rebuilt motor questions

94civicchick

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I recenly had a rebuilt motor put in. I have a 94 dx and the motor was a 91 si. I have questions about "extra"parts and sh*t that he made me pay for and the civic still doesnt run right. So i guess my questions are: he made me pay extra for a timing belt, remind u that the motor was suppose to be already all rebulit when i bought it. also for many gaskets and now he is telling me that i have to have the injectors cleaned. I want to know, shouldnt the timing belt and gaskets have come included with the "rebuilt" motor? And shouldnt the injectors alreardy been clean..i just wanna know if i am getting screwed. any comments welcome for helping me figure this out before i am forced to pay more money to get this car running right.

DredwerkZ

Irish Devil
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I would think so.. I bought a rebuilt motor for a 1984 Caprice I had...It was complete...drop it in, bolt it up, and turn it on...

DredwerkZ

Irish Devil
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Also...I know that the gaskets come with the rebuild kit...not sure bout the belts, maybe it depends on the level of kit you buy or where you get it...

94civicchick

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well im not sure what kind of kit i bought he didnt tell me anything about anything...i guess that was where the problem started

DredwerkZ

Irish Devil
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sounds like you left yourself open to a screwing-over...he is probably thinkin.."she is a dumb chick, what could she know"

94civicchick

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah i could see how that could happen but he had worked on many cars of ppl i know.....so i thought he would be legit.....i know about cars but i guess not as much as i thought lol

DredwerkZ

Irish Devil
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
A woman who knows her s**t about cars is a mechanics worst enemy...lol

Cha

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
DredwerkZ said:
A woman who knows her s**t about cars is a mechanics worst enemy...lol

Word!! I call Word on that!!!

94civicchick

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ohh cha! lol well i guess i should take some classes....this was a learning process...i guess i should say IS a learning process since im still going through it with him.....

Cha

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yup and me and you will be @ Chelle's skew trying to get schooled in da art of not getn fawked over by a mechanic :D

Killa_CiViC

When Honda's Attack!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
My question is... WHERE is this shop you speak of? and WHO is the mechanic? So that we may all know to avoid his shop...

Also... are you sure he knows his stuff? I wouldn't be putting a 91 Si engine in a 94 DX... between those years the distributor changed, so you would have to rewire the car to use the 91 distributor and ECU, or you would have to modify the head where the distributor bolts on so you could use the 94's... UNLESS he used the 91 block and the 94 head.
Also, the sensor plugs between 91 and 94 changed both plug style and position.

How is it running? what is it doing?

If the guy told you it's a rebuilt motor, already put it in, and it is actually not... you have grounds for a lawsuit against him.. just talk to a lawyer and yall both have a good mechanic check it over to make sure it hasn't actually been rebuilt, and sue away.

99civic-boosted

Luke 10:27
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The timing belt and gasket are considered part of a basic rebuild. However the injectors are not necessarily part of the build.

If there is ANY question about the rebuild it isn't a bad idea to replace the belt.
To have this replaced before the engine is installed should cost peanuts as opposed to after.

94civicchick

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
OMG!!!!! that muthaf**ka!!!! ok well what its doing is it will not excelerate barely at all...i really have to drive it hard and like get the rpms high before it will start to excelerate..i have to ride the clutch so that it will go......thanks for the info tell me more if u can.....imma talk to this dude TODAY! the name of the shop is Concept Racing

94civicchick

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i did pay for the belts and everything he recommended but after i gave the ok i did a lil reasearch and found out he was overcharging me for the parts....he told me he would charge parts only not labor b/c he already had the motor out

Cha

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ummm yuh Im not too happy with their work also u know it, 94civicchick.. yall wanna know da shop for realz? Ill give you da whole info even his street address to is crib..LOL jk jk but yuh

DredwerkZ

Irish Devil
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I had that same problem (poor acceleration till I hit higher RPM's) I replaced the ignition coil, distributor cap and rotor and everything was fine

Cha

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
94civicchick said:
OMG!!!!! that muthaf**ka!!!! ok well what its doing is it will not excelerate barely at all...i really have to drive it hard and like get the rpms high before it will start to excelerate..i have to ride the clutch so that it will go......thanks for the info tell me more if u can.....imma talk to this dude TODAY! the name of the shop is Concept Racing

Dats concept racing Plano off 15th street. to be exact!! :D

Cha

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Naw i mean sorry to call concept out like that but I mean I had work done with them b4 involving tranny work on my eclipse. I know Mitsubishi aint nothing to play with and the parts aint exactly cheap but if you call yourself (the mechanic said this) " Im the eclispe man" then you should know what your doing. All im saying is if you put trust into somebody (that claims to be your friend and will help you as much as possible $1,000 + spent later) I think they should atleast do a decent job and inform you what cause and effects will happen if you do this and that.

94civicchick

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oh hell yeah i totally agree and they should be called out b/c if this is what they do to "friends", then who knows what the hell he would do to a stranger....the word needs to be put out.