rearview mirror and bass

evilrilla2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
so i recently installed Broadway convex 270mm rear mirror. I love it, problem is, that it drops with my bass system. by the end of the song its pointing down and i no longer see through the rear window.

any ideas? should i buy another rearview mirror in better condition? or will it still give me the same problem..Or is there a way to fix this issue???

Brando312

5+ Year Member
Well mine seemed to do it no matter what I did so I just learned to deal with it. You could try to rig something up to keep it up but never seemed to work for me. Haha

evilrilla2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
There is an answer for everything, except to answer of the meaning of life.

well i browse around and got one idea. drill a small hole where the ball joint is located and place a bolt in there. this will tightened it up. I will do this today, i will let you know if i succeeded or not.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
turn your radio down.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
lol people who want to hear things when they are 30

evilrilla2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
so i found there is a torx screw inside the mirror.I tightend up that bad boy and im set. My mirror is STIFF and does not move at all when Im blasting my ultimate bass system. Total satisfaction.

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Awesome, I will be doing this tomorrow b/c I have the same issue w/ my system. And ZOMG I HAS MY XM IN THE SAME SPOT AS YEW!!!11ONEONEONE

evilrilla2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member

DiverDown

My mirror is STIFF and does not move at all when Im blasting my ultimate bass system. Total satisfaction.
See I like it a little loose. Nothing makes your system seem louder to the bass-virgins than a mirror that turns 90 degrees clockwise when the breakdown hits in a sick dubstep song :P

Good find though AllStockHatch, my buddy has an 18" in his 4runner and doesn't even use his mirror anymore. I'll clue him in and this and hopefully there will be a close-to-similar set-up so he can finally use that sucker.