix. Just curious, how did you find out you had a broke plug wire??? Usually take ohming the out with dmm...

JDMneeds

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah i got a dmm but before i could even use it mmm my wire just fall apart in 3 pieces lol so i had to change it regardless and it fixed the issue

civic_chick_98

5+ Year Member
today was raining all day i was at work and when i came out it was still raining i drove out my job's parkinlot and then a minute later i stop at a light i was going to make a phone call but when the light went green i realized my engine was like losing power and then re-gaining the power felt like if it was misfiring and then fixing itself and my exhaust was sounding really weird i drove it to the gas station it kept doing it the whole way there like when i accelerate it would go but then kinda lose power and then gain it back i stopped at the gas station and revved my engine a little because i herd a club civic member had the same issue not long ago and he did that and then it was fine well i get out the gas station and then it kept doing it but it soon went away i did get a check engine light flashing and then when it stopped doing it it became a solid check engine light. i drove it back home everything was fine the whole way back after that and i drove it for 20 minutes no overheating or anything wrong at all so im really wondering imma check it in da morning and see if it does anything weird :(:(

I have had the same problem when it rains with my car and it was more then likly just some water gettin sucked up into something in the engine...I wouldnt worry too much about it. I didnt, and my car still works fine...

JDMneeds

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
is working good now i havent had a problem since i changed the ignition wires no code no drivability issues or nothing =]

dreamin

5+ Year Member
Wahoo! Isn't it nice when you accidentally fix it =) Sorry about your old wires - but glad you fixed your ride!

JDMneeds

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah is nice when ur car is running fine it makes u feel good lol thanks :D